Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulanjin View Post
    btw people, dont wanna be harsh, but this tread is not realy for people who havent killed 16/16n or 16/16hc, because you will probaply never do it anyways so, please dont come talk about buggs this glitchess that.
    I missed the elitist douchbags only in the OP

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-04 at 07:18 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't just push back HotS a couple weeks, a while back. It's not a low key game but I really doubt the general SC2 populace actually cares that much if it's a bit late.
    Pushing back release of an entirely new title vs delaying patch a bit. Just think about it for a moment.

On Feb 11 they announced they were shooting for 2/26. On 2/12 they announced that the prior announcement was incorrect and further that 5.2 would drop two weeks following the PVP: End of Season announcement blog. The PVP: End of Season announcement blog was delivered on 2/19 (13 days ago) making tomorrow the 2 week mark following the announcement.

Just saying, "Huge Leak" is a bit of an exaggeration. They haven't been hiding it, they've just know from experience not to trumpet patch releases too loudly in case they end up needing to delay them, which inevitably results in "QQ...but GC promised me a (insert thing you want here)"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, if they do end up releasing it, the first week of raiding is going to be hilarious. Those bosses are so, sooooooo bugged out on the PTR.
    No they aren't. Primordius' bug can be fixed quicky, so can Durumu's. Everything else worked perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    All the people bitching about bugs in encounters. Have any of you rejects watched any of the 25 heroic testing last week? I watched every single boss that Midwinter streamed and there was hardly any bugs at all. Mostly tuning issues which are a lever they can slide back and forth. Do you think the normal modes from 2-5 weeks ago have not been fixed internally yet? How fucking stupid are some of you people, my god.

[Infracted]
    Nope, didn't watch streams because I was actually testing the bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I'm i think your outta the loop they have done alot of Raid testing including 25 Man Normal & Herioc.
    One round of each. The only exception was Ji-Kun, which they had to test twice because it was so broken the first time around that it was pointless to test it. BTW, some of the same things are still bugged, just not as consistently as the first time around.

Just because it feels rush to you, doesn't mean its actually rushed they been working on 5.2 for along time since before 5.1. As they were working on 5.1 & 5.2 together.
    Pretty sure I said "the whole thing feels rushed to me." Implying that this was my perception. You are entitled to your perception, as well, but you have no more idea of how long the devs have been working on this patch than I do. And you also fail to consider exactly how many bosses they're trying to release with the patch itself.

They wanted to bring out content faster & they have.
    I'm unsure of what this has to do with what I'm saying, but um...yes! That's exactly what they said.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Nope, didn't watch streams because I was actually testing the bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 02:24 AM ----------

One round of each. The only exception was Ji-Kun, which they had to test twice because it was so broken the first time around that it was pointless to test it. BTW, some of the same things are still bugged, just not as consistently as the first time around.

Pretty sure I said "the whole thing feels rushed to me." Implying that this was my perception. You are entitled to your perception, as well, but you have no more idea of how long the devs have been working on this patch than I do. And you also fail to consider exactly how many bosses they're trying to release with the patch itself.

I'm unsure of what this has to do with what I'm saying, but um...yes! That's exactly what they said.
    i doubt it because they were not that bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    No they aren't. Primordius' bug can be fixed quicky, so can Durumu's. Everything else worked perfectly.
    Dark Animus had bugs that need fixing, the feathers on Ji-Kun were still behaving inconsistently during the second test, there are spell effect issues (things being bigger than they appear, spell effects that are too dark/too close to the textures already in the room to be seen), there are issues with hunter pets that have persisted, there are bugs with the classes (for instance, Crit is not interacting with Evangelism/Atonement correctly on the PTR).

Everything else didn't work perfectly, btw. Even the the bugs on Primordius were inconsistent. Some groups experienced no such issues, others had a lot of trouble with glitches.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    i doubt it because they were not that bugged.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

You're entitled to believe I wasn't testing the bosses. That's fine.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about Raid bugs, but I reported nearly 50 different bugs around the Isle of Thunder and with Pet Battles.

All of them except 2 have been fixed for over two weeks. I have not found another single bug out in the Isle.

This patch was MUCH better polished than Patch 5.0.4 or 5.1 in terms of non-raid content. Patch 5.1 was absolutely awful - literally twenty+ bugs impacting gameplay in the first three hours.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Not sure about Raid bugs, but I reported nearly 50 different bugs around the Isle of Thunder and with Pet Battles.

All of them except 2 have been fixed for over two weeks. I have not found another single bug out in the Isle.

This patch was MUCH better polished than Patch 5.0.4 or 5.1 in terms of non-raid content. Patch 5.1 was absolutely awful - literally twenty+ bugs impacting gameplay in the first three hours.
    And see, I didn't encounter any bugs with 5.0.4 or 5.1 personally (and none of the bugs I'd seen on the Beta).

I've seen a lot of bugs on the PTR get fixed, but I've seen a lot of them not get fixed, and sometimes the "fix" ended up breaking something else.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for raid bugs in 5.2, but there are some bugs in 5.0.4 that are still not fixed, so I'm not surprised at all.

The Ambershaper encounter's constructs gain player passives - Warlocks have stupidly high HP pools if they eat the slime once to extent their duration slightly, Priests have their 30% absorb trigger (forcing them our of that talent), etc. They managed to get it right for Flame Leviathan but couldn't get it right for Ambershaper? Really?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I can't speak for raid bugs in 5.2, but there are some bugs in 5.0.4 that are still not fixed, so I'm not surprised at all.

The Ambershaper encounter's constructs gain player passives - Warlocks have stupidly high HP pools if they eat the slime once to extent their duration slightly, Priests have their 30% absorb trigger (forcing them our of that talent), etc. They managed to get it right for Flame Leviathan but couldn't get it right for Ambershaper? Really?
    The constructs also gain the armor bonus for tanks, etc. I never really considered it a "bug" per se (probably because I never really thought about it - we just handled it as another aspect of the fight, and we never had a Warlock). But I see what you're saying about the encounter. Also, how long was Zor'lok bugged on heroic? He's still bugged quite a bit, according to some friends who were just recently working on him. They kept having to reset the instance over and over. And the week they changed the graphics for Attenuation was horrible. lol. I still don't know why they added the extra sparkles, etc. They are just distracting.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Ah crap. Too late to upgrade my Priests' weapon to 2/2! It's only 1/2 now Q_Q

Anyone know if the item upgrade NPCs will be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

/10 chars
    Alright thanks!
    Last edited by corebit; 2013-03-04 at 09:00 AM.

The constructs also gain the armor bonus for tanks, etc. I never really considered it a "bug" per se (probably because I never really thought about it - we just handled it as another aspect of the fight, and we never had a Warlock). But I see what you're saying about the encounter. Also, how long was Zor'lok bugged on heroic? He's still bugged quite a bit, according to some friends who were just recently working on him. They kept having to reset the instance over and over. And the week they changed the graphics for Attenuation was horrible. lol. I still don't know why they added the extra sparkles, etc. They are just distracting.
    Yeah, sometimes he just casts song of the empress and you can't do anything but reset it. AND I've heard of MCed priests somehow healing him for an insane amount of HP too iirc.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Ah crap. Too late to upgrade my Priests' weapon to 2/2! It's only 1/2 now Q_Q

/10 chars

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't just push back HotS a couple weeks, a while back. It's not a low key game but I really doubt the general SC2 populace actually cares that much if it's a bit late.
    Are you serious? Just because you don't care about or play Starcraft doesn't mean that other people think that way. Why should a totally different game get pushed back because of a WoW patch that has nothing to do with it? Please think before saying things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Personally I hope they won't be.

The item upgrade NPC should still be there tonight.

Upgrade those archeology rares while you can, they're still very nice for alts and work at level 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    The item upgrade NPC should still be there tonight.

Upgrade those archeology rares while you can, they're still very nice for alts and work at level 85.
    Didn't even think of this, need to go upgrade my polearm now then. Tis a shame i won't be able to upgrade the gun for a while though, seeing as my hunter is the next toon I want to level.

Deleted
    Dark Animus had bugs that need fixing, the feathers on Ji-Kun were still behaving inconsistently during the second test, there are spell effect issues (things being bigger than they appear, spell effects that are too dark/too close to the textures already in the room to be seen), there are issues with hunter pets that have persisted, there are bugs with the classes (for instance, Crit is not interacting with Evangelism/Atonement correctly on the PTR).

Everything else didn't work perfectly, btw. Even the the bugs on Primordius were inconsistent. Some groups experienced no such issues, others had a lot of trouble with glitches..
    Dark Animus worked fine? I think the tooltip damage values were inconsistent sure but it seemed fine. It was a fight which worked and we managed to kill it on normal and get a working tactic for heroic so I really don't think it was buggy. Matter Swap was a clever mechanic and the entire raid needing to deal with their own small anima golem was a pretty cool mechanic too. The feathers on Ji-khun for the final test worked fine too, you had to walk over them to get the buff and you could get 4 feathers per platform requiring you to have pretty beasty DPS - for a heroic that is fine, I think the DPS checks in normal were too easy. The globule absorption was a bit peculiar but that may be due to PTR lag, I think they'll make changes to the radius though to make absorbing them a little easier. The spell effects being smaller than the effect is nothing new so I'm not to worried about that, as a melee class I've no trouble with any of the 'stand in this and you'll die' mechanic. Hunter pathing issues and 'damage increase' issues such as those on Durumu, Megaera etc is a ligitimate concern I'll grant you that. In our tests Atonement seemed to work fine too.

I thought all of the fights were pretty well tuned, I am in particular looking forward to 3-4 healing Iron Qon/Twin Consorts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Dark Animus worked fine? I think the tooltip damage values were inconsistent sure but it seemed fine. It was a fight which worked and we managed to kill it on normal and get a working tactic for heroic so I really don't think it was buggy. Matter Swap was a clever mechanic and the entire raid needing to deal with their own small anima golem was a pretty cool mechanic too.
    You must have missed the issues with Crimson Wake. And the fact that you couldn't see half of the ground effects. And the smaller golems one-shotting clothies.

The feathers on Ji-khun for the final test worked fine too, you had to walk over them to get the buff and you could get 4 feathers per platform requiring you to have pretty beasty DPS - for a heroic that is fine, I think the DPS checks in normal were too easy. The globule absorption was a bit peculiar but that may be due to PTR lag, I think they'll make changes to the radius though to make absorbing them a little easier.
    They weren't consistently bugging, but (like the issues with Primordius) some groups had issues, and some groups did not. My groups didn't always encounter the bugs, but I heard a lot of complaints from friends testing at the same time.

The spell effects being smaller than the effect is nothing new so I'm not to worried about that, as a melee class I've no trouble with any of the 'stand in this and you'll die' mechanic.
    The issue that I saw specifically was the ice patches on Megeara Heroic. The problem is that they grow larger over 2 minutes, except the coloration of the ice patch is such that it's very difficult to ascertain where the "edge" of the effect is. I think it has to do with the texture of the floor in the room and the texture of the ice itself. It's probably not going to be a huge deal, but it's another case of me having to squint for the entire encounter to try to see anything. It's just plain annoying.

Hunter pathing issues and 'damage increase' issues such as those on Durumu, Megaera etc is a ligitimate concern I'll grant you that. In our tests Atonement seemed to work fine too.
    Test Atonement again. When you Crit on an Atonement strike, the actual healing isn't even as large as a normal Atonement heal (i.e. a non-Crit) AND the bubble it creates appears to be following the same formula. Also: Don't forget the LOS issues with Gnomes and Goblins, the ice wall LOS issues, the graphic on the floor that covers the safe paths, etc, on Durumu. Ours also bugged out and never rotated during ice wall phase, though I think that if we could have seen the ground we would have been able to defeat the encounter even with those bugs.

I thought all of the fights were pretty well tuned, I am in particular looking forward to 3-4 healing Iron Qon/Twin Consorts!
    Guildies reported that Twin Consorts heroic actually seemed undertuned compared to normal. I am actually looking forward to it, though.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama