Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

5.2 Is a big disappointment

you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    throwing everything at you for no cost is also boring
    lfr is ready it is just scheduled (like on 5.0) to start one week after normal mode is accessible. You really should read blue posts

10+ Year Old Account
    I just now finally managed to peel myself away from it. Maybe I was one of the only people who actually liked the Isle of Quel'danas >_____________>; ... I'm having fun. Sorry you're not.

What did you expect? I understand you don't like dailies, but what 'different' did you actually expect?

And LFR not ready? Of course it's ready, and it's ready next week too. It's just gated. On purpose...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I just now finally managed to peel myself away from it. Maybe I was one of the only people who actually liked the Isle of Quel'danas >_____________>; ... I'm having fun. Sorry you're not.
    I haven't played 5.2 but is Isle of Thunder very similiar to Isle of Quel'danas? Do horde and alliance share the same quests? Loved the PvP on Quel'danas.

10+ Year Old Account

How can you have expected anything different from what it is? It's been on the PTR for months and mmo-champion had its front page filled with information.

I can understand that you might be feeling disappointed if you don't like a Quel'danas-style unlocking progress on the island, but that you'd have expected for it to not be so, is surprising to me.

There are also new rare spawns, there are ways to collect things for new mounts, new pets, etc. Just read the mmo news of the last 4 weeks or so.

And LFR is ready. It was ready on the PTR, fully functional with perhaps a need for a bit of number-tuning. Blizz just doesn't want people to rush through LFR already before they've even had a chance to enjoy at least a few bosses on normal mode. But I'm certain there were a couple of blue posts in regards to this topic already, so I'll just leave the explaining to Blizz.

How much can a person ask for? Blizzard is fowarding there best work so far, if anything Enjoy 5.2! Enough with the QQ threads >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    I haven't played 5.2 but is Isle of Thunder very similiar to Isle of Quel'danas? Do horde and alliance share the same quests? Loved the PvP on Quel'danas.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they do, although they got really clever about hiding the quest hubs. Soooo much PvP, just loving it. It's amazing. It's absolutely like QD except now there are rares and stuff. Extremely nostalgic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't quite understand how getting more valor points from a quest is making it more fun. Dailys suck. I would rather have an interesting linear quest line rather than a bunch of dull repetitive tasks.

well lot of its fun.. but dailies are so boring... storyline wises its interesting but dailies seem like such a grind lol. then again its only been out a 1 day so i give it a go for awhile i suppose.. i wasnt around for quel so this is new so were see how it goes

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure everyone knew 5.2 was a disappointment shortly after it was announced...

To be honest I was expecting to see here some very creepy problems, BUT 5.2 is a big disappointment because... it is exactly as they said it would be? Can you please stop doing stupid threads based on retarded-fucked-up-out-of-this-world expectations?

well its only out 1 day.. so i give it a go.. but long daily chain seems kinda boring after weeks of doing it..

Nah, it's not Blizzard who don't get it. It's you.

Plenty of people find dailies entertaining, and when you have to provide content for millions of players who all play in vastly different ways, daily quests are a pretty effective way of doing this. Ultimately the new dailies are entirely optional, since the decent VP gear is from the new raid faction, not the daily faction. So if you don't like dailies? Don't do them. You lose nothing by choosing this option, but don't gain either.

I know that when I log in, I'm going to have a blast on the new island. I'll do my dailies, then go into the new raid and down a couple bosses with any luck. Then after the raid, who knows? Maybe I'll do the dailies on my alts too. Got to unlock the island ASAP after all!

What I'm trying to say is this: don't try to speak for everyone. The daily grind may make the game boring for you, but it certainly doesn't for everyone. Far from it. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Nobody is forcing you.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I am pretty sure everyone knew 5.2 was a disappointment shortly after it was announced...
    Again, trying to speak for everyone when you'd probably find plenty who disagree with you. I've been looking forward to this patch for months now; I'm super-psyched to finally be able to play it on live servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the same day? wow. I knew there would be threads, but this soon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    On the same day? wow. I knew there would be threads, but this soon?
    Yeah and they are complaining about having to do dailies, that they only have done once. IF you hate dailies you have only done once you don't hate dailies, you hate questing! and if that's the case then a game like wow is not really for you.

Deleted
    I liked Quel'danas, so I am sure unlocking the island will be fun. But this new focus that the game has on dailies, just completely killed it for me. For the first time ever, I am away from the game for 3 months and I still have absolutely no desire to return. Holding out for 5.3.....

Deleted
    A new patch and i still see no reason to resub?

So don't do the dailies? You don't even get current tier gear from it anymore, it's useless.

May be you can apply for a job at blizzard and see if they let you design their content? that could work.