Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Changes not yet announced

From a recent blue post : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...g-broken-what/

"There are of course other changes but these are only the increases to Rets survivability. I think that is a pretty big list of buffs, and that's not including any additional changes that have been made but not announced just yet. So you can expect an increase to your survivability, damage and utility come patch 5.2, Rets are far from not getting any real changes."

So, out of morbid curiosity does anybody have any idea whatsoever what these so called unannounced changes are? Bit of inside info maybe?

Also I usually keep very upto date with WoW patch notes and as far as I know, they haven't kept anything bottled up like this, especially so close to a major patch, will it just be something minor or could it be an actual legitimate change that might make it not only fun (I love playing ret, hands and emancipate make my pants tight) but actually able to apply pressure outside of cooldowns? I mean don't get me wrong, going on a killing spree with your cooldowns every 2 minutes now will be a joy but outside of it I feel relegated to using my holy power to healing allies, might be nice to actually do more than tickle people with TV.

I'll hazard a guess that maybe a PvP set bonus or maybe gloves, will do something with Inquisition, maybe allowing it to be used at 0HP like the savage raw glyph, but that'd be more of a QoL change.

Anyway, discuss!

Will probably be outed with the rest of the official patch notes later today.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Please oh please tell me its a defensive cooldown change/buff.

More likely: some terrible buff/nerf tradeoff that nobody wanted/asked for, like Blinding Light now lasts for 8 sec (up from 6) but has a 2.5 sec cast time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they actually say anything to follow that up, considering patch lands within 12 hours? Lol.

I am really confused about this. The patch comes out in less than 24 hours and we haven't seen any more updates to Ret at all. Are they just going to make those changes when the patch comes out and not say anything about it? Kind of odd if you ask me, But I will take anything we get.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-03-05 at 07:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Did they actually say anything to follow that up, considering patch lands within 12 hours? Lol.
    I saw Chaud's post on the front page about unannounced changes I was like

"Hell yeah! Here we.... oh"

And then went back to other things realizing my hopes are too high. Rather be pleasantly surprised than let down.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I am really confused about this. The patch comes out in less than 24 hours and we haven't seen any more updates to Ret at all. Are they just going to make those changes when the patch comes out and not say anything about it? Kind of odd if you ask me, But I will take anything we get.
    I mean, I'm sure there will be changes announced when the patch actually goes live. As they say they are builds ahead of us, so I'm sure we'll end up seeing what they have "ahead of us" tomorrow (or later today rather) when the official patch notes go live, it's just weird to see such a big game of chicken being played.

Or perhaps they mean they'll toss it in in 5.2.1 . Who knows, once again I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than let down.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder what else they are changing. I wish they would let us know, but I won't complain about buffs. Especially since I'm off the hook for healer duty next season which means I could actually maybe play Ret.

Makes me wonder what else they are changing. I wish they would let us know, but I won't complain about buffs. Especially since I'm off the hook for healer duty next season which means I could actually maybe play Ret.
    You'll still be a healer just you can be either spec for it lol.

There is no possible, conceivable way it will be a nerf. To many things are wrong with ret to be a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    There is no possible, conceivable way it will be a nerf. To many things are wrong with ret to be a nerf.
    Nooo! You'll jinx us!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

And then went back to other things realizing my hopes are too high. Rather be pleasantly surprised than let down.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 07:12 AM ----------

I mean, I'm sure there will be changes announced when the patch actually goes live. As they say they are builds ahead of us, so I'm sure we'll end up seeing what they have "ahead of us" tomorrow (or later today rather) when the official patch notes go live, it's just weird to see such a big game of chicken being played.

Or perhaps they mean they'll toss it in in 5.2.1 . Who knows, once again I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than let down.
    It is true that they are usually a few build ahead of what we get on the Ptr. I just find it weird that they didn't mention anything about further buffs to Ret. I mean there was a post from Gc like 5 hours ago talking about more Dk and Shadow priest buffs.

Sadly...it will probably be a nerf anyway. lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It is true that they are usually a few build ahead of what we get on the Ptr. I just find it weird that they didn't mention anything about further buffs to Ret. I mean there was a post from Gc like 5 hours ago talking about more Dk and Shadow priest buffs.
    Maybe with the outrage from the Ret community they want to keep uso n the edge of our seats and it will be something big?!

Who am I kidding? =/

Maybe with the outrage from the Ret community they want to keep uso n the edge of our seats and it will be something big?!

Who am I kidding? =/
    I hope that is the case. Guess we will find out soon enough.

I dunno. Think the Blue is just misreading some internal build. It's already the day of patch and still nothing for us. I just looked at projected DPS on the forums And although it could be the sim being off, we're simmed as one of the lowest DPS specs for 5.2

http://localhostr.com/files/LS7YGPz/capture.png

Stay strong, pals. (Get it? Pals? Ermahgerd I'm so funny)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit! Now i have high hopes :/

Getting awful close. I think they won't mention anything just because the last time they did and tried (Seal of justice change) they reverted. Maybe they've more or less solved the problem, who knows, but I agree the sims are showing pretty damn low dps, might need a buff overall and I don't think the 5% on Sword of light was enough.

Gimme some sustained to go with my burst and i'll be happy, you know like the warrior? Great sustained, probably best burst with dragon roar and cooldowns.

Deleted
    Blizzard basically refined the existing ret paladin model in MOP. I don't expect to see any more significant changes until 5.4. Even then we probably won't see much.

Plate, bubble and healz!

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

Basically my exact process this morning at work. I remembered there was supposed to be an update per that blue post, and saw the link. WTF, DK/rog buffs? Trololol...

You. I like you. You must be new, or hopelessly optimistic though.

Off the hook for healer, but sadly would still be a better option as a denounce bot with moderate heals and useful CC than Ret in PVP. Or, if this is PVE related, just play a DK or rog like they clearly want any melee to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret has almost zero utility and lackluster cc. I can't see any viable reason to bring a Ret over any other melee for rated PvP, which is why I have quit playing this game. There is no balance between classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.