Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Horridon 10/25 N Strategy (<500 ilvl)

Anyone else having trouble with this boss? Damage seems to get outta hand quickly and we can seem to dispel/cure fast enough, havent made it past the ice trolls yet... Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Please do not make a 2-line post with your 16/16H character (or anything with a 500+ ilvl) saying "Not overtuned; 1-shot him". It's either bragging or trolling; neither is welcome and both will be infracted from Page 24 onwards. Thanks.

This thread was originally to discuss Horridon strategy (see the original OP above this message) and I've adjusted the title to match. Telling people you beat it without saying how you beat it is a waste of a post.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-03-07 at 11:48 PM.

We're getting to the ice trolls as well. The Gurubashi tend to wear us down. We have our resto druid symbiosis our ret pally so he has two cleanses (they don't share CD's). The Effusions get out of hand with the poison damage though. But, we're getting better every attempt.

Compared to how the first boss was a glorified trash mob in dificulty I would say it ramped up rather quickly.

not sure if Horridon is overtuned or its just the first boss wich is undertuned , we managed to kill first boss in under than 15minutes but wiped for 3 hours on horridon , cant get past 3rd gate (ice troll) too many disease '' priest / druid with symbiosis on pally'' still not enought to cleanse all disease but ... the trash before Horridon is horrible

10 man normal, we went with 3 healers and 2 healers. With 3 healers it went holy pally, resto druid, and disc priest. When it was 2 healers it was disc priest and holy pally.

Im interested on how to handled the adds.

The first door goes easy enough. (sandy floor)

The second door goes crazy with 3 priests AOE poisoning the raid. Is the solution to simply DPS burn it down fast enough and dispel the highest stacks? If so we are hurting badly in those departments.

The 3rd door usually we are so beat down by door 2 that it doesn't go so well. But it looks like it wouldn't be that bad if door 2 didn't crush our guts.

Never saw final door or the next phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerruss View Post
    we can seem to dispel/cure fast enough
    What's your comp? (Assuming you meant "can't", since you're talking about damage getting out of hand)
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-03-06 at 04:51 AM.

Our group was also getting the the ice trolls, and failing miserably at dispels, and it felt like there were to many adds alive which led to tank deaths and way to many diseases.

For phase 2 a MW monk with revival solved the massive amount of poisons going out, along with interrupting the priests.

The problem for our group was, at least i think it was, the fact that we had to many adds out / they died to slow. How many adds did you guys have out at a time, and how many healers did you run. For our group with 3 heals there were around 6-8 adds out as the dinomancer hit 50% and we had no time to damage horridon at all before the next set of adds began to spawn.

When we ran 3 healers we would have usually have about 4-5 adds out during the transition to ice trolls on a good run.

5 adds from the poison trolls?

Has anyone killed this yet? First boss was not so bad once you knew the mechanics, trash on the bridge was a pain, this boss though is just a massacre.

Made it to the third door only once in 3 hours of attempts, lots of wipes on the second door. Just seems like the spam rates are too fast, making the debuffs and all the overall damage come too quickly.

If anyone has any input that can help we have gotten thought the second set of trolls having a lot of trouble keep hearing its easier in 25man but as of now we are over whelmed with dispells. Any 25mans guilds have tips?
    Last edited by tamlus; 2013-03-06 at 05:07 AM.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Quote Originally Posted by swagfu View Post
    Our group was also getting the the ice trolls, and failing miserably at dispels, and it felt like there were to many adds alive which led to tank deaths and way to many diseases.

For phase 2 a MW monk with revival solved the massive amount of poisons going out, along with interrupting the priests.

The problem for our group was, at least i think it was, the fact that we had to many adds out / they died to slow. How many adds did you guys have out at a time, and how many healers did you run. For our group with 3 heals there were around 6-8 adds out as the dinomancer hit 50% and we had no time to damage horridon at all before the next set of adds began to spawn.
    We ran the night with 3 healers until our last attempt when we tried it with 2, didn't go so well. We were probably around 4-6 adds when the first and second dinomancer came out. I also hate how the adds jump down from the top rather than coming out the gate, it makes trying to keep them constantly together such a nuisance with threat going all over the place, like I don't already have enough to worry about.

Agree with OP, IcyVeins video deems this fight "not difficult" however the amount of dmg/dispels needed in a short peroid of time are very taxing. Seems pretty rough for a 2nd boss on Normal difficulty.

Yes 5 adds from the posion trolls. Typically the priests were dead at this point (the ones that AOE spray) but all the other adds were still up because of them and dino taking all the focus. But most of the raid was still covered in debuffs as 2 healers click though removing poisons with the CD. (even with our 3rd healer, a priest, we only had 2 dispels).

So tank damage was nuts. Raid damage was nuts. With plenty of adds and the boss still up and in the fight. Horridon hardly had any dps on him by this point as well.

We had trouble too on this boss. We didn't have a priest so dispels were taxing. With 3 healers (monk, pally, druid) we couldn't dispel fast enough on door 2, but with 2 healers we were able to limp past door 3 but at least one person was dead at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Has anyone killed this yet? First boss was not so bad once you knew the mechanics, trash on the bridge was a pain, this boss though is just a massacre.

Made it to the third door only once in 3 hours of attempts, lots of wipes on the second door. Just seems like the spam rates are too fast, making the debuffs and all the overall damage come too quickly.
    i think quite a few have, but it is tuned quite heavily

Our group had no adds going into new phases, if we did it was only 1 at low health going into frost. Seems like a priest may be mandatory for mass dispel for 10 man guilds to keep the debuffs under control, and who ever is tanking the frost adds has to use some large CD to stay alive.

If you are getting targeted by adds in frost you need to pop a personal cd, maybe, to reduce the damage and lessen the burden on your healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned hero to get through the Drakkari phase, phase 5 was a joke anyways
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

2nd door was hard for us until we assigned interrupters and killed priests/effusions ASAP.

3rd door is manageable with priest/pally dispelling but people keep dying to frozen orbs. As long as tanks pop some cds to survive should be better.

EDIT: My only beef is reliance on Priest/Monk for dispelling, puts you in a rough spot for 10m if you don't have the right classes. I hope they change the debuffs to magic or make all classes able to dispel. The difficulty itself is fun, I rather like that a Normal boss is decently tuned.
    Last edited by Michelangelo; 2013-03-06 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swagfu View Post

This is how it was for our 25 man. The DPS check seems a little tight.