Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Its really amazing work like others i said but i do also think they don't really fits WoW's cartoony style, and having models of that quality running everywhere would require massive machines to even play the game wich is agains't Blizzard's policy of accessibility.
    Which is why I often have to ask; how difficult is it to allow those with adequate rigs to have updated models while people with lower end systems can keep using the current ones without a performance hit? Eve Online had the option of using old or new ships when the models were updated in the Trinity expansion, and didn't Everquest 2 also have a similar feature (I only played trial, so I could be mistaken)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Umm err ...huh?

What kind of tech do you think most computers have?
    Not good enough tech if WoW was of that detail, plenty of people have bad lag and stuff in raids, let alone if models were all of that detail

I want Ner'zhul's gaybies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    and having models of that quality running everywhere would require massive machines to even play the game wich is agains't Blizzard's policy of accessibility.
    Having models like that running everywhere? Where exactly do you see a hundred Thralls running around exactly? I don't think we're playing the same game.

These models are fine for unique characters that you only meet occasionally. The only reason Blizzard's models don't get this much work is because Blizzard has limited resources and they don't want to hire more people. So they have to decide between giving a character a new model or designing a new monster they can use over and over again through re-texturing. They usually choose for the latter.

Though from time to time they feel a character truly needs a unique model... for example with Thrall or Varian. Heck, even Tyrande and Vol'jin got one eventually because they got more screentime. But would you argue that the Ner'zhul model is more complex than the new Vol'jin one? Because I think they're quite alike (except maybe the staff). Korialstrasz dragon is fine as well. Grom Hellscream probably has too many accessories, you're right about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful, as always. You never defraud anyone: practically absolute perfection.

Tip: All the heroes you've represented are important, but I also would like to see Gul'dan, I do not know if you have it on your to-do list or not... At the end of the day Gul'dan is the only hero of the old Horde (along with Grom) who redeemed himself and would fit perfectly in the current Horde (and who knows, maybe Gul'dan himself could return of the very same underworld: his legacy is still undiscovered in the Broken Islands and his skull is more than enough to resuscitate him through the more powerful necromancy).

Personal desire: Seeing the uncorrupted Neltharion and the splendor of Soridormi, I have thought of how interesting it would be to return to the past to prevent that Neltharion was corrupted, perhaps with the excuse that the complete power of the Five Dragonflights is going to be needed to fight the Burning Legion. It would be a real honor to avoid the cataclysm and return Azeroth to its original charm (so we could see mythical places that were destroyed by the cataclysm, as Zandalar, Northeron or the missing half of the peninsula of Gilneas).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Grom was is the best one, absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not good enough tech if WoW was of that detail, plenty of people have bad lag and stuff in raids, let alone if models were all of that detail
    Thats a network issue, with most people having computers that can play FC3 and Skyrim it wouldn't be a rendering issue.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is freaking epic! If you've yet to do so, you should do Broxigar the Red
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    That is freaking epic! If you've yet to do so, you should do Broxigar the Red
    He's done him: