Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Warchief Nazgrim.

I like it.
    Dunno if he's got the personality/Qualifications for it, he hasn't had much buildup and we don't really know much about him besides him being a decent warrior/military leader. There's more to being Warchief than that.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    I don't know- he's a good military leader, but not politically or economically minded. He's always had clear orders and a superior to report to, I think he would perform better as leader of the horde's army rather than leader of the horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Dunno if he's got the personality/Qualifications for it, he hasn't had much buildup and we don't really know much about him besides him being a decent warrior/military leader. There's more to being Warchief than that.
    You're both right and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    If you click on Nazgrim a whole lot, and listen to his "pissed" audio, you get a better idea of how he feels.

"A new land, he says. Paint it red, he says. *Sigh*"

As well as an ominous poem.

"Blood in the soil, makes for more toil! Tell the bloody earth, a new Horde to give birth!"

Both can be seen as rather "anti" war. He seemed annoyed by the fact Garrosh told him to "paint it red" in the first line, sighing at such a command, and the whole "blood in the soil makes for more toil" is a flowery way of saying that all the war and death won't make their lives any easier down the line. The final line of "tell the bloody earth, a new horde to give birth" can be seen as him hoping for a change in the Horde once the dust settles.

Another way to look at this when he says the first line could be that Garrosh wants the Horde colors to prevail in Pandaria. Painting the the land red could mean complete dominion over new resources. Remember, Garrosh thinks he is doing what's in the best interest of the Horde (we can assume something else, but from what we've learned AT THAT POINT is he wants the Horde to be in charge).

The second line I don't really have a response to.

OT: Nazgrim seems, to me, to care more about the 'Warchief' than Garrosh himself. He is someone who loves the HORDE, and not the Orc leading it. I'm sure he would've followed Thrall into certain death when he was Warchief had he only commanded it. I think he'll side for what's best for the Horde overall (anti-Garrosh)
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post
    Remember, Garrosh thinks he is doing what's in the best interest of the Horde (we can assume something else, but from what we've learned AT THAT POINT is he wants the Horde to be in charge).
    He's doing what he thinks is in the best interest of the Orcs, the other races are means to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nazgrim is loyal and anti-Alliance, but I really think his heart and spirit are in the right place. I'd rather see him survive than fight him.
    I'd rather see him on the throne than some Troll or Blood Elf.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 05:57 AM ----------

Apparently not considering how Garrosh became Warchief. Or how ANY Orc except Thrall became Warchief for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read all the quest text, his working with Lor'themar. So obviously the rebellion.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought he'd be the first to openly oppose Garrosh, leading to his death.

There's no way that Nazgrim will end up siding with Garrosh. He's obviously been loyal to him up to this point, but Garrosh hasn't yet done whatever horrific thing he is supposed to do that will push the Horde into sieging Orgrimmar. One that happens I don't see Nazgrim siding with him.

They've just built him up too much to fall. He's too likeable. Him and his little gang of NPC's in Jade Forest and Krasarang are a blast to quest with. He was with the player for the entirety of Vashj'ir and even helped players in Wrath. I really don't see him going down the same road as Garrosh.

Even Baine Bloodhoof himself has high respect for Nazgrim, as is noted during the Dominance Offensive quests. The fact that they point that out shows that he's a noble character that is standing out above the rest.

Deleted
    I would be betting he'll side with Garrosh, simply because Blizzard needs to put some bosses into that raid and they don't have much to pick from. If he's working with rebellion for now, he might be just aswell a Garrosh's spy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking something might happen similar to the Stonetalon Mountains questline with Overlord Krom'gar. I could see it now:

"You are dismissed, General Nazgrim"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I would be betting he'll side with Garrosh, simply because Blizzard needs to put some bosses into that raid and they don't have much to pick from. If he's working with rebellion for now, he might be just aswell a Garrosh's spy.
    Hellscream is to hot headed to have a spy for something like that. He would have beheaded Lor'themar already if nazgrim is working for him.
    Aye mate

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nazgrim becomes Saurfang 2.0 by the end of MoP. He is certainly one of the more honorable Orcs among the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Most raid bosses come out of nowhere. ICC had only built up Saurfang Jr and Sindragosa before the raid was released. No reason to think that SoO will not have its share of bosses that are completely new characters.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-03-06 at 07:02 AM.

<---secretly wishes orcs where more like warhammer Orks.

Would be so easy finding a leader then, Find one 'ho is da biggest and da strongest!

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll side with the rebellion. So far he's not really done anything extreme. He's mostly always come across as a loyal soldier who just does his job, so it's understandable that Garrosh will most likely put him in a position that he completely disagrees with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    How do we know that? He was promoted to Legionnaire sometime before Cataclysm, wasn't he? Probably for valor when fighting against Lich King or something and that would be under Thrall's reign, wouldn't it? And that would be 8 ranks under Thrall and 4 under Garrosh, if you want to count them like this...
    The first time we see him as Legionnaire is in Vashj'ir, he hasn't been mentionned as legionnaire before Garrosh became warchief, also even on when Garrosh wasn't warchief Nazgrim was on his side already (Warsong Offensive), Garrosh is also probably the one who made the reports about Northrend, and about Nazgrim.

You're not advocating that he side with Garrosh because he agrees with him in the post I quoted prior to this one though, you're advocating he'd side with Garrosh because he promoted him more, and I'm pointing out that doesn't mean much.
    Simply because he owe everything to Garrosh.

Deleted
    So, who did he side with? I don't play much anymore, but I always liked Nazgrim and I would like to know what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredy View Post
    So, who did he side with? I don't play much anymore, but I always liked Nazgrim and I would like to know what happened to him.
    he is a raid boss, and gamon kills him

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh. he is a boss in SoO

No Tusk Club.

He sides with Garrosh to his dying breath, but he does so with honour and dignity. He allows Thrall and Saurfang to slip in through the back door on his watch out of respect, and does not harbour any ill will towards his killers.

This is his boss encounter audio, if you care to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    he is a raid boss, and gamon kills him
    This is incredibly misleading. No, Gamon doesn't kill him. He's a raid boss, and Gamon is an optional achievement. If you keep Gamon alive through the trash and then the Nazgrim encounter, you get some special dialogue between Nazgrim and Gamon before Nazgrim dies. It is not 'Gamon kills Nazgrim'. It's 'Gamon is present when you kill Nazgrim if you keep Gamon alive, which is part of the meta drake achievement'.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers. Sucks that he dies, but I guess it goes with his character to be loyal towards the Warchief.