iPhone 4s help needed

I have a problem with my iPhone 4s, and I'm not sure where I should post it. I recently jail broke it, and I restarted it resulting in a never ending load up. I preceded to put my phone into recovery mode, resulting in it being stuck in an endless loop now. I have tried tinyumbrella and recboot to take me out of recovery mode both have failed. Do you have any suggestions / ideas on what I can do to fix this?

plug your phone into computer and try to start it up. Turn it off... plug it in. and than power on. it should boot up. than update evasion via cydia.. when cydia first came out the 4s had to b booted threw computer. they patched it.

let me know if ithis works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you jailbreak it?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcaster View Post
    I have a problem with my iPhone 4s, and I'm not sure where I should post it. I recently jail broke it, and I restarted it resulting in a never ending load up. I preceded to put my phone into recovery mode, resulting in it being stuck in an endless loop now. I have tried tinyumbrella and recboot to take me out of recovery mode both have failed. Do you have any suggestions / ideas on what I can do to fix this?
    Sad story man, I came in here ready to help.

But unfortunately you jailbroke it, which means you've entered a realm in which I nor most people who could help you cannot enter. Your best bet is to google up the symptoms and see if there are any home remedies you can do to fix it. Apple probably won't do anything to help, once you jailbreak it that thing is out of any kind of warranty.
    Call me House.

Which method did you use? If that's the case try to find the repective forum of the method. I'm only good with Android, but if you can find a forum dedicated to a particular method, they would be the best suited to help you.

You can use iTunes to restore your phone to a default state (use the restore option). The downside is that you will lose your data unless you have an earlier backup. Good luck!

I have tried to restore it via iTunes, but I get error messages each time.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 03:24 PM ----------

The plug into iTunes logo just pops up. I can't get past this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Because some people don't like their iDevice to be completely locked down and actually want some freedom in custamization and other apps.

I figured it out. I put my phone into DFU mode and then restored it. Thank's everyone for your time and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Because some people don't like their iDevice to be completely locked down and actually want some freedom in custamization and other apps.
    Then you should buy an Android. iOS is only good for people who have no idea how to use computers, otherwise Android/Windows is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Then you should buy an Android. iOS is only good for people who have no idea how to use computers, otherwise Android/Windows is the way to go.
    If your using that logic, then wouldn't linux be the preferred OS instead of Windows?

Probably so he can make it do stuff an android does out the box :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    So why not get an Android?

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Probably so he can make it do stuff an android does out the box :P
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

does it really matter? i got my iphone from friend when he got a new one. first thing i did is jailbreak the fucking thing.

OP, i can't really remember cause my jailbreak went kinda smooth but i don't think i used the tools you mentioned - thing I used is called redsn0w. at some point i would get a permanent apple logo that wouldn't go away, but then I fixed it.

sorry, not being very helpful. you might wanna wait for someone knowledgeable about the subject cause from I know you can fuck your iThing permanently if you don't know what you're doing.
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2013-03-04 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    does it really matter? i got my iphone from friend when he got a new one. first thing i did is jailbreak the fucking thing.
    It's a simple question, and one that I'll ask you: So why not get an Android?

It's a simple question, and one that I'll ask you: So why not get an Android?
    my previous phone was old-ass nokia and i got the iphone for free. i wanted to get the most out of my iphone. satisfied? ;p

Deleted
    if your unlucky you failed the jailbreak and that messed up your iphone, same as with ipads, 400€ or 400$ wasted!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    my previous phone was old-ass nokia and i got the iphone for free. i wanted to get the most out of my iphone. satisfied? ;p
    Okay, that's a fair response and a fair reason too. What about OP? I don't think he got his for free. Why not get an Android in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I do firmware programming for a living and I use an iPhone. Staring at code as my job already takes the better part of my day, and the last thing I want is to do the same thing with my phone or any other device that is not my work computer. For a phone what I want is ease of use and the iPhone delivers that.

So please don't make these silly generalizations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed. OP fixed his issue and most people in this thread are too immature for a real discussion.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right