Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Throne of Thunder rep for LFR?

So does the lfr version give rep towards the shadopan assault or w/e it is to spend valor? And will people doing lfr & normal modes be unlocking it twice as fast?

Deleted
    In LFR you can get rep from trash and bosses until 2999/3000 neutral, afterwards you need to kill bosses in normal or heroic to progress further.

I think this is how it's going to work (on the unlocking front):

release = normal release
    week 1 = heroic release + bosses 1-3 in LFR
    week 3 = bosses 4-6 in LFR
    week 5 = bosses 7-9 in LFR
    week 7 = bosses 10-12 in LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    In LFR you can get rep from trash and bosses until 2999/3000 neutral, afterwards you need to kill bosses in normal or heroic to progress further.
    not quite true. you can get rep from LFR bosses also. the stipulation is that its only ONE type of boss per week. LFR/Norm/Heroic.. doesnt matter you can only get it once per week, from that boss.

Source
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-03-02 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

release = normal release
    Obviously nothing is confirmed but they had said in a couple interviews that the first wing will probably be released 2 weeks after normal with the others "weeks" after. They want to reduce the incentives that normal raiders are required to do LFR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Obviously nothing is confirmed but they had said in a couple interviews that the first wing will probably be released 2 weeks after normal with the others "weeks" after. They want to reduce the incentives that normal raiders are required to do LFR
    They have done for the most part. You can only get legendary quest items from "1 lockout", so if you do LFR you can't get legendary items from normal/heroic and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each boss gives 300 rep.
    That rep can only be obtained once per boss per week.

Scenario:
    You do normal mode. Kill Jin'rokh. He gives you 300rep.
    You then do LFR the same week, Kill Jin'rokh. No rep.

And vise versa.

Hope that helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

It's confirmed that rep gain is the same between Normal/Heroic/LFR? Would've been a nice, small perk if Normal gave a little more, even just like Normal = 350, Heroic = 400, but meh, I'll live with not having to run LFR to double up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    It's confirmed that rep gain is the same between Normal/Heroic/LFR? Would've been a nice, small perk if Normal gave a little more, even just like Normal = 350, Heroic = 400, but meh, I'll live with not having to run LFR to double up.
    The perk is that normals are available WELLLL before LFR. You could've cleared normal like 10 times by the time all of LFR is open (According to the 'couple of weeks' between sections in one of the latest interviews)
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Don't understand why normal and hero players always want more perks over lfr. Isn't the better gear enough? The extra boss which people like me never will face? No. You actually ask for 50 more rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    Don't understand why normal and hero players always want more perks over lfr. Isn't the better gear enough? The extra boss which people like me never will face? No. You actually ask for 50 more rep.
    Same reason I don't understand why people think they should get anything from LFR.
    Raxxykins

Ah true, forgot for a second about how much later we might be getting LFR.

And grdn, if it weren't for set bonuses and trinkets now, I would let LFR go completely and wouldn't care less about what goes on in it. But as it stands, there is still overlap between Normal/Heroic and LFR. The last point I want to make is that Normal alone represents a massively higher commitment compared to LFR, easily worth more than a higher level of gear IMO. I'm in it more for the experience, the gear is just the tool, but it's hard to argue that Normal doesn't deserve a higher reward compared to LFR.

I'll take a rebuttal and leave it at that, don't want this thread to devolve into another LFR bash.

Deleted

release = normal release
    "There is no gating for Normal and Heroic mode, but Raid Finder will open up over a few weeks, starting "a couple weeks" after the patch launch and then opening another every "couple weeks"."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Same reason I don't understand why people think they should get anything from LFR.
    because people actually expect a reward other than seeing the content from doing content in WoW. 90% of players play WoW for what the bosses drop. even those that play it to kill bosses, like world first guilds, actually want to have the gear as well, because it helps them kill the next boss. that's also the reason why so few people do challenge modes, because they're just for the prestige, and there are other ways to get valor that don't involve endlessly farming the optimal dungeon.

I do LFR for the gear as well, in the hopes that I eventually could find my way into normal mode pugs. seeing the content is not enough for me and for 3/4 of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    because people actually expect a reward other than seeing the content from doing content in WoW. 90% of players play WoW for what the bosses drop. even those that play it to kill bosses, like world first guilds, actually want to have the gear as well, because it helps them kill the next boss. that's also the reason why so few people do challenge modes, because they're just for the prestige, and there are other ways to get valor that don't involve endlessly farming the optimal dungeon.

I do LFR for the gear as well, in the hopes that I eventually could find my way into normal mode pugs. seeing the content is not enough for me and for 3/4 of the playerbase.
    I believe his point is that it's harder to grind for BoE epic mats or just about any Epic outside of LFR than it is to just afk in a LFR run and get misc free loot for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    "There is no gating for Normal and Heroic mode, but Raid Finder will open up over a few weeks, starting "a couple weeks" after the patch launch and then opening another every "couple weeks"."
    His release schedule does not have any hints at gating for normal or heroic.

Deleted
    March 5 – Normal Throne of Thunder
    March 12 – Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 “Last Stand of the Zandalari”
    March 19 – LFR Wing 2 “Forgotten Depths”
    April 2 – LFR Wing 3 “Halls of Flesh-Shaping”
    April 16 – LFR Wing 4 “Pinnacle of Storms”

I was almost right *giggle*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Lucky you even get loot tbh.
    Not really.

As already mentioned, people doing normal/heroic modes get their rep waaay earlier than LFR-only players.
    There would be no reason to not give them rep at all beyond neutral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Not really.

As already mentioned, people doing normal/heroic modes get their rep waaay earlier than LFR-only players.
    There would be no reason to not give them rep at all beyond neutral.
    Currently you can only get 2999/3000 neutral with LFR trash and then you need bosses to hit another rank, but in normal/heroic trash gives rep even at friendly etc.

Currently you can only get 2999/3000 neutral with LFR trash and then you need bosses to hit another rank, but in normal/heroic trash gives rep even at friendly etc.
    That's likely a bug, or will work like Firelands and stop giving Rep period from trash once you hit Honored. Blizzard already stated they don't want people doing trash runs and one or two bosses to hit exalted. I'll be really surprised if you can continue to gain rep through trash beyond Friendly in Normal and Heroic, as that completely goes against Blizzard's original intention of trying to kill trash runs like what we saw back in ICC.

Yes. No, you can only get rep from each boss once a week, so you can't double up doing lfr and normal, it's pretty much just firelands.