10+ Year Old Account

Sucked back in again.

I read the patch notes for the new stuff, resubscribed, FML.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They allllllways come back. AAAAAAALLLLWAAAAAAAYYYSSSS!!!! There is no escape! You can run. but you can't hide from WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    They allllllways come back. AAAAAAALLLLWAAAAAAAYYYSSSS!!!! There is no escape! You can run. but you can't hide from WoW!
    True story.

Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    Patches always bring people back. But after the newness of everything subsides, people realize why they quit in the first place. This can be seen in many guilds. People disappear when the patch is getting older, and then come back when the new stuff hits.

Anything in particular that brought u back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    Famous last words. WoW until the grave.

10+ Year Old Account
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

A couple friends of mine are trying to suck me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Patches always bring people back. But after the newness of everything subsides, people realize why they quit in the first place. This can be seen in many guilds. People disappear when the patch is getting older, and then come back when the new stuff hits.
    This pretty much. Major patches bring new content to do to the gamer, but after that's finished people leave again until the new major patch hits. I think I'm going to do the same with the last patch, should keep me busy for a month or two when it comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    Anything in particular that brought u back?
    I've always been a huge fan of Thunder and Lightning based Deities, probably has something to do with my fascination with the fantasy elements. That and I've had a gaming itch the last few months.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    this is the feeling i got back in Cata. i quit right before the firelands raid came out. i was never a pve'er, i mainly liked to pvp and level toons but i got a free week of playtime right before dragon soul released and i thought why the heck not, ill use that free week and see if anything interests me. unfortunately the game was basically the same and i dont think i logged on after the first day.

not hating on WoW but for me personally the game has run its course. the story seems really awesome, which is something i always liked about warcraft, but i can find other games with good stories that are f2p or b2p. cheers!

Just admit that the moment you decided to "take a quick look" at the new patch notes you already wanted to come back . First step in successfully staying away from WoW involves complete cut-off of all things WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    this is the feeling i got back in Cata. i quit right before the firelands raid came out. i was never a pve'er, i mainly liked to pvp and level toons but i got a free week of playtime right before dragon soul released and i thought why the heck not, ill use that free week and see if anything interests me. unfortunately the game was basically the same and i dont think i logged on after the first day.

not hating on WoW but for me personally the game has run its course. the story seems really awesome, which is something i always liked about warcraft, but i can find other games with good stories that are f2p or b2p. cheers!
    Ya see I can't completely quit WoW, I take breaks couple months here and there, this has bee my longest one thou, last time I played was a month or so at MoP launch. Even when I'm not playing I am constantly checking this site and other WoW sites for information.

I know the feeling. I quit and played GW2 for a while but ended up coming back because Throne of Thunder was being compared to Ulduar and I would like to see it. I currently have 6 lvl 90s and just started a new monk alt while I gear up my hunter.. Like you said, FML. I should also note that Im having a blast so fuck it, i love the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see I'm not alone. :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Somewhere between TTT, SimCity, and Civ5 I learned to hide.

Wow is like Frostmourne, the game that you play was empowered and forged by the devs to steal souls. Your's may have not been the first one it claimed, but you'll make do without one. But as you sit there you may think now what is World of Wacraft's next will?

Once you know this, the game will give you further instructions.

now in typical dwarfish fashion "of with ye!"