Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

AMD FX-6300 + GTX 560 ti

Hello. I just want to ask that is AMD FX-6300 and GTX 560 ti good enough combination to play wow on ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Hello. I just want to ask that is AMD FX-6300 and GTX 560 ti good enough combination to play wow on ultra?
    Yeah that'll do fine. You won't be maxing out framerates or anything but it'll do the job.
    Last edited by clintok; 2013-03-03 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you looking to buy those parts? Perhaps we can get something better if you give us a budget. Intel works better in WoW though.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

should be good.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    It will be good enough to max out everything but shadows and Liquid Detail everything else will probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    It will be good enough to max out everything but shadows and Liquid Detail everything else will probably be fine.
    Doubtful, you need a i5-3570K overclocked and a 660/7870 to max out WoW on Ultra minus shadows. The FX-6300 is significantly slower than an i5-3570K and the 560 Ti is slower than the 660.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Doubtful, you need a i5-3570K overclocked and a 660/7870 to max out WoW on Ultra minus shadows. The FX-6300 is significantly slower than an i5-3570K and the 560 Ti is slower than the 660.
    You can max out wow with other things then a I5 I have seen it myself. My buddy has a 7850 with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 and gets in the mid 100's with everything maxed but shadows and Liquid Detail on a 22 inch 1080p monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    You can max out wow with other things then a I5 I have seen it myself. My buddy has a 7850 with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 and gets in the mid 100's with everything maxed but shadows and Liquid Detail on a 22 inch 1080p monitor.
    I'm talking about in a raid, where computer specs are stressed to the limit and the only time high FPS actually matters.

MoP also increased the load of the CPU/GPU.

I'm talking about in a raid, where computer specs are stressed to the limit and the only time high FPS actually matters.

MoP also increased the load of the CPU/GPU.
    Depends on what kind of performance you're talking about. I've got an FX-6300 and a 7850, everything maxed including shadows and I get 30-40fps in LFR and 40-60 in 10 man. Not incredible fps by any means but you definitely don't need a 3570k and 7870+ to raid with maxed settings.
    Last edited by blargh312; 2013-03-04 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I'm using a 2500k at 4.5ghz and a 560ti everything is on max at 1920x1080 and I have never had FPS issues anywhere at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Depends on what kind of performance you're talking about. I've got an FX-6300 and a 7850, everything maxed including shadows and I get 30-40fps in LFR and 40-60 in 10 man.
    I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    I'm using a 2500k at 4.5ghz and a 560ti everything is on max at 1920x1080 and I have never had FPS issues anywhere at any time.
    A 2500K is approximately as fast as a 3570K and much faster than a FX-6300.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-03-04 at 01:46 AM.

I call BS.
    http://imgur.com/a/Rvvj8

FPS is at the top. Only one is under 30fps and I think that was because I took two screenshots in quick succession. Can't do 10 man until raid tomorrow but I'd be happy to show you that too.

Specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/2640242

The 7850 is running at 1ghz core clock and 1.3ghz memory clock.

FPS is at the top. Only one is under 30fps and I think that was because I took two screenshots in quick succession. Can't do 10 man until raid tomorrow but I'd be happy to show you that too.
    1) 1x Multisampling, standard usage is 4x

2) 30-40 FPS ain't all that great, even if legit. The 3570K's +50% per core performance would bring it up to an acceptable 60+.

2) 30-40 FPS ain't all that great, even if legit. The 3570K's +50% per core performance would bring it up to an acceptable 60+.
    I said myself it wasn't great, but it's definitely acceptable, especially for how cheap the hardware is.

The main thing I was getting at was that you don't need an overclocked 3570k and 7870 to max out wow without maxed shadows. OP should be able to run wow on ultra at acceptable fps with a 6300 and 560ti.

I said myself it wasn't great, but it's definitely acceptable, especially for how cheap the hardware is.

The main thing I was getting at was that you don't need an overclocked 3570k and 7870 to max out wow without maxed shadows. OP should be able to run wow on ultra at acceptable fps with a 6300 and 560ti.
    As it is generally defined, max out WoW means Ultra + 4x AA at 60+ FPS in a 25 man raid. Your rig clearly does not max out WoW.

We can run the performance per price argument all day due to the effects of diminishing returns when going for higher performance parts. To max out WoW, you definitely need an overclocked 3570K and a 660/7870.

As it is generally defined, max out WoW means Ultra + 4x AA at 60+ FPS in a 25 man raid. Your rig clearly does not max out WoW.

We can run the performance per price argument all day due to the effects of diminishing returns when going for higher performance parts. To max out WoW, you definitely need an overclocked 3570K and a 660/7870.
    I think you're trying to argue semantics rather than answering the question asked in the thread.

Deleted
    I think you're trying to argue semantics rather than answering the question asked in the thread.
    Yeah, what an idiot that dude. Main point prolly is that wow is "playable" at ultra, not that you have to fuckin' count every point of fps.

1) 1x Multisampling, standard usage is 4x

Standard setting is 1x so why would the standard usage be 4x? Blargh312 is right you don't need an intel chip to max out WoW. 30-40 fps is more than enough for raids considering you're just only spamming the shit out of your buttons or reading your healingframes or threatmeter/dpsmeter out and the game itself is being a "background".

The more you multitask, the more concentration it requires and this effects your eyes speed so you're barely going to notice the difference between 60 & 30 fps while there is a lot of pressure on you.

Deleted
    In my experience you cant compare lfr with 25man heroic testing since more dps, heal, inc damage will force your computer to work harder and not pushing the same fps. For example in lfr Im usually above 60fps but in hc can drop to 30 easily.
    Ill post more evidences this night with a 25hc and lfr tsulong screens, but for now:
    http://i.imgur.com/zvnbWjK.jpg?1

This is with all eyecandy stuff on and 8x multisampling running a 2500k@4,7ghz plus overclocked 660ti.

Deleted
    AFAIK WoW shows better performance with Intel i3 (SB/NB). You should be able to get stable 60 FPS with, let's say i3-2100 + GTX560Ti even in a 25-man raid. About Vishera I'm not sure but no, you don't need an i5 to get decent FPS in WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaash View Post
    In my experience you cant compare lfr with 25man heroic testing since more dps, heal, inc damage will force your computer to work harder and not pushing the same fps. For example in lfr Im usually above 60fps but in hc can drop to 30 easily.
    Ill post more evidences this night with a 25hc and lfr tsulong screens, but for now:
    http://i.imgur.com/zvnbWjK.jpg?1

This is with all eyecandy stuff on and 8x multisampling running a 2500k@4,7ghz plus overclocked 660ti.
    That's complerely irrelevant. How much damage or healing is done only affects bandwidth usage. Your FPS drops occur due to a faulty AddOn, most likely.