Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Last minute buff

- Might of the Frozen Wastes includes melee damage by 20%, up from 15%.
    - Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 25%.
    - Threat of Thassarian now increases Frost Strike damage by 50%, up from 40%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...93861?page=114
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Neat. I guess frost fell behind unholy at some point in their testing.

There's got to be a bunch of fights somewhere in T15 where unholy just kicks butt.

Not unlikely, they did just do 25h testing, and Unholy always has scaled well in any environment where high-end gear and the ability to stay on target was possibly.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

On the contrary, frost has scaled better for the past two expansions, since it benefits so much more from weapon damage. Unholy gets more out of strength, but that doesn't compensate for its lack of weapon damage, lack of burst, rampup, and poor mechanics. Admittedly, those things are improved in 5.2, but not by any means fixed.

Unholy performs well with large numbers of high-health adds and fights where the execute phase is important. There must be a bunch of those in T15 heroic modes.

Theres no way Unholy was so far ahead. Were talking huge buffs for frost atm.

I honestly was attributing it more to Unholy and 25s, where it's fairly endemic to just let your unholy DK sit on the boss while the 14 other DPS did all the mechanical switching.

Not saying it's a GOOD thing, but I know a lot of guilds where it's happened.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Those are some crazy buffs, can't just be the lose of set bonus. Btw anybody know why unholy has a <1 modifier for the gem? Does improved unholy p. count as true haste ?
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Unholy wasn't and isn't ahead. DK's of all specs were behind everyone except Ret, but a buff to only frost makes no sense at all. 2H frost is now 5k ahead of unholy, is more forgiving, comes with easier/free aoe, better burst aoe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    DK's of all specs were behind everyone except Ret
    I'm hearing this a lot but I haven't seen any evidence apart from the sims where dw frost is mysteriously low.

I'm a decent player and I'm raiding with decent players, in all the time I've spent on live and on the ptr as dw frost I've felt like I messed up if I was only middle of the pack because I know I can do better on most encounters.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the sim, unless someone has more credible data.

Deleted
    In 5.2 we'll get alot cleave fights so we can't look at patchwerk nomovement simulations. DW will be in good place i think.

I honestly have no clue what the hell they are thinking with those frost buffs all the time. Give some damn love to UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I honestly have no clue what the hell they are thinking with those frost buffs all the time. Give some damn love to UH.
    I was thinking exactly the same... why on earth they buff frost while its doing more dps than unholy anyway :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see some Unholy love, but I think Blizzard are afraid of buffing Unholy since every time they try to make it on-par with Frost, it pulls ahead.

they should make Threat of Thassarian increase Plague Strike damage as well as Frost Strike

lol this "clutch" DK buff is one of the better news this morning but why didn't they just bring back the Scourge Strike buff again like they did Frost buffs?

ToT buff is unexpected also... With a buff to HB and now FS looks like Blizz is ok with Masterfrost. Won't even feel the loss of T14 2pc now...

Ill be pissed if people prefer frost over unholy(again)... especially in pve, (rbgs is an exception, frost has major burst).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'm hearing this a lot but I haven't seen any evidence apart from the sims where dw frost is mysteriously low.

I'm a decent player and I'm raiding with decent players, in all the time I've spent on live and on the ptr as dw frost I've felt like I messed up if I was only middle of the pack because I know I can do better on most encounters.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the sim, unless someone has more credible data.
    It was with T15heroic gear as well, so maybe the scaling just fell off with all classes in their final gearset.

The only thing that isn't adjusted yet in the DK sim is a priority for Soul Reaper and Killing Machine (if one will even exist), otherwise all our changes are just numbers based, not hard to model correctly to be honest.

Even with whatever our item levels were getting scaled to for heroic testing I never really struggled to perform.

Maybe other classes just gain more from the new trinkets and meta than we do.

Even in current gear, 2H-Frost - 125k, Unholy - 117k (Festerblight and traditional are almost exactly equal).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    they should make Threat of Thassarian increase Plague Strike damage as well as Frost Strike
    please stop. dw frost is fine.

They need to buff unholy. I want to play unholy again dammit.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-03-05 at 03:07 PM.