unless City do a massive collapse, I don't see Spurs getting 2nd over them

for BPL player of the year (so far) I'd put the top 3 in this order

RVP
    Suarez
    Bale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    unless City do a massive collapse, I don't see Spurs getting 2nd over them
    It'll require a collapse for it to happen, but I don't think such a scenario is beyond possibility. City are really poor this year, all it takes is another bad result to put them further behind and it might well kill off the drive.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

well I do agree that City have been poor when you consider the talent they have on the team

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    He's right because what he's saying is the following in slightly more agreeable language.

"I know you think I'm a cunt, you know I think you are cunts, but support the damn team rather than bringing signs saying I'm a cunt"

I can see his point, as a supporter of a club I don't go to matches to protest against the manager, I go to matches to give 100% support to the team - if I want to have my say about a manager I'll do it after a game outside the ground, during the match you want exactly the same thing as the manager, either 3 points in the bag or progression to the next round. The supporters bringing signs to the game, singing songs about getting shot of him aren't supporting the team, they're being jerks and that's counterproductive, they want things to improve short term get the hell behind the team - if you're not going to do that 100% then stay the hell away from the ground & let the manager, regardless as to what's been said previously, do his bloody job!
    Yeah, except that his rant wasn't aimed only at the fans, but at the club itself. Rafa was (probably) hoping that they'll fire him and he'll get the remaining money from his contract without having to work. He already pulled that stunt once, in Inter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big difference from last year for United is that our bench is actually just as good as our starting 11, last year we were hit by so many injuries through out the season. I kind of want Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to go into the CL but i don't see City losing 5-6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    The big difference from last year for United is that our bench is actually just as good as our starting 11, last year we were hit by so many injuries through out the season. I kind of want Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to go into the CL but i don't see City losing 5-6 games.
    why u'd want arsenal instead of city for CL?

city has so many good players, just manchini doesn't know what to do with them, after 2-3 season still the same shit
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a United fan so....yea I like them as much as I like Liverpool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    why u'd want arsenal instead of city for CL?

city has so many good players, just manchini doesn't know what to do with them, after 2-3 season still the same shit
    Probably because the other teams have proven a capability of getting beyond the group stage.

Though in all serious, the Manchester rivalry, you always want the worst for your neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm reserving judgement on City till after the next couple of results. Their biggest hope right now is United will slip up soon so they can catch.

As for Spurs, they could finish anywhere between 2nd and 5th. The former being exceptional, the latter being an underachievement this season, Arsenal are poor this year and Chelsea are a mess.

Looking at it, I'm also surprised Everton aren't doing better than they are.
    Half of the starting 11 from Spurs was missing the majority of this season. Clubs gone through substantial change. I and many Spurs fans I know would have been happy with 6th this season. Finishing 5th would not be an underachievement for the club considering the money spent (nothing as made a profit over the past 4 windows) the wages (£50m less a year than arsenal) and the revenue of the club compared to Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. The club is punching well above their weight and within an excellent financial model.

So on th other hand 'exceptional' would be a massive understatement if they finished 2nd.

Rangers announcing an operating loss of £7m, not bad considering the base facts - ticket prices massively down, revenue from away league fixtures massively down, no European money, two poor cup runs & reduced revenue from commercial partners (i.e. league sponsorship) for income of £9m with spend of £17m. As I said, I consider that respectable given the fact my ticket price for a league game dropped from £26 to £19, still sold over 38,000 season tickets with an average home attendance of over 45,000. Something to also remember is that our balance sheet this year also features the fact we took on £2.8m worth of debt from the old company (footballing debt) as a condition of membership to the SFA & does not feature any potential income from tribunals into Judas Escariots who walked away.

From next season our kit will be manufactured by Puma taking over from Umbro after 8 years & new sponsors will be Blackthorn on a one season deal so far, while it replaces Tennents it's also fair to point out they are infact part of the same company, Celtic will be sponsored by Magners, again in the same parent company but different brands.

SPL announced also today that revenue for last season (i.e. 11/12) down 6% year on year - can't wait for the figures for 12/13!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

It feeeeels good! DUM DUM DUM

Pretty sure CL is secure now, but you never know!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nervous, anxious, twitchy, worried.

Yeah none of those sum up how I feel right now in advance of tonight, I'm excited as all hell and at the same time shitting the proverbial bricks.

Hoping for a 2-1 result, what's everyone else predicting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to United - Madrid tonight, fingers crossed!

All the feelings you summed up Fengore pretty much count for me too ;D

1-1, going to penalties

Hoping Madrid go through.

They're the best side in the world at the moment. They made Barcelona look rather average.

Deleted
    I'm extremely stoked for tonight's match Borussia Dortmund - Schachtar Donezk!

I hope they can leave the last game against Bayern Munich behind and beat Donezk tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting 11 for United: De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Giggs, Van Persie.
    Bench: Lindegaard, Evans, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, Young, Kagawa
    Interesting line up for today.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Hoping Madrid go through.

They're the best side in the world at the moment. They made Barcelona look rather average.
    they are built to beat Barcelona

plus Barca are in a bad stretch at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Interesting line up for today.
    Please not Welbeck and Giggs in the starting 11 Would rather have seen Rooney instead of Giggs. Hopefully I have to eat my words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly match time, come on United!

Weird to see Rooney on the bench but I guess he'll be brought on if things aren't going United's way? Not sure what to think of it.