BM Hunter and Afflic Lock, what 3rd Spec/Class for 3v3?

I and a friend would like to start 3v3 arenas next season, and I am a BM hunter, my friend an Afflic lock. I am pretty flexible with my specs, but my friend is pretty set on staying afflic. What would be a good third member of that comp? I am considering a Resto druid, but what I read about the H/W/RD comp was pretty dated, not sure if it's still viable. Thanks for any input!

Hunter/Lock don't have amazing synergy to be fair, so no healer will make it top tier viable.

Shaman and Druid have good synergy with the Lock, Pala and Priest have good synergy with the Hunter.

Priest will DR fears, Pala heals don't compliment locks, Shamans require constant peels vs cleaves and Druids will struggle keeping you both up unless the lock runs with imp most games.

Not sure about MW Monk though, it might even be your best bet, although dots would break paralysis.

Hmm. That's a weird comp. Pretty sure you'll need to go paladin. As was already said, shaman require peels that your comp will lack. Priests might be in a similar situation, but would have the added negative of a barely useful CC kit. A druid might be possible, but he would have to be really really good since he would have to be the majority of your peels. Druid healing is probably still a little on the weak side next patch though, so in all likelihood a druid would just fail to keep up with the damage you'd take. Monk looks like it could be a solid option, but I honestly don't know much about them. They have good mobility and peels, and their healing is actually really strong.

Monks and paladins both seem to be weak against casters in general. Your comp would have pretty decent availability on your silence/spell lock/coil/scatter/etc. so you'd probably be able to support those classes decently by locking out burst and CC from casters. I think what will give you trouble though is melee teams tunneling your warlock and stopping him from doing any damage. You may be able to get by on z-axis maps, but I think you'd have really weak pressure most of the time.

Asb covered it pretty well. Aff is really weak compared to destro or even demo tho, and unlike demo can't tank anything. Anything with a melee class will train your lock into the ground and stop him from doing things.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Hunter/Lock don't have amazing synergy to be fair, so no healer will make it top tier viable.

Shaman and Druid have good synergy with the Lock, Pala and Priest have good synergy with the Hunter.

Priest will DR fears, Pala heals don't compliment locks, Shamans require constant peels vs cleaves and Druids will struggle keeping you both up unless the lock runs with imp most games.

Not sure about MW Monk though, it might even be your best bet, although dots would break paralysis.
    Imp for what? Need of stam? They are actually putting it on Dark Intent in 5.2. I would say, while the comp really doesn't synergize and isn't that good... your best bet is a Resto druid. Afflic aoe dotting will break too many other CC's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Imp for what? Need of stam? They are actually putting it on Dark Intent in 5.2. I would say, while the comp really doesn't synergize and isn't that good... your best bet is a Resto druid. Afflic aoe dotting will break too many other CC's.
    I think he means for cauterize and defensive dispel, but as I've said in different threads multiple times already, it's shit.

Honestly, I actually think that paladins work best with this comp, having the lock use soul link and beacon on the pet.
    This way, it will be extremely hard to ever kill the warlock while the hunter has the joy of having a paladin healer. Not to forget that warlocks love aura mastery and hand of protection.

Normally I'd never say to go with soul link, but this is really an exception for it due how well beacon and soul link work together. And with warlocks very likely being the main target, it's a good thing it will require a lot to get them down, making up for the con of how easy affliction dies.

As for druids, while they are getting some buffs to their healing, they don't really have a lot of love for hunters. Aside from that, the comp itself already has a lot of instant cc, so you really won't be needing a lot more. However, on z-maps, you'll have the advantage of a knockback.
    It will work, but due the synergy between warlocks and hunters and their needs, I don't think druid will be the best choice.

Thanks for the input guys! I've got a lot to look into, you all gave some great points. I appreciate it!