Thread: Stat Priorities

Stat Priorities

Hi everyone, I'm a fairly new hunter so what I would like to find out more is, what are the stat priorities for each of the hunter specs? This is cuz I have been looking around and guides tell me that Haste>Mastery for some specs while others tell me it's Mastery>Haste, so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

Agility > Expertise (7.5%) >= Ranged Hit (7.5%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery

This is for Survival. (5.2 ready!)

Int to increase arcane shot damage

Infracted
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-03-04 at 12:56 PM.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by heinevilla View Post
    Agility > Expertise (7.5%) >= Ranged Hit (7.5%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery

This is for Survival. (5.2 ready!)
    Correction. Crit>Mastery>Haste. Mastery is already stronger than haste right now (it's overvalued in sims due to shot-shifting), and with our explosive shot and BA getting a 10% buff, mastery becomes even STRONGER, with haste gaining next to nothing.

Deleted
    bm and sv ---> agi > hit = exp > crit > mastery > haste

mm ---> agi > hit = exp > crit > haste > mastery

obviously hit and exp until cap
    Last edited by mmoce055c946cb; 2013-03-04 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    bm and sv ---> agi > hit = exp > crit > mastery > haste

mm ---> agi > hit = exp > crit > haste > mastery

obviously hit and exp until cap
    Can someone confirm that's true for 5.2?
    Last edited by rinleezwins; 2013-03-04 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Can someone confirm that's true for 5.2?
    Don't know anything about MM statweights, and don't plan on playing it unless it becomes more powerfull than the other two.
    For BM, nothing is changed (no buffs/nerfs), so current statweights should still apply.
    For Surv, our elemental damage is getting a buff, so mastery becomes worth more. If there was ever any doubt between mastery and haste, it should be clear that mastery is stronger now with the buff.

Deleted
    Dracdraco u plan to play SV on all boss ? (5.2) or u will still play BM for patchwerk style bosses?!

And about stats weights, crit: 1.6 mastery: 130 haste: 120 this looks good?

thank you
    Last edited by mmoca430de6a64; 2013-03-04 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalicqt View Post
    Dracdraco u plan to play SV on all boss ? (5.2) or u will still play BM for patchwerk style bosses?!

thank you
    General stat priority is crit > mastery > haste and for some reason in FD haste isn't making that much of a difference for MM for some reason. The thing is if you reforge for haste you will be messing up your BM/SV reforges.

SV on most bosses afaik and BM on just a few.

Take out the 0 then put a decimal between the 13 and 12 to 1.3 and 1.2. Cause if you have haste and mastery that high it will prioritize it over crit.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-04 at 04:48 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalicqt View Post

thank you
    With how close BM and SV looks to be, I'll probably be SV for everything unless the enrage timer is tight, but we have some really top-end DPS in my guild, so doubt it'll be a big concern, as the difference between my BM and SV play will probably be less than 1-2%.

Also, funny observation - I was looking at our recent sha of fear kill, and compared my serpent sting to our boomkin's dots.
    Results as follow -
    My average SS hit - 37.5K
    Adding the initial ISS on top, each sting tick is an average of ~40K damage.
    His average Sunfire hit - 20K.
    His average moonfire hit - 19.7K.
    So basicly, he needs 2 globals to apply the same damage we do with one (or do boomkins get 6 ticks due to haste scaling? Then it'd be 10% more). Boomkins are reliant on being in an eclipse state when they dot up, we're reliant on having focus - but we have the advantage of being able to dot up an infinite amount of targets as long as they're close together.

I know boomkins have starsurge crits and starfall going for them in the whole cleave department too, but it's actually quite pleasing - we're more than allright at multidotting, we're *almost* as strong as boomkins.

Deleted
    Yes it was a miss thanks ! which bosses will u go on BM?

ill prob rock BM for Jin'Rohk (last time i tested, pets got fluidity buff), Megarea, Iron Qon, Twins, and maybe Animus depending on our strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    ill prob rock BM for Jin'Rohk (last time i tested, pets got fluidity buff), Megarea, Iron Qon, Twins, and maybe Animus depending on our strat.
    I'm going to have to be SV for iron qon because of the troll racial for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    With how close BM and SV looks to be, I'll probably be SV for everything unless the enrage timer is tight, but we have some really top-end DPS in my guild, so doubt it'll be a big concern, as the difference between my BM and SV play will probably be less than 1-2%.

Also, funny observation - I was looking at our recent sha of fear kill, and compared my serpent sting to our boomkin's dots.
    Results as follow -
    My average SS hit - 37.5K
    Adding the initial ISS on top, each sting tick is an average of ~40K damage.
    His average Sunfire hit - 20K.
    His average moonfire hit - 19.7K.
    So basicly, he needs 2 globals to apply the same damage we do with one (or do boomkins get 6 ticks due to haste scaling? Then it'd be 10% more). Boomkins are reliant on being in an eclipse state when they dot up, we're reliant on having focus - but we have the advantage of being able to dot up an infinite amount of targets as long as they're close together.

I know boomkins have starsurge crits and starfall going for them in the whole cleave department too, but it's actually quite pleasing - we're more than allright at multidotting, we're *almost* as strong as boomkins.
    Keep in mind that the avg is skewed a bit since at either eclipse, only one dot is buffed. The other isn't. And if we're talking about 'infinite' targets lol or well a lot if you will, then obv we're stronger due to no target cap. But if we're talking 8 or so mobs, hurricane still does a decent amount of dmg. But yea it's infinitely easier for SV to aoe. But if we're talking two targets (multi dotting), all we're getting is extra damage, and some focus. Plus, our srs is unaffected by haste. Theirs are. So at certain points, their dots will do a lot more damage. And as you mentioned starfall and SS procs. Where SS procs being the brunt of the dmg. It more than makes up for dot damage per tick. I think you might be underestimated starfall and SS lol. Refer to stone guards, WotE raid bots for an idea.

But generally speaking though yea we aren't horrible at multi dotting, only as SV. But still, no where near boomkins. With higher targets the gap shortens for sure.
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-03-04 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    I'm afraid the valor of haste will sky rocket thanks to the RPPM set bonuses and trinkets, at least standing to FD - and I'm not talking about its mere stat scaling calculations.
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-03-05 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I'm afraid the valor of haste will sky rocket thanks to the RPPM set bonuses and trinkets, at least standing to FD - and I'm not talking about its mere stat scaling calculations.
    The value of haste has not increased, nor decreased due to the changes. All RPPM are just worth less because we "lost" 10% haste on the proc.

And Saoran, yes, that's the point of his moonfire/sunfire hitting for an AVERAGE of 20k per - that means that half the time moonfire's doing 15K per tick, other half 25K (eclipsed/non eclipsed), and same for sunfire.

Deleted
    The value of haste has not increased, nor decreased due to the changes. All RPPM are just worth less because we "lost" 10% haste on the proc.
    I'm confused, I thought that was the reason why FD was showing higher results when going all-haste.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I'm confused, I thought that was the reason why FD was showing higher results when going all-haste.
    Wat. When has there been any talk about that. For the last time, haste is overvalued due to shot shifting <_<. But the relative worth of it hasn't changed with the PPM, as all you LOST is a static 10% haste on the RPPM', so unless they also had diminishing returns added from the static buff, then there's no reason that anything could change.

And Saoran, yes, that's the point of his moonfire/sunfire hitting for an AVERAGE of 20k per - that means that half the time moonfire's doing 15K per tick, other half 25K (eclipsed/non eclipsed), and same for sunfire.
    Yeah and MM takes a higher hit since steady focus gives ranged attack speed according to the tooltip.