Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And making pathetic troll warchief would not be fan catering? He is so damn useless that he almost got assassinated (wasted oportunity imo, would be a good plot twist if Vol'jin died after all that tough talk)
    They won't make Vol'Jin Warchief... oh please, don't.

His greatest accomplishment is tapping a keg during Brewfest. And yet he is so freaking popular. I just don't get it. If I would have to choose the lesser evil (with the question of "which among current leaders of the Horde will be the Warchief") I would pick anarchy I guess. Vol'Jin, interesting only because he nearly got assassinated? Baine the Quilboar Lover? Sylvanas who would rather kill the reminder of the Horde and raise them as slaves? The belf guy? Hell, the non-existant Gallywix the Asshole would be a better pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Vol'Jin, interesting only because he nearly got assassinated?
    Only reason Vol'Jin has so many fans is because he was the first one to VERBALY threaten the scrappy of the warcraft universe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    They won't make Vol'Jin Warchief... oh please, don't.

His greatest accomplishment is tapping a keg during Brewfest. And yet he is so freaking popular. I just don't get it. If I would have to choose the lesser evil (with the question of "which among current leaders of the Horde will be the Warchief") I would pick anarchy I guess. Vol'Jin, interesting only because he nearly got assassinated? Baine the Quilboar Lover? Sylvanas who would rather kill the reminder of the Horde and raise them as slaves? The belf guy? Hell, the non-existant Gallywix the Asshole would be a better pick.
    The only reason why vol'jin is popular is that back in cataclysm beta dataminers first found only the part of troll starting experience when he trash talk garrosh but the one where he apologises to thrall was found day or two later. That short time was still enough for all "OMFG VULJIN IS AWESUM" crowd that last to this day.

Vol'jin needs to fortify the echo isles. He should worry about the trolls and recrut the zandalari after the thunder king is dead. Lorthamar us too close to varian and he allows sylvanas to manipulate him. Sylvanas won't get warchief due to her genocide of the gilneas people. Baine will most likely get it since thrall wanted to give it to cairne but didn't since he's not orc. Thrall could realize that was a mistake. Baine is the best canidate. He's reasonable and diplomatic he reaches out for peace but he will kill you if you bring harm his way.

Nowc look at it this way. Lets say we lose org at the end of the xpac. Silvermoon is not going to be defended although it's easy to defend since there are 2 ways in and you cannot fly also on par with UC they're too close to stormwind. The isles are isolated but an attack on vol'jin would be easy since allies could attack from anywhere. Best spot for a warchief if org is destroyed is the bluffs far from SW, easily able to be defended from allies and its in the md of kalimdor.

Bigger question is who will be leader of orcs. Saurfang, eitrigg, rexxar, or med'an?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    med'an?
    How can you posit this with a straight face?

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The only reason why vol'jin is popular is that back in cataclysm beta dataminers first found only the part of troll starting experience when he trash talk garrosh but the one where he apologises to thrall was found day or two later. That short time was still enough for all "OMFG VULJIN IS AWESUM" crowd that last to this day.
    That and he turned Rexxar Chen and Rokhan into spirit wyverns that wiped out a fleet of human ships in TFT
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    How can you posit this with a straight face?

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 10:55 AM ----------

That and he turned Rexxar Chen and Rokhan into spirit wyverns that wiped out a fleet of human ships in TFT
    Indeed he mastered art of making other's doing his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Blood Elves I have to say, it is a bit weird for Lor'themar Theron to be Warchief. It also doesn't seem like a good move because they hardly even touched Theron since BC so he was just standing in Silvermoon doing nothing for like 4 years. At this point they might as well make Voljin the new Warchief if Thrall or Saurfang won't be, since at least he's been part of the MoP story actually doing something.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    since at least he's been part of the MoP story actually doing something.
    Yeah, like being a victim and...

wait...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a red herring to me TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post

However i think it's about time to put crown on Theron head and called him King of Quel'Thalas Blizz Develop him very good in 5.1 and 5.2
    One good thing is that I never wanted to be king, or wear the clothes of a king, or live in the royal palace, had no intention of luxury or wealth. It is said that lorthemar works so hard that spends more time in his office than at home.
    always said to be a ranger is not a politician, but for the life sircunstancias touched her political role.

is a good character who deeply loves his people and would give his life for them, a patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's not exactly hard confirmation though. Most of the Horde leaders (Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, Theron) have realistic shots.
    Baine? We're gonna put the kid in charge? What is this...the alliance?

Next Warchief will be Garosh?
    i bet last part of story will be raid vs (insert name) Old God who manipulated Garosh to do what his haters wanted, Thrall Cleanse Garosh and he makes final blow on Old God.

Lor'themar is a former member of the alliance and has better relations with the alliance than some alliance kingdoms. Its far more likely that Lor'themar betrays the horde and helps the alliance start the siege of orgrimmar.

I don't think there will be a position of warchief by the end the expansion. The alliance doesn't want it because of the "war" aspect. The horde doesn't want it because a single "chief" can make decisions that undermine the independence of member kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.
    You can't stop laughing at what ? Isn't Lor'themar going to play a big part in this next patch ? Who knows how its going to play out. He mite have a side to him that noone has seen and will be revealed in this patch.
    Why would you think that he would make the horde "Fabulous" If you have read the lore blood elfs can be very ruthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only reason Vol'Jin has so many fans is because he was the first one to VERBALY threaten the scrappy of the warcraft universe...
    Amen, Trolls are one of my favorite races but Vol'jin is a useless turd that people only love because he made a threat that he immediately regretted and apologized for.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief." - hah, considering our last discussion here over the dilema "Who is gonna lead the horde after Garrosh?" we can now just patiently wait for fabulous, gorgeous and stylish horde. Fantastic Can't wait!
    source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

I can't stop laughing tbh.
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief" sounds a lot like "but he won't".

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Amen, Trolls are one of my favorite races but Vol'jin is a useless turd that people only love because he made a threat that he immediately regretted and apologized for.
    He'll play an important role in bringing down Garrosh.

i still fail to see why the Orcs would accept him to be their leader, just as the warchief is the "High king" of the horde he is also the racial leader of the Orcs themselves. why would they pay any heed to some nancy boy they have probably never heard of? chances are if he does become WC it takes 10 mins for other Orcs to step in and try to knock him off the throne. probably less. Orcs at least in this generation under Garry are very proud of their heritage and therefore are more then a lil racist, they wont accept ANYONE other than a fellow Orc to lead them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I honestly hope he does but we'll see.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    "Lor'themar Theron was mentioned as a potential future warchief" sounds a lot like "but he won't".

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 10:12 PM ----------

Oh i can imagine that:
    Raid group steps in front of garrosh throne room
    Vol'jin:It be brudda time mon to be finish it brudda
    Vol'jin slips on wet floor
    Vol'jin falls down stairs

Vol'jin: God.. fuckin...brudda...dammit !!! Help !!! Mon !!! Call thrall mon brudda !!!
    Us: Are you ok ?
    Vol'jin: Don't be mon worry about me brudda, when you brudda done with dirty mon work i be brudda show to attention whore and mon take all the glory for myself brudda.
    Us: Wait what ?
    Vol'jin: I be meaing brudda i be helpin you with da spirit brudda mons !!! From afar....
    Us: /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, in the very same interview, Kosak said Theron's development was because they screwed the pooch with Kael'thas. He was built up as the heroic blood elf racial leader and then shipped off the slaughterhouse in TBC; rectifying that was what they aimed to do by giving Theron some facetime. Him being a potential Warchief candidate is probably just to drill that in.

But no, I don't support Warchief Theron. That's a leap too far.