Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Reason does not equal demand. There's lots of reasons to acquire money illegally IRL but most people don't do it on a significant level.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:52 AM ----------

Funny enough, this is the exact reason I pointed out for inefficiency since half your travel time is running backwards along your linear empty corridors.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:53 AM ----------

I wondered about that. They might just be using the random name generator though.

Obviously there are enough people for it to be considered at a significant level when people are reporting the exact same thing happening on many different servers. And it is also clearly efficient regardless of travel time moving back through the instance. If it wasn't, the botters wouldn't be using that instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find ANY on my realm. Outland EU horde. No bots here o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noxtura View Post
    Obviously there are enough people for it to be considered at a significant level when people are reporting the exact same thing happening on many different servers. And it is also clearly efficient regardless of travel time moving back through the instance. If it wasn't, the botters wouldn't be using that instance.
    Couldn't they be programmed to use hearthstone every 15-30min to get to the vendor as well? So it's not like they have to run back every single playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Can't find ANY on my realm. Outland EU horde. No bots here o.O
    Paradise!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if its for Netherweave cloth, I guess all the power to do them, Someone or something has to do the farming.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

damn, this topic really makes me want to bot!!
    I'll let my bot stand infront of shattered halls and camp bots xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Shattered halls is a gold mine, for botters especially after the massive gold drops nerf. Mobs in SH have a small chance of dropping uber rare recipes that sell for crazy amounts of gold, netherweave cloth and other tbc valuables, tons of gold drops and most importantly the instance has no casters, which makes it easy to clear with just a couple of pulls. No LOS'ing required, which bots are not that good at.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Shattered halls is a gold mine, for botters especially after the massive gold drops nerf. Mobs in SH have a small chance of dropping uber rare recipes that sell for crazy amounts of gold, netherweave cloth and other tbc valuables, tons of gold drops and most importantly the instance has no casters, which makes it easy to clear with just a couple of pulls. No LOS'ing required, which bots are not that good at.
    Actually, it does have casters. Not that many, but still.

And I'd think Hunter pets would take care of those anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkrus View Post
    What are they even farming lol ?
    It doesn't need to be something very special. Its bots remember. If they make like 50g an hour from vendoring stuff, and a guy has 10 of these bots. its 500g an hour, 500g x 24 hours = 12,000g a day doing absolutly nothing at all. After that you can add cloths that he can turn in bags or enchanting stuff, and other greens and make decent money off BC enchanting mats, also rare patterns and transmog epics, and all that jazz.

I'm using raw numbers just to make my point, its probably much more than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    nothing will come of reporting them as long as blizzard stands by their "we don't ban people that pay for subscription"
    I think my friend has been suspended at least 15 times now for botting but never banned.

I can see it now, WoW in 2023, everything is a bot automatically interacting with each other and nobody real plays the game.
    Funny. I have two guild members, one which I know in real life, who were banned for Archy botting. No chance to appeal, perma banned. So I call bullshit.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    It doesn't need to be something very special. Its bots remember. If they make like 50g an hour from vendoring stuff, and a guy has 10 of these bots. its 500g an hour, 500g x 24 hours = 12,000g a day doing absolutly nothing at all. After that you can add cloths that he can turn in bags or enchanting stuff, and other greens and make decent money off BC enchanting mats, also rare patterns and transmog epics, and all that jazz.

I'm using raw numbers just to make my point, its probably much more than that.
    I used to make 100-200g a clear just vendoring greens and creating bandages and selling them. That was before the boss gold was normalized so its slightly lower now but weapons would sell for 10-20g.

That was one of my fun places when going for the 100,000g drops when my raids were done. You can pull 1/2 the zone and aoe it down.

One of my good friends bots but he doesn't farm in places like this, he does it less conspicuously and Blizzard can't detect the newer bots anyways and they have to monitor that "bot" for quite some time before they can make any decision on it. If you bot and you are by your computer it is pretty easy to respond if lets say a GM msg's you or anyone for that matter, Blizzard can't really do anything sadly.

Just wanted to point out /who shattered brings up 0 people this night

Quote Originally Posted by reikoshea View Post
    I had a very enjoyable evening killing the weapon merchant at falcon watch. Twas amusing to see the bots all freaking out for the better part of 2 hours.
    lol full of win

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Funny. I have two guild members, one which I know in real life, who were banned for Archy botting. No chance to appeal, perma banned. So I call bullshit.
    Yeah, I've never heard of a temporary ban for people caught using automation software.

People get banned for doing questionably bot-like things like intensively farming certain areas without a break for hours, but Blizzard is fine with that if you are actually a human and will reactivate your account without much fuss.

But if you get caught by Warden running botware or are doing some 100% obvious bot thing, you are permabanned and that's that.

brb botting Shattered Halls

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be cloth, gold, or BoEs

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Looks as though they're all SoR toons, at least all the ones on my server, so they never had to level.
    That or they're just basic "vanilla" accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That or they're just basic "vanilla" accounts.
    SoR toon will show mass "Explore YadaZone" achievements and will also have
    Grand Master Medic achievement all in the same day. Every single on on my server
    had those exact achievements so I stand by my call that they're SoR toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Just wanted to point out /who shattered brings up 0 people this night
    Same here. 3 realms, not a single bot in one. Maybe blizz figured it out.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And on US-Proudemore.

This would not bother me except that they are taking all the cool names!
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    This would not bother me except that they are taking all the cool names!
    Cojulfalfogh, Savior of Azeroth. Aye, their names have true potential!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

the green drops from all BC dungeons have a high drop for the transmog sets, such as boneshredder set etc etc. and if your realm is anything like mine they sell for about 300g a piece, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by dezmon View Post
    the green drops from all BC dungeons have a high drop for the transmog sets, such as boneshredder set etc etc. and if your realm is anything like mine they sell for about 300g a piece, or more.
    The bots don't AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    just read the first page and not any further. would imagine someone's mentioned that heroic shattered halls gives a couple primals per run. If blizzard changes that because of some bots imma be pissed.