Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    >playing wow
    >berating op for only wanting to see a single aspect of it
    good joke

and lets not forget your circlejerk keeps this thread afloat -gg

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Why would anyone do that? There wasn't a LFR like 2 years ago and most of the people didn't see content at all! But now when they're able to see it but they have to wait like 2 weeks they rage quit. WOW COMMUNITY IS RETARDED!
    Pretty much the best way to summarize this. Also proof of how unpleasable some players really are. I'm not sure if it's an "always demand more" mentality or "players versus company" mentality in which each new feature is considered some sort of "victory" that emboldens these players with new demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Blizzard keeps catering to the elitists, LFR saved WoW in Cataclysm, but apparently that wasnt enough to take LFR raiders seriously.
    Lmfao. "LFR raiders" is actually a term now? Oh dear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Do NOT sub today.

You will not see the ending until April 16.

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/878...edule-3_4_2013
    so you want to see "end" first week and what next? - unsub beciase of berodom?
    There's much more to 5.2 then just raid. Casuals who raid lfr will be happy they don't need to kill 12 bosses a week.

Blizzard keeps catering to the elitists, LFR saved WoW in Cataclysm, but apparently that wasnt enough to take LFR raiders seriously.

Just when I thought I've heard it all....

0/10

LFR saved raiding about as much as war games have saved pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    LFR isn't raiding, it's a free loot piñata. I'm sorry to bring this to you but if you can't wait one week for LFR to open then you probably shouldn't stay subbed. Also normal mode raiders don't get to see all the bosses on day one of the patch either. Welcome to real raiding.
    The problem is not waiting one week. The problem is the last two wings not opening at the same rate than the first two.

They should open one wing per week.

Also, LFR is raiding, sorry to be the one telling you this news...

Do NOT sub today.

?

Do not sub till 2025.

You will not see the ending of wow till then

Do NOT sub today.

Actually, you better sub today so you can get your iLVL up enough to get into the new LFR when it opens....

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    If all you do is sub to see raid content, and LFR especially, then you are wasting your money on any MMO for what it's worth. There is so much more coming with 5.2 than just 12 bosses in a raid.
    everyone suddenly loves dailies

I fought Garalon the first night it was open in LFR. I'm still waiting for my FoS.

(Translation: I'm ok with delaying the later/harder fights)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    there is still a pvp season new storyline and gearing to do in the old content who cares if lfr comes in parts. LFr is not actual raiding more a mode for learning raiding or a way to see content and have fun.

So MMO has degraded into a "BASH the OP"-community?

Whats up with the mods? Beeing on page 2 already and not having seen a single constructive post.
    Thanks OP for the warning. Unfortunateley the sub for the next threee month is already been done.

Because there isn't anything TO take seriously about LFR raiders. Don't get me wrong, I'm super casual these days, and most of my exposure to current raid encounters comes from LFR, but you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't admit that there's practically zero skill involved in LFR.

Here is the reason LFR is delayed:

First, and foremost, you do NOT have to be an elitist to be a raider. It's asinine to make such a blanket statement. Granted, Tier 14 was pretty difficult for an entry trier. Blizzard admits this (to paraphrase, not 100% exactly: "There were too many hard DPS checks in Tier 14. In Tier 15, if you can master the encounter mechanics, you should be able down a boss in normal."

Secondly, LFR is a substitute for raiding. Blizzard doesn't want people clearing an entire raid on super-easy mode while actual raiders are still clearing the first bosses on normal.

Thirdly, LFR is a gift catered especially towards the super casuals that either can't be bothered with putting in the effort to actually raid and to those who simply want to see more of the game but cannot commit to raiding on behalf of time constraints due to real life responsibilities.

In the past, if you fell into either of these two groups, you'd rarely ever see the raid content. With LFR, you get to see ALL raid content, regardless of personal skill, with very little time commitment.

Raiding is the domain of (*GASP*) raiders. You can wait a few weeks while raiders get their content. Don't worry.

It's funny, though, because there was so much backlash from raiders about releasing 5.2 too early, and now LFR raiders raise hell because they have to wait a month to see all of the content.

Plus, you'll get to start seeing the content a week later. It's not like you're having to wait a month to see ANY of the new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

WARNING if you only play the game one day a patch, today's not the day to play.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I enjoy LFR, I used to do the whole hardcore raiding thing 5+ nights a week. But that was when I was in college, and didnt have a family and any responsibility. For me LFR has made it possible to raid and get loot (the main reason I play this game) without having to deal with 9/24 other peoples schedules. I can log on do LFR, hopefully get a few upgrades then log off and hang with my family. I have not ever nor will I ever have any interest in heroic's, I think Blizzard royally fucked up raiding with Heroics. Hardmodes I can understand something you did in normal mode to activate a bosses hardmode was cool. I want the Wrath model back pre TOC.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I find it odd that anyone would play WoW just to do Lfr and see the "end" boss. Kind of seems like a waste of time / money. But that is my opinion.
    Adding extra difficulty levels doesn't extend the game quite in the way you think it does. When I beat a tier of LFR, it gives me no intrinsically added pleasure to repeat the content at higher difficulty levels. The enjoyment I might see doing harder modes is driven solely by social interaction within a guild. Dragon Soul and MoP drove my guild into extinction, so I had absolutely no motivation to experience anything beyond LFR versions of the encounters. I definitely don't feel like my time was wasted; in fact, there's a big element of guilty pleasure knowing that I saw the entire tier in about 3-5 hours of LFR queueing, while others spend that much time every night, 5 nights a week, and don't finish their heroic modes for months.

As to whether or not the money was wasted, well... I wouldn't call MoP a good experience, but I'll admit that a month of subscription fees kept me occupied for a generous amount of time.

LFR was made for everyone to see the content. Now people cry since they cant see ALL the content on day one. These same people would complain that there is no content as soon as they have zerged through it with much playtime in 1-3 days.

So many gamers today demand instant gratification on day one. They want everything, now. They would prefer getting it yesterday. Ideally, they want it all with minimum effort. Dont want to pay for it, dont want to wait some, dont want to work for it either.

If you want to see "the ending", just dont BOTHER subbing up. Just watch videos on youtube from kills.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Because there isn't anything TO take seriously about LFR raiders. Don't get me wrong, I'm super casual these days, and most of my exposure to current raid encounters comes from LFR, but you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't admit that there's practically zero skill involved in LFR.

Here is the reason LFR is delayed:

First, and foremost, you do NOT have to be an elitist to be a raider. It's asinine to make such a blanket statement. Granted, Tier 14 was pretty difficult for an entry trier. Blizzard admits this (to paraphrase, not 100% exactly: "There were too many hard DPS checks in Tier 14. In Tier 15, if you can master the encounter mechanics, you should be able down a boss in normal."

Secondly, LFR is a substitute for raiding. Blizzard doesn't want people clearing an entire raid on super-easy mode while actual raiders are still clearing the first bosses on normal.

Thirdly, LFR is a gift catered especially towards the super casuals that either can't be bothered with putting in the effort to actually raid and to those who simply want to see more of the game but cannot commit to raiding on behalf of time constraints due to real life responsibilities.

In the past, if you fell into either of these two groups, you'd rarely ever see the raid content. With LFR, you get to see ALL raid content, regardless of personal skill, with very little time commitment.

Raiding is the domain of (*GASP*) raiders. You can wait a few weeks while raiders get their content. Don't worry.

It's funny, though, because there was so much backlash from raiders about releasing 5.2 too early, and now LFR raiders raise hell because they have to wait a month to see all of the content.

Plus, you'll get to start seeing the content a week later. It's not like you're having to wait a month to see ANY of the new content.

I cant remember the last game that required more than zero skill in its easy difficulty setting.

Yet that difficulty seeting wasnt delayed almost 2 months.

I never said all non-lfr raiders are elitist, i actually raid in a non-lfr setting. Please read what i said.

LFR is not a substitute for raiding, LFR is raiding, in a easy setting. Blizzard has already said they consider LFR as raiding.
    Yes, Blizzard dont want people to see the content in easy before Normal, which is kind of my point. Elitists (not normal raiders) asked for that, and Blizzard provides that, even when NO OTHER GAME in the industry has EVER done that. Easy difficulties have never been delayed so people finish the game in Normal first except in WoW.

"Raiding is the domain of (*GASP*) raiders." I agree, but LFR raiders get theri domain delayed, a lot, more than ever.

Ill start seeing the content today, i still consider this to be bullshit.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-05 at 02:35 PM.

Good, maybe more casual players will get up the courage to try normal modes this tier...a certain subset of players seem to find organized normal mode raids super scary for some reason when it's not that much harder than LFR, especially once people start outgearing the content toward the middle/end of a tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Didnt it take ages for them to release the second half of lfr in 5.0? (Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring) I am pretty sure it was more than a couple of weeks gap between those.. yes I know it's one instance this time, but even then the first one Vaults, was split into 2 and had a week gap.. But i really don;t see it being an issue this time round. I seriously don't get the QQ