Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    well with the amount of multi dotting and the uptime we will have on ToF on most bosses we will be in a good spot imo

Deleted
    Decent spot at least yeah, I'm not really a fan of the fact that we're so reliant on ToF though (we'll be fine overall, but really bad on a few fights).

Deleted
    Yea ToF is to me another one of those stupid mechanics that makes balancing us so hard because if we are on par everybody in fights without ToF we will be significantly stronger with a high uptime on ToF and with multi dotting that will just go out of hand. If you ask me i would redesign ToF totally. Anyways this is the case in 5.2 now so i guess we will just have to live with it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Found it a bit interesting that they chose to buff sw over vt, but I definitely don't mind.
    Reason for that is that 25% on SW: P overall DMG is also a movement DPS boost, since it's instant dmg is a portion of it's total dmg.

Wonder how good (or still not good at all lol) this turns out to be, since it wasn't tested on the PTR at all.

All I'm hoping for now is that FDCL bug from PTR doesn't make it live.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-03-05 at 04:13 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    The one where ticks gained from 2p can't proc it? Hopefully not><

As for the 25% extra dmg on SWP, we definitely needed something of the sort. We were just behind the other two specs by quite some margin on multi doting. Like you said, its a decent boost on the move. I can't wait to try out 2p + the crit trinket. On fights like the council, everytime it procs we can SWP 3 targets then vt them and have 30seconds dots on 3 target out of 4.

Also I am quite anxious to see what stats we are actually going to favor. Hopefully Twintop & co will have this finished for tomorrow:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Also I am quite anxious to see what stats we are actually going to favor. Hopefully Twintop & co will have this finished for tomorrow:P
    im waiting for it like for christmas >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified
    Hopefully Twintop & co will have this finished for tomorrow:P
    Might have an answer for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by @TwintopTahoe
    Blizzard is still doing tuning in preparation for 5.2. I'll have final stat weights once this tuning is finished (for the most part).
    (Source)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Haste thread on H2P has been updated for 5.2. I haven't been able to do anything with the recent changes to LMG or sw;P. Ill update things to be more accurate once things settle down tomorrow.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3160

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    Yea ToF is to me another one of those stupid mechanics that makes balancing us so hard because if we are on par everybody in fights without ToF we will be significantly stronger with a high uptime on ToF and with multi dotting that will just go out of hand. If you ask me i would redesign ToF totally. Anyways this is the case in 5.2 now so i guess we will just have to live with it :P
    Ever wonder why Affliction/Destruction Warlocks are so high on the fights that ToF is good at? Check out their mechanics, they gain a ton from adds dying.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Destruction are not very good damage dealer tbh, when they are high most of the time it is due to overkill. So you might be doing 170k dps, but really you are not doing 140k with half the damage of your execut goes into overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Ever wonder why Affliction/Destruction Warlocks are so high on the fights that ToF is good at? Check out their mechanics, they gain a ton from adds dying.
    To be more precise, warlocks have our entire set of T5 talents as passives.
    ToF - 4 Shards per add death;
    DI - Nightfall;
    PI - Demon Soul.

Hence my post from a few days ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Make all our T5 talents baseline, and we'll be ok. Not even joking.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-03-05 at 03:13 PM.

DI - Nightfall;
    PI - Demon Soul.

Disturbing indeed

About our SWP I think it's a really good way to buff us on par to others dot class, help slightly our singletarget, and it's the best buff possible without a redesign to our movement dps, so thanks.

About ToF I would Love to see a redesign on a futur patch, I really like the talent Idea and how it plays out, but it's really too powerfull, in 5.0-1 it was even on par with others talent on single target fights.
    I would love it to be situationnal only, furthermore it's a talent that makes us weaker at farming, for instance in progress Elite protector, we could easily get as high as 80% ToF with SW: D sniping the adds, now in our group we barely get 60% ToF with trying to snipe the adds with an instant SW: P because with stuff they die really fast and you can't hope your SW: D to even be usable.
    Would love the talent to trigger on death of a target affected by Dots (and Hots too because it can't hurt to buff it slightly to healing priest too).

I juste don't want it removed because even if it's working harder than probably every other class in the game and I loved talents / mechanics that promote skillfull play, if only the latency problem could be solved when you're with a good group, not fun to be low on farming even if the boss still dies in the end.

DI - Nightfall;
    PI - Demon Soul.

But we have Shadowy Apparitions! Right? RIGHT???!

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    But we have Shadowy Apparitions! Right? RIGHT???!
    Ofc. Now only if we could GoSaC them for 20% Blast/Flay dmg, we'd almost be as good as locks.

Was the 6% nerf to PW:Shield reverted? I don't see it on the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    I don't even remember a straight out nerf to PWS, I only remember buffs, although maybe I missed that. The nerf will come from the absorb nerf on our mastery though, maybe that's what you are thinking of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    The "6% nerf" was actually a tooltip change due to the mastery change.
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    Any numbers on Solace vs Mindbender for mana? Seems Solace's benefit is the extra bit of healing.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

In relation to the tooltip on PW:S, is it wrong?

It's live now and every time I shield myself it's around 20k less than what the tooltip says it should be. Also interesting to note that I changed specs, went back to disc, and the tooltip changed again. The bottom line is that every time I shield, if it doesn't crit, its around 20k less than what the tooltip suggests. Did they forget to update the tooltip? Either way I am extremely unhappy.