Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

85-90, aint nobody got time for that

I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.

If it takes you all day to get 1 level, then you are leveling quite inefficiently.

Also, you can easily level 4 toons from 85-90, and barely have any quest overlaps.

I don't see any reason to speed up the "already very very fast" 85-90 process.

I dont see the problem. Its leveling, its been like this since TBC, ya you leveled faster but you had twice as many levels too. Its boring sure, but so were the other zones after a couple times through. But I guess I dont mind leveling, I have 6 90s and just started a monk.

Deleted
    why are you playing an mmo ?!
    i know that wow totally ruined and wattered down the genre but this doesn`t seem like the type of game for you

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.
    complaining about lvling speed aside
    i like this, good idea, like it
    make it cost 10k though

see, I know blind-support for blizzard would come in this thread already.

you have heirlooms to 85. why are they not to 90?
    they're going to nerf the xp in the end.
    they have buffs for alts already, just not xp. why not add a buff like valor of the ancients to alts?

too much blindness already itt

Try other methods like leveling through dungeons or pvp. It might be slower but it will break up the monontony of quests.

why would I do a dungeon? it doesn't even give you a bar of xp.

yjmark. while i believe the OPs statement is subjective to each individual. i also find that 85-90 is boring and to long after the first or 2nd time you do it.. ive got 7 90's and 4 more 85's to finish up.. and frankly its just long and boring i found wrath had a much better leveling game.. i would have preferred more chain quests with solid story lines than some of the trash quests with no meaning that came from leveling in MOP. i know they all have story behind them.. but really im not interested in lighting sticks on a path or collecting yaks, going through goat poo.. we have killed Ragnaros, Illidan, Lich King, and Deathwing. along with countless other major world bosses. i think at this point blizzard needs to up their game in the questing log.. cause mop was boring to level in.

I remember when you ran out of quests when hitting 50 and had to grind to 60.
    And getting to 60 in under a month was a big deal.
    And people actually enjoyed the journey instead of just getting to endgame so they can sit in a line to get their pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    I remember when you ran out of quests when hitting 50 and had to grind to 60.
    And getting to 60 in under a month was a big deal.
    And people actually enjoyed the journey instead of just getting to endgame so they can sit in a line to get their pixels.
    me too.

for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

It's not very linear at all. Cataclysm was 100% linear. Mop Is more like Wrath and BC...not very linear at all.

Just put in an hour or two a day, say "I will do 10 quests" then you might end up doing 15 or 20, chip away at it. The best way to start an adventure is to take the first step, but if you are just going to complain about it, you will never get there.

Complain complain complain complain complain complain complain whine bitch complain.

I feel like that's all people do on the forums anymore.

The leveling system in Mists is fine. If you say it took you an entire day to get to level 86 from level 85, you are playing horridly. Perhaps this becomes less of a thread about how you feel leveling is slow in Pandaria, and more about why it's taking you so long to do it?

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Mad props for your thread title. I lol'd for real

Here's the thing, Cata was way more linear and boring than Panda. It is literally the exact same quest chains and quest series, not like Pandas where I can get bored after the Jade Forest Intro and just jump into Karasang or Valley if I really wanted. You basically picked Vash or Hyjal, then you had to do the entire quest chain, then some Deepholm or some Ulduar, same quest chain, and end in Twilight. At least here, you can basically skip around zones more like in the Wrath model.

The real problem is that blizz slowly nerfs leveling time to get to max and we get used to it, but in the past introduced the BoA de facto leveling nerf. When they nerfed 80-85 with BoAs only a few weeks after Cata launch for some guilds, I found it a lot more enjoyable but my 2nd 80-85 without BoA was a huge a nightmare. Same with 70-80 before that. Don't worry man, you are right, they will nerf the xp soon, I'm guessing somewhere into 5.2 or when they do that new pvp catch-up, but you are right in that I wish there was some minor xp bonus to encourage alts. As it is, however, I'm okay with 85-90, it's way more bearable than Cata by a longshot.

As an aside, though, I've noticed my alts neglected with Pandaria. This is a change I actually like. I used to have an army of toons all decently geared at max and now my Panda Monk takes all my time from dailies to raiding to farming xmog etc.
    Last edited by topitopi; 2013-03-05 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    yjmark. while i believe the OPs statement is subjective to each individual. i also find that 85-90 is boring and to long after the first or 2nd time you do it.. ive got 7 90's and 4 more 85's to finish up.. and frankly its just long and boring i found wrath had a much better leveling game.. i would have preferred more chain quests with solid story lines than some of the trash quests with no meaning that came from leveling in MOP. i know they all have story behind them.. but really im not interested in lighting sticks on a path or collecting yaks, going through goat poo.. we have killed Ragnaros, Illidan, Lich King, and Deathwing. along with countless other major world bosses. i think at this point blizzard needs to up their game in the questing log.. cause mop was boring to level in.
    That is your subjective opinion. Many other subjective opinions are that MoP leveling is the best out of any expansion by a huge margin. /shrug

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was taking my time to level and I was able to do about 1 level every 6 hours.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't level up then silly! Nothings forcing you to, you can keep playing below max-level. You already have one 90 so it's not like you're missing anything anyways.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    see, I know blind-support for blizzard would come in this thread already.

you have heirlooms to 85. why are they not to 90?
    they're going to nerf the xp in the end.
    they have buffs for alts already, just not xp. why not add a buff like valor of the ancients to alts?

too much blindness already itt
    Yeah because if people disagrees with you - clearly they are all brainwashed, devout Blizzard supporters..... Sigh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm sorry, But you are simply leveling wrong.

If it takes you half of an entire day to make one level, You are just questing wrong.

When I leveled from 85-90 I buckled down and focused. Knocked out quest after quest after quest. Boom, 85-86 was like a snap of the fingers, And each level followed. Maybe taking an hour at best if I got sloppy.

Also like Venziir said. You want people to listen to you? DON'T go throwing around the "YOUR ALL BLIZZARD FANBOYS BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THE WAY I LEVEL"

Don't