Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I'd really go with World of Warcraft, considering it's almost as known as McDonalds and Jesus, yet only played by 10 million people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire, I actually like that game alot, since the day I first played the demo when I was around 10.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    The Phantasy Star series (1 to 4) on the Sega hold fond memories for me but no one else seems to know it, so I guess it qualifies.

Can't say if it has aged well, but it was certainly a great experience back then!
    Phantasy Star III was the single most expensive game I have ever bought... People complain about game costs today, and I find it funny... Though yes, it was an exception... Total cost when I bought it came to $105 or so... For those not in the know, CE's didn't exist back then ; )

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnilf View Post
    This game for SNES was never released in the US and only available via emulator, but it is worth the effort to get yourself a copy. Incredible, relatively unknown ARPG. Has mixed classes and builds for characters in a time where that was practically unheard of. I've played it through at least 4 times now.
    4? Pfft, come back when you've done the challenge-runs. No-class-change, single-character, etc. etc.. The best SNES RPGs become even better when you invent your own hard-mode :P

My underrated game would have to be E.V.O: Path to Eden. The protagonist is a lifeform, travelling trough four distinct eras (fish, amiphibian, dino and mammal). Kill stuff, eat their meat for Evolution Points and HP. Evopoints are used to upgrade teeth, fins etc.. It's a really interesting platformer that I've spent way too many hours on^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Modern Runescape. People seem to think it vanished into obscurity several years back, but here's a trailer for the new content they're releasing:

Always liked this game's lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Shenmue 1 and 2 for me. The gameplay, graphics and the storyline was amazing. Too bad, it was so advance that people didn't catch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    Vanquish

great game
    This deserves a thumbs up. I thought I was the only one who really enjoyed that game... or even knew it existed.

My vote would have to go out to the penny arcade on the rain-slick precipice of darkness series, all three are pretty awesome games.

I know I already said Xenogears, but I also want to add the darksiders franchise.

Darksiders 1+2 are easily classics and are a Zelda/God of War hybrid.

Shame that Darksiders 3 may not see the light of day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I know I already said Xenogears, but I also want to add the darksiders franchise.

Darksiders 1+2 are easily classics and are a Zelda/God of War hybrid.

Shame that Darksiders 3 may not see the light of day.
    What does Darksiders have to do with Zelda o_O

Also, Darksiders isn't underrated at all, it was played by a lot of people and was pretty well-received!

As for my votes:

Urban Chaos
    Hostile Waters
    Sacrifice
    Septerra Core
    Gorki 17/Odium

Edit: Oh, and Oni!

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    What does Darksiders have to do with Zelda o_O
    !
    Darksiders game design is designed very much how Zelda is designed.

Deleted
    Right now? Path of Exile. People need to realize how interesting and exciting this F2P game is.

Historically? Xenogears.

Anyone who has played it knows its Square's best story and close to the best RPG it has ever made.

If Xenogears had a final fantasy type budget, the 2nd cd would have been completely fleshed out and it would be considered the greatest rpg of all time. It's even rumored that FF8 stole money from Xenogears budget.

Even as it stands now, Xenogears, despite being pretty linear, still lasts around 75 hours of gametime and has more story to tell than a Metal Gear Solid game. Try and squeeze that amount of gameplay from current RPGs.

Exactly. It is the single best non cRPG (and then I'm excluding my all-time favourites of Planescape Torment and Baldurs Gate) story-driven RPG I have ever played. It's also the best RPG almost no one has ever played.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-03-03 at 12:00 AM.

Xenogears was damn good, yes, but for me it's easily Final Fantasy Tactics (Zodiac Brave Story, because The War of the Lions remake can go to hell), by far, with a close followup to Tactics Ogre: let us cling together.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:15 PM ----------

Well, going through the pages here, I do have to echo a few previous ones as well:

Jet Force Gemini (N64, actually had a copy once upon a time), Parasite Eve (PSX), and gods damn does seeing Beyond Good and Evil make me tear up.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-03-03 at 12:16 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I'll go with another vintage pick: Transport Tycoon.

Man, the hours I've put into this game. I still play it regularly to this date.

I would have to say for me one of the most underrated games was Killing Time for the 3DO

Shin Megami Tensai: NOCTURNE

I love this game, the art, the aesthetic, the mood, the music, the story, the setting- (Difficulty is nuts tho, not like these modern "Persona" games)

Most PSX JRPGs that were CONSUMED by the long shadow of FF7 deserved more play than they got.

Xenogears : Best story of any classic style RPG ever, period. Combats were also flawless and the art style, while it takes a bit to get used to, was amazing.

Valkyrie Profile : Another piece of art not many people know of, deep story, very involving characters, Lezard Valeth is one of my favorite Villain ever, combat was incredibly fun too.

Disgaea Hour of Darkness : Probably one of the wildest and deepest T-RPG you would ever play, seriously, you can literally do whatever the fuck you want and build literally godhood characters. Story was alright too, his strong point being humor.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-03-03 at 09:32 AM.

Two words.
    Jade....Empire...

Deleted
    I think Mists of Pandaria is massively underrated by players that haven't even tried it.

Anyone who has played it knows its Square's best story and close to the best RPG it has ever made.

If Xenogears had a final fantasy type budget, the 2nd cd would have been completely fleshed out and it would be considered the greatest rpg of all time. It's even rumored that FF8 stole money from Xenogears budget.

Even as it stands now, Xenogears, despite being pretty linear, still lasts around 75 hours of gametime and has more story to tell than a Metal Gear Solid game. Try and squeeze that amount of gameplay from current RPGs.
    Agreed, i missed this post before making mine. I fucking hate Square so much for having butchered and squeezed the second CD. They basically cut most dungeons from it (most of the dungeons characters just sit in a chair narrating what is happening were suposed to be playable, i'm 95% sure). You also barely get to use Emeralda because of this, and she's a fun character in combat + her Gear look amazing.

I'm sure it would be a massive hit if they would ever remake it with current technologies and actually finished it, would be almost like a new game anyway since so few people ever heard of it :/.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-03-03 at 09:34 AM.