Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not the speed of of leveling that's really an issue in MoP, it's the quests themselves there is hardly any difference in quest type from when you started at level 1. Blizz devs did nothing to make quests interesting or exciting just bad puns and easy encounters...Really I needed 12 farmers to help me kill Mothra..everything just feels so bland.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    I remember when you ran out of quests when hitting 50 and had to grind to 60.
    And getting to 60 in under a month was a big deal.
    And people actually enjoyed the journey instead of just getting to endgame so they can sit in a line to get their pixels.
    And I remember when a soda was 25 cents, and a moonpie was a nickel. Has nothing to do with the question at hand.
    OT: I 100% agree with you. I've level 3 90's now, and I'd like to get the rest of my 85's up there, but I just don't have the willpower. MoP was great the first 2 times,
    but after that is just becomes mind-numbing in my opinion. And "very little overlap"? HA. You have to do 75% of jade forest on any given toon, also Dread wastes and most of townlong... Leaving you to do half a levels worth of quests in Valley, krasang or Kun lai. Whee

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    no but dread wastes looks just like a recolored townlong which looks like a recolored jade
    but to be fair, netherstorm looked like a recolored smv which looked like a recolored hellfire
    Townlong looks NOTHING like Jade Forest. Are you blind? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that way about the zones leading up to dread wastes, been through the valley 5 times now and I do not want to do it again. Though if you are finding it too difficult on only your second time through then I think you may not be cut out for leveling alts. There is an xp buff for characters via a guild perk, in addition to rested xp. If you want to spend less time questing then log your characters out in inns and only quest while you still have rested xp to go through. I do that whenever I have to go through a zone that I am tired of. If you are still taking a full day just to get one level then you need to change what you are doing, some simple things to avoid are questing as tank or healer; You are going to take a very long time to kill things. Make sure you know your basic rotation and stat priority so you can pick optimal gear from quests (I know most quests provide only 1 reward, talking about multiple quests rewarding the same slot with different secondary stats).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Respectfully, if it takes you all day to level then you are doing something wrong... perhaps, thats your problem. That said, if leveling is too awful painful and 'ridiculous' as you say, perhaps then WoW isn't the game for you any longer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baene55 View Post
    It's not the speed of of leveling that's really an issue in MoP, it's the quests themselves there is hardly any difference in quest type from when you started at level 1. Blizz devs did nothing to make quests interesting or exciting just bad puns and easy encounters...Really I needed 12 farmers to help me kill Mothra..everything just feels so bland.
    Yeah. No.
    The quests are way more advanced mechanics-wise, but there will still be kill x, gather y. Unavoidable.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I find this post somewhat funny since I level my alts to get away from grinding dailys o.0

I haven't read through the entire thread, but my leveling strategy involves moving from 1 zone to another when I ding.

For example:
    85 - 86 Jade Forest
    86 - 87 Valley of the Four Winds
    87 - 88 Kun Lai Summit (Mainly because you have to open the gates to the Vale)
    88 - 89 Townlong Steppes
    89 - 90 Dread Wastes

Since the amount of xp you get from quests increases so dramatically when you move from zone to zone, and the amount of xp required to level goes up so dramatically, it only seems to make sense to move from zone a to zone b when you level.

My first character did all 6 zones just because of the whole Loremaster thing, but all the characters after that skipped Krasarang Wilds completely and is just a place I go to make a little extra gold from questing if I've run out of dailys. (Like that could happen in this xpac)
    Last edited by TheCaz; 2013-03-05 at 06:33 PM.

I love how WoW is no longer a game for me now...and yet I leveled 10 characters to 85 without any issues through Cata that was supposed to be this horrible expansion and yet here is MoP and I can't even get to 90..
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    see, I know blind-support for blizzard would come in this thread already.

you have heirlooms to 85. why are they not to 90?
    they're going to nerf the xp in the end.
    they have buffs for alts already, just not xp. why not add a buff like valor of the ancients to alts?

too much blindness already itt
    Not sure if these problems you listed are real or if you were trolling
    Blind-support? Because someone likes a company's decisions on a game that you don't they are supporting it blindly?
    -They are making new heirlooms that go up to 90 if I remember correctly in 5.2
    -You just said you wanted heirlooms to 90, then you said that they are going to nerf the xp in the end as if it you regarded it as a bad thing. Make up your mind.
    - See first argument. They have heirlooms and an item from a rare in pandaria that increases xp gain by 400% but you still want more?

OP: It should not take you a day to level once. Are you afk for most of that or what? And how is it more linear than cata? you played through hyjal(if you wanted to get the best gear/time) and that was basicly one huge quest chain. Then you went to deepholm where you are forced to play through enough of it to unlock therazane. Then uldum and twilight highlands to cap. In pandaria there are plenty of different quest chains in each zone to go to.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    why are you playing an mmo ?!
    i know that wow totally ruined and wattered down the genre but this doesn`t seem like the type of game for you
    Just because some MMO's have "leveling", doesn't mean that they all do. Progressing through leveling isn't what defines an MMO, it just makes it more grindy, keep you playing for more, either p2p or f2p.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

After playing Korean MMO's the experience requirement of WoW is laughable! Without even trying a friend had six 90's within weeks of release, granted, she was burned out and quit afterwards, but I think the OP's main issue is motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueness View Post
    After playing Korean MMO's the experience requirement of WoW is laughable! Without even trying a friend had six 90's within weeks of release, granted, she was burned out and quit afterwards, but I think the OP's main issue is motivation.
    To be fair, half of those terrible Korean MMO's have an Auto-fight button (yes, a button you hit in the middle of the screen that makes you character do a basic rotation to any surrounding monsters in range) at least in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've never given major xp boosts for 'current' leveling content. Why would they start now. Also roll the opposite faction, story is different enough to warrant it even if all you do want to do is cap out.

Please someone tell me there is not QQ about having to level another toon... I currently have 7 level 90's and 3 toons *almost full malevolent. Its fine the way it is. If it is actually taking you that long, then its a L2P issue. There are faster ways of leveling, or things you can do to speed it up most definitely, like killing rares, finding rare treasured, (there are addons that will tell you where to go and even put a marker on your map with a huge arrow telling you where to go. If you are a healer, running dungeons is usually pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Blizz to replace the login button with an "iWin kewllewts" (tm) button. Why should I have to run around and kill stuff or do quests/raids when it would be much more efficient to simply click "yes" to new tier gear?

The leveling is fine. If you feel it's too much, maybe you have too many alts?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    They've never given major xp boosts for 'current' leveling content. Why would they start now. Also roll the opposite faction, story is different enough to warrant it even if all you do want to do is cap out.
    I guess you missed the cloak and helm heirlooms all last expansion, and all the other ones that you could use during wotlk for 1-80. No exp boosts at all, yeah.

85-90 is really boring, I wish they reduced it and instead increased 1-70, in fact I think they should double xp req for 1-70.

I agree it takes far to long and theirs far to little variation or reward in the whole process. Their aren't enough dungeons leveling. Their aren't enough different quest mechanics leveling. Their isn't enough variation in the zones. Their isn't enough reward for each lvl. In cataclysm I did it for like 3 or 4 alts. In mists I got through one and said fuck it. It's BORING and slow and grindy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see where all the problems are. If you look down I obviously have 4 level 90 characters and I enjoyed leveling all of them. I still need to do 2 of them through Townlong and Dread Wastes for Gold. I also have 3 other 85s and 3 classes I'm working on still in Vanilla zones. I don't see the real problem, in Cata I hated it, because the initial quests in Hyjal were hard as crap with bad gear and Vash'jir is the pretties zone they have ever created, but is horrible to do more than twice. I can go from 85-90 in 2 days if I don't have much going on, probably averaging 5-6 hours a level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Mix in BGs, Dungeons, and level all of your alts only in rested.

I have 11 characters(lol I know) and I haven't found the leveling very redundant because I employ that method.