Haste and mastery have always scaled synergistically, though. Stacking mastery was the biggest misconception of T14. This goes to GoSac scaling as well.

I get what you mean though and I completely agree. They need to make mastery affect pets somehow like increasing damage on their special abilities. GC replied to someone asking for this and he just made it sound like they have bigger concerns to take care of. I guess someone needs to tell him that letting our pets as Affli/Destro benefit from mastery would solve the gearscaling benefits of GoSac that will keep make it dominant talent choice at the end of tiers (or even earlier).

Yeah, I don't mean in terms of Haste vs Mastery, I just mean the amount Mastery benefits GoSac versus the amount it benefits GoSup/GoServ.

As an aside, just wondering if anyone knows the potential amount of DPS lost from trying to keep gear viable for Demo as OS. Going red gems, 4717 Haste and then Mastery. I don't mean in terms of an absolute numbers, just a feeling? Like, a significant loss? I'm just worrying some about starting 5.2 progression trying to keep both specs ready to go without having to reforge/regem a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Yeah, I don't mean in terms of Haste vs Mastery, I just mean the amount Mastery benefits GoSac versus the amount it benefits GoSup/GoServ.

As an aside, just wondering if anyone knows the potential amount of DPS lost from trying to keep gear viable for Demo as OS. Going red gems, 4717 Haste and then Mastery. I don't mean in terms of an absolute numbers, just a feeling? Like, a significant loss? I'm just worrying some about starting 5.2 progression trying to keep both specs ready to go without having to reforge/regem a lot.
    Going from bad reforge to good = 1% dps increase ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Going from bad reforge to good = 1% dps increase ish.
    In my gear, I went from an Affliction reforge to a Demo one, and Demo only won like 0.3% for me. My guess is running with a Mastery gemmed Affliction reforge will get you very decent results in Demo still. You'll need to sim it to be sure if it works for your situation though.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    In my gear, I went from an Affliction reforge to a Demo one, and Demo only won like 0.3% for me. My guess is running with a Mastery gemmed Affliction reforge will get you very decent results in Demo still. You'll need to sim it to be sure if it works for your situation though.
    It obviously depends on things like buffs you get on an encounter and number of targets, and how bad your reforge actually is (like full on crit for aff for whatever reason) but secondary stats matter so little these days and yet we see tons of threads discussing it and people worrying about it.

I'm playing around with Affdots, and, while it seems like a great tool, I'm concerned about how much time I would spend recasting dots while haunt is up. I'd guess my haunt uptime is around 80% which means that I'm not spending a lot of time without haunt but that the haunt time lost is not trivial. Should I just keep channeling MG if haunt is up and use it to make decisions before I cast haunt or after haunt expires?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I'd guess my haunt uptime is around 80%

I think you're over estimating this pretty severely. I remember reading a post that its around 64% in T15 gear. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I think you're over estimating this pretty severely. I remember reading a post that its around 64% in T15 gear. I could be wrong though.
    Maybe I should have phrase it as 'the time when haunt is affecting my behavior'. My point is there doesn't seem to be a ton of time where I have nothing better to do than recast dots. If someone says 'feel free to recast UA in the middle of a haunt', well, that's what'll have to do, but that's gone against what I've understood up to this point.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    hey guys, i have a question about trinket procs and dark soul..
    how much of a dps gain is dark soul? i have been in the situation a few times: the dark soul buff is just about to fall off so i recast all my dots, a few seconds later both trinkets 'light of the cosmos' and 'Yulon' procc which gives me a lot of interlect, the question is, which is the stronger buff? dark soul or the proc of both trinkets?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    hey guys, i have a question about trinket procs and dark soul..
    how much of a dps gain is dark soul? i have been in the situation a few times: the dark soul buff is just about to fall off so i recast all my dots, a few seconds later both trinkets 'light of the cosmos' and 'Yulon' procc which gives me a lot of interlect, the question is, which is the stronger buff? dark soul or the proc of both trinkets?
    get Affdots, ?, profit

Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    get Affdots, ?, profit
    It's not that simple. Trinket procs will buff your dots and make them stronger than DS alone, but you also get faster MG ticks during DS as well as some more normal ticks through the haste from DS. In other words, Affdots will probably tell you it's better to refresh dots during the trinket procs but it doesn't tell you if you should invest a soul shard into it.

I'd suggest reading Rustjive's blog post regarding the value of a soul shard to get a better understanding of the matter. http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/201...-a-soul-shard/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    get Affdots, ?, profit
    To my knowledge, Affdots, while effing awesome, will only show you the dps of your dots. It doesn't take into consideration the dmg you will do with MG/DS.

which weapon will be BiS for affliction in ToT?
    i hope its staff,cos i hate how most swords\daggers look like,but im not sure.And yes,im mix\max person.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    just wanna check before i buy it, the 522 rep trinket is very good right? worth spending my valour on asap?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    just wanna check before i buy it, the 522 rep trinket is very good right? worth spending my valour on asap?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rchases-of-5-2

Thread right on the front page about what to buy first with valor. Also depends on what's your biggest upgrade at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    which weapon will be BiS for affliction in ToT?
    i hope its staff,cos i hate how most swords\daggers look like,but im not sure.And yes,im mix\max person.
    Athame + Lei shen offhand vs the twins staff had the mh/of winning as usual, but only on the int level.

IIRC, after reforging, it came to 200 int / 400~ crit on the mh/oh vs 200 mastery / 60 haste on the staff.

so from what i read around forums gosup affliction w/ observer is still similar/top dps in t14 bis sims? then in t15bis gosac becomes good again? if the first question is true, has stats changed(currently mastery stack with haste breakpoint) with gosup?

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    so from what i read around forums gosup affliction w/ observer is still similar/top dps in t14 bis sims? then in t15bis gosac becomes good again? if the first question is true, has stats changed(currently mastery stack with haste breakpoint) with gosup?
    at my current gear level gosup and gosac are simming within 150 dps of each other on ptr, have 7162 haste and 8159 mastery

i havnt attempted to go haste heavy and see if that would pull gosup that much farther ahead though. just going to run gosac for the first night until more info is out there

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - a great trinket for affliction?

I was reading some changes that GC posted the 4th of March, and I noticed that he mentioned that Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault has a 45 sec ICD. How good does that trinket become for affliction? My thought was that if you refresh your dots as the proc is about to expire, you will have a set of 9k extra-hasted dots for 20 seconds (taking pandemic into account), leaving only 15 sec left on the ICD as the dots area about to expire.
    GC also mentioned that it has a 15% proc chance upon landing a harmful spell. Will the act of spamming malefic grasp on GCD help out in proccing it faster (as it isn't a dps loss anyways due to how channeling spells work)?
    Last edited by Nuud; 2013-03-05 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuud View Post
    I was reading some changes that GC posted the 4th of March, and I noticed that he mentioned that Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault has a 45 sec ICD. How good does that trinket become for affliction? My thought was that if you refresh your dots as the proc is about to expire, you will have a set of 9k extra-hasted dots for 20 seconds (taking pandemic into account), leaving only 15 sec left on the ICD as the dots area about to expire.
    GC also mentioned that it has a 15% proc chance upon landing a harmful spell. Will the act of spamming malefic grasp on GCD help out in proccing it faster (as it isn't a dps loss anyways due to how channeling spells work)?
    Pretty sure every tick of MG counts as an event for this anyway. Think it had something to do with Spriests moaning a long time ago about Mind Flay.