Deleted

Shek-zeer heroic: Sonic Blade on tanks?

Hi guys,
    Have killed empress heroic a couple times now but last night we struggled big time with it. Our windblade tank was getting killed by sonic blade (200-250k per hit) and at least on one occasion, got hit by 3x sonic blades at once. Does anyone know why this might happen?

This is on 10 man heroic.

We thought it might have something to do with a rogue vanishing the fixate and then it sonic bladed the tank? Does anyone know what else might cause sonic blade on the windblade tank?

Second question: why would she get hit 3x in a row (like within 0.5s) if there are only 1, max 2 fixates at a time?

Thanks for any clarification.

Might be because you stun them at the same time and then they attack at the same second when they are released from it.

Deleted
    Well, my question is mainly around why are tanks getting hit by sonic blades (and three at a time). We've killed it a few times so are generally pretty good about stuns: no dragon's roar, shockwave, shadowfury, blinding light, juggernaught, remorseless winter, etc.

Here are our logs from last night if anyone feels like looking:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fkjmkdgeo6vvr89o/

Deleted
    Sonicblade is just an ability, they use it on their current target. When they aren't fixating this would be the tank.

Stuns allow cooldowns/melee swings to line up, so avoid using those.

Block tanks > non block tanks. I tank this as a protection warrior and on this fight (also 10 man heroic) i get shield barriers for over a million in absorbs.

On the pickup i do the following with what ever offtank i have;

- I run to one side and Dragon Roar the three there
    - I leap to the other side on 2 of the smaller adds (or all three if they are still stacked)
    - The offtank takes 1 small guy & the two big dudes
    - I shieldwall right when they start grouping up.

After the shieldwall end my barriers are high enough to keep me going.

DPS single targets down the Skull (one in my group), after that they change to X (the small add on the offtank). We then procede to kill one more in my group before we allow the first big add to get trapped and burn down the rest of the little adds. Biggest problem we found is that after my barrier runs out and i for some reason didnt put up a new barrier yet the damage would be rather spikey. So for healers my health would be;

100%
    100%
    100%
    100%
    20%
    Barrier active
    60%
    100%
    100%
    100%

and repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Block tanks > non block tanks. I tank this as a protection warrior and on this fight (also 10 man heroic) i get shield barriers for over a million in absorbs.
    This man speaks the truth. I generally never see my health pool move in phase2 unless i'm doing something stupid.
    http://i.imgur.com/audRhQE.jpg
    Pick them up with shieldwall, after that - bam, no damage taken. (And highest damage done!).
    I don't even think I took damage equal to my health pool in Phase2 this week.

As for the OP, I never stun the adds, seeing as they can't actually hit me, it's kinda pointless.
    Our other tank does stun adds/get his adds stunned for him and he occasionally gets wrecked by sonic blade.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-03-04 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

raxxed what cooldown timer is that on the left of your screen? been looking for a replacement for hermes. thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    raxxed what cooldown timer is that on the left of your screen? been looking for a replacement for hermes. thanks!
    Uhhh it's BLCD, but I doubt it's going to be possible to find it anywhere
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    This should be it I guess: https://github.com/MethyleneBL/BL_Cooldown (not my link, so no guarantees). I think you'll need to add a few spells manually though, but I doubt that's very challenging (definitely isn't for hermes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    This man speaks the truth. I generally never see my health pool move in phase2 unless i'm doing something stupid.
    http://i.imgur.com/audRhQE.jpg
    Pick them up with shieldwall, after that - bam, no damage taken. (And highest damage done!).
    I don't even think I took damage equal to my health pool in Phase2 this week.

As for the OP, I never stun the adds, seeing as they can't actually hit me, it's kinda pointless.
    Our other tank does stun adds/get his adds stunned for him and he occasionally gets wrecked by sonic blade.
    As a Guardian bear I cry a little every time we do this boss. My freaking god they hit so hard lol. I'm keeping up my Savage Defense and then just rotate through CD's, getting Life Cocoon, Pain Sup, Iron Bark and Barrier. Mostly I survive but if you stun them and then have to eat 4-5 Sonic Blades at the same time, I just go boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    As a Guardian bear I cry a little every time we do this boss. My freaking god they hit so hard lol. I'm keeping up my Savage Defense and then just rotate through CD's, getting Life Cocoon, Pain Sup, Iron Bark and Barrier. Mostly I survive but if you stun them and then have to eat 4-5 Sonic Blades at the same time, I just go boom.
    Yeah I can't see anything that would make Bears super strong on that fight lol
    Warriors - shield barrier
    Pally - Sacred shield
    DK - Huge deathstrikes -> Huge blood shields
    Bears/Monks.. can't think of anything lol ><
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Pally - Sacred shield
    I have all my CD's ready for the add phase. Incarnation and Nature's Vigil=Infinite Rage>Savage Defense + Frenzied. But at some point, I run out of steam and I can't keep up with Savage Defense charges. Then I have to spam heal myself and just desperately yell "Omg moar heals!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I have all my CD's ready for the add phase. Incarnation and Nature's Vigil=Infinite Rage>Savage Defense + Frenzied. But at some point, I run out of steam and I can't keep up with Savage Defense charges. Then I have to spam heal myself and just desperately yell "Omg moar heals!!!!"
    Sounds like me in P3 of heroic elite protectors, the screaming for heals/externals part.
    lol
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Sounds like me in P3 of heroic elite protectors, the screaming for heals/externals part.
    lol
    Don't get me started with that shit fight, that yet again favors Prot Paladins and their infinite interrupts and insanely OP self healing. On some kills, we've literally only survived cause of hybrids casting Tranq or Healing Tide for instance. But yeah, the best thing is, when you scream for heals and the healers then go "Relaaaax, I has you". And you're like "Dude I was at 25% HP, my heart almost stopped beating".

Deleted
    Pally - Sacred shield
    Trust me, us dks don't have a very good time with these adds either:/. Monks seem to be able to just roll away whenever their cds drop which is quite handy, ferals are indeed quite bad.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-05 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Trust me, us dks don't have a very good time with these adds either:/. Monks seem to be able to just roll away whenever their cds drop which is quite handy, ferals are indeed quite bad.
    Shield Barrier + high vengeance = god mode. Blood Shield doesn't even come close to Shield Barrier.