Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Now all that being said I am of the opinion that the "rise" of Lor'themar as a candidate is only there to distract from Saurfang being appointed warchief. The reasoning I use behind Saurfang is that 1) He specifically told Garrosh that he would take care of him himself if he took the orcs towards a dark path; 2) Reluctant leaders make excellent story material; 3) The orcs v. humans mythos would be continued

Thoughts?
    Saurfang isn't the only one that has threatened Garrosh. Vol'jin said he would personally shoot an arrow into Garrosh's "dark heart" (in fact, he said this to Garrosh himself in a vision of the past int eh Troll starting area). Jaina has threatened to take down Garrosh so hard his ancestors would be reeling. Varian has threatened to take down Garrosh as well. Everyone wants his head. Lor'themar's reasons for hating Garrosh are just new and well-written. However, his reasoning (as well as Varian, Jaina, and Vol'jin's) are all valid at this point. He decimated Theramore, tried to have Vol'jin killed off, nearly killed Anduin, and due to his spies many of Lor'themar's people died in the tension caused in Dalaran. One could argue that, yes, Jaina killed the Blood Elves, but, it was because of Garrosh that Jaina became so power-hungry and angry in the first place.

It was stated that Sylvanas would be integral to the ousting of Garrosh's corruption. Just a hunch, Sylvanas will come to Pandaria, point out his corruption, thus leading to the events of Siege of Orgrimmar. IF Lor'themar were to become Warchief, I would guess that Sylvanas would be the first to suggest that as well, perhaps to hold something over Lor'themar's head (as she has been known to do, like in his short story) or simply to show support to have a supporter in a group of spiritual people that she doesn't exactly belong with.

But, as far as I see it, any leader in the Horde is entitled to be a candidate for Warchief, whether they want Garrosh's head personally or not. Lor'themar is only getting new lore and a new voice actor for badassity's sake, and I wouldn't expect Blizzard to actually make him Warchief in the end...just an integral part of what is going to happen when we take Garrosh down.

The sylvanas stuff was scrapped.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The sylvanas stuff was scrapped.
    Do you have a source on that claim? There are still some leaders that have not even made an appearance on Pandaria yet so their stories could still continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Do you have a source on that claim? There are still some leaders that have not even made an appearance on Pandaria yet so their stories could still continue.
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/gam...source=twitter

In there somewhere is all I know.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't say Sylvanas was "scrapped," just that it's hard to choose where to put focus, as they want anything happening in-game to have both gameplay and to fit into the overarching plot.

To me, the vibe he gives off is that they want to develop her storyline in Lordaeron and Gilneas, preferably from a worgen point-of-view, without having to drag the story away from the Eastern Kingdoms and tie it all into the Pandaria storyline. That makes it difficult to justify dealing with that plotline right now, while the plot is focused on Pandaria.

There have been hints in these interviews that the plot in 5.3 and beyond will involve returning to Azeroth proper and seeing how the war is playing out for the rest of the world.

He's a Blood Elf leader, not a Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet it took Garrosh all of a few months to crack open a path to Azshara and log there, at the very least it would've been strategically more viable because you can freaking BOTTLENECK azshara.
    A big project like carving through the mountain can only happen after a base economy is established.

To build? You can do that with stone and adobe, and such, you didn't see American settlers or plains indians logging tons of trees, and we saw the Mag'har building clay buildings, they don't need MASSIVE amounts of lumber, they could get it from the Tauren (who carve giant totems anyway they've got lumber to spare and live just fine in tents seriously).
    They would need it for scaffolding on the big gate and the larger buildings.

In regards to the Tauren supplying it. Originally, it was the Bloodhoof clan that joined the Horde. They were nearly extinct and had no land.

Maybe they use it for food. It did somehow save Orgrimmar from famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A big project like carving through the mountain can only happen after a base economy is established.

They would need it for scaffolding on the big gate and the larger buildings.

In regards to the Tauren supplying it. Originally, it was the Bloodhoof clan that joined the Horde. They were nearly extinct and had no land.

Maybe they use it for food. It did somehow save Orgrimmar from famine.
    A big economy like the one that was in ruins after rebuilding org...?

Okay but in Vanilla we had Mulgore, and not just the Bloodhoof clan, this wasn't WC3.

So yeah, Blizz storytelling is bunk
    Twas brillig

Let me get this straight

If Theron is gonna be made warchief then silvermoon will have to become the capital of the horde because he aint gonna hang out in grommosh hold

At the end of the day we all know blizzard is just trolling and that thrall WILL regain his position as warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay but in Vanilla we had Mulgore, and not just the Bloodhoof clan, this wasn't WC3.

So yeah, Blizz storytelling is bunk
    Mulgore is mostly grasslands. Not exactly lumber country. Most of their buildings are tents. In regards to those massive totems that are larger than any of the trees that grow there: a wizard did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said before, Blood Elf as a warchief is against Horde concept as a savage,primal, barbarian faction. It has to be Orc,Troll or Tauren, hell i even prefer Thrall to wear back Orgrim Armor and become warchief again, but blood elf...it's just don't fit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    As i said before, Blood Elf as a warchief is against Horde concept as a savage,primal, barbarian faction. It has to be Orc,Troll or Tauren, hell i even prefer Thrall to wear back Orgrim Armor and become warchief again, but blood elf...it's just don't fit
    A shot of demon blood at the inauguration after-party and Lor'themar will be good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Let me get this straight

If Theron is gonna be made warchief then silvermoon will have to become the capital of the horde because he aint gonna hang out in grommosh hold

At the end of the day we all know blizzard is just trolling and that thrall WILL regain his position as warchief
    Pretty much this. If theron bacame new warchief, blizzard would need to revamp entire silvermoon city, not only the kael'thas statues in already used part but also rework the ruin part of it. That would require to rework eversong to fit current timeframe and that would require to rework ghostlands as well. And then they would need to give something for alliance players too. I simply can't see how would they want to redo 4 starting zones at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is anyone even trying to imagine a non-orc as warchief? Really, consider what your thinking for a moment. The head of the horde, the thing that started it all, the race that begun the horde, and the one that brought the concept of a warchief into the genre has, and always will be an orc.

On top of that, you are suggesting that the orcs will be lead by a non-orc character after the fall of Garrosh, seriously? Do you see any other race in warcraft that is lead by a none representation of there own race as its leader. Gnomes are lead by a gnome, undead are lead by an undead, worgen are lead by worgen, trolls are lead by a troll. What, you think blizzard are going to suddenly be controversial and make it that orcs are the ONLY race in wow that isn't lead by a racial leader who isn't one of there own?

And if lor'themar or any other faction leader in the horde did become the warchief, are you honestly suggesting that the character now has to be in command of the orcs, there own people and the horde in one go? Do you have any idea how contrived that sounds storywise? Do you think orcs will just bend over for an elf warchief, while he still tries to lead his own people.

Face reality please. Each Racial leader of each horde faction is focused on there own people and there own lands. Durotar is orcish land, orgirmmar is the orcish city, You cannot have a non-orc leading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why is anyone even trying to imagine a non-orc as warchief? Really, consider what your thinking for a moment. The head of the horde, the thing that started it all, the race that begun the horde, and the one that brought the concept of a warchief into the genre has, and always will be an orc.

On top of that, you are suggesting that the orcs will be lead by a non-orc character after the fall of Garrosh, seriously? Do you see any other race in warcraft that is lead by a none representation of there own race as its leader. Gnomes are lead by a gnome, undead are lead by an undead, worgen are lead by worgen, trolls are lead by a troll. What, you think blizzard are going to suddenly be controversial and make it that orcs are the ONLY race in wow that isn't lead by a racial leader who isn't one of there own?

And if lor'themar or any other faction leader in the horde did become the warchief, are you honestly suggesting that the character now has to be in command of the orcs, there own people and the horde in one go? Do you have any idea how contrived that sounds storywise? Do you think orcs will just bend over for an elf warchief, while he still tries to lead his own people.

Face reality please. Each Racial leader of each horde faction is focused on there own people and there own lands. Durotar is orcish land, orgirmmar is the orcish city, You cannot have a non-orc leading it.
    So why not have a separate leader for the orcs while the Horde is lead by someone from a different race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So why not have a separate leader for the orcs while the Horde is lead by someone from a different race?
    For the same reason humans are always the defacto main body of the alliance. For the same reason the alliance has always been spearheaded by one human commander or king or general. Thats how it works.

Orcs are the main body of the horde just as humans are the main body of the alliance, all the other races is just flavor-text

Not going to happen, dream on BE lovers...

10+ Year Old Account
    All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story.
    Who says it would be at the expense of the story? If anything after the stuff the orcs pulled while Garrosh was in charge, and being the ones that oppossed him the LEAST, I think it'd be hard to justify the rest of the Horde following an orc leader again.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to requote myself from the beginning of this thread

People are grasping at straws here because Blood Elf fanboyism runs rampant in MMO-C. Purge of Dalaran thread about Sunreavers being good or bad had over 100 pages, a thread about any other race would last a day at most.
    Now we're at the part where we all argue about BEs and treat them like a seperate faction.

All people here are saying is how they want there favorite face to be leading the horde. Theres no real common sense, its just people making excuses for wanting there fav horde race to be in charge. I can understand you want your favorite race to get some air time, but not at the expense of the story
    Now lets bask in the infinite wisdom of Trassk. Spot on with that comment.