Prot Warrior Damage Increase

I was wondering how much the 5.2 changes will benefit prot damage, as our prot warrior is fairly low DPS compared to our Blood DK, particularly due to being OT and not having vengeance as often, but I was wondering if anyone has simmed the results of the ss/rev change and knows what kind of % we are talking about for dmg increase? (Run on sentence! Oh yeah!)

I was under the impression that this was going to LOWER the damage of raid geared warriors while not hurting fresh 90s.

In a dungeon, you'll do more damage with Shield Slam, Revenge. But in a raid? You'll probably end up doing a lot less. It's 150% base boosted, but scaling with AP (aka Vengeance) is reduced by 10%.

Deleted
    For all intents and purposes its a nerf

Yes, its intended the reduce the big numbers with full vengeance and boost the low vengeance dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    was doing less damage yesterday. had some threat problems too. anyone else? raid dps wasnt that hight to hurt my threat like it it.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Deleted
    For Shield Slam it's a buff under 54.5kAP and a nerf above
    For Revenge it's a buff under 93.5kAP and a nerf above

So yeah, when you consider that a lv90 warrior has ~25k base AP, 30k buffed, you only need ridiculously low amount of vengeance to hit the shield slam nerf breakpoint, and any raid boss past maybe MSV10nm will put you past the Revenge one.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    For all intents and purposes its a nerf
    Ghostcrawler stated it was a up, for both offtanking and tanking situations.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...43020084449280

But, yeah, it's actually a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I was wondering how much the 5.2 changes will benefit prot damage, as our prot warrior is fairly low DPS compared to our Blood DK, particularly due to being OT and not having vengeance as often, but I was wondering if anyone has simmed the results of the ss/rev change and knows what kind of % we are talking about for dmg increase? (Run on sentence! Oh yeah!)
    The 10% reduced scaling is a nerf due to vengeance.

Deleted
    I'll admit, haven't played much tanking last few weeks, but did they change/nerf dragon roar for prot(or just overall) ?
    feels like 10-15% less at low vengeance :s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    was doing less damage yesterday. had some threat problems too. anyone else? raid dps wasnt that hight to hurt my threat like it it.
    I had extreme threat problems at horridon add waves. I needed mocking banner to even have a chance to keep them sticky on me. without banner? shield slam, revenge, thunderclap and they were gone to some DPS. Taunt, shield slam, revenge, and they are gone again.
    boss or "big trash" threat, however, was fine. But AoE threat es even more ridiculous than it was before.

Deleted
    Cant really say I had any issues on Horridon with picking adds up = s, as you only take every other wave you can also put vigilance on the MT and spam taunt mobs when things get out of control if they do

Mocking banner can be useful on the later ones such as the frost trolls

I also don't really think you would have noticed any major reduction in AoE threat, the only things that are changed are Shield Slam and Revenge
    I don't recall going above 75k Vengeance on the add waves at all in 25 man, and know for a fact I was sitting on 60k for most of the time on my Monk, so the chances of you noticing a reduction in threat are unlikely at best due to the 80k mark being within 5% at most difference between 5.2 and 5.1 damage values

Deleted
    I found it funny that thought our DK dps outdps'ed me on the 3 first bosses, I got top10 ranks and he didn't break the 200 mark.

Fun times indeed. Not really had threat problems, but... it's kind of humilliating.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-03-07 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I found it funny that thought our DK dps outdps'ed me on the 3 first bosses, I got top10 ranks and he didn't break the 200 mark.

Fun times indeed. Not really had threat problems, but... it's kind of humilliating.
    What Espada said:P Although the DK wasn't quite outdps'ing me

2 Éddy Jin'rokh the Breaker 25N 116142

2 Éddy Ji-Kun 25N 83377

4 Éddy Megaera 25N 92786

5 Éddy Council of Elders 25N 136531
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-03-07 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Ye, same shit here... Our duird & prot paladin destroy me... yet i get ranked pretty well (im not that great as a DPSer ) and our druid/pala barely get ranked or bad ranks...

This nerf is really really really stupid >.<

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really noticed it much. I still end up top 10-14 on dps. I think a lot depends on how you gear. If you're not hit capped and at least soft expertise cap, you can't complain about low dps in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twopac187 View Post
    I haven't really noticed it much. I still end up top 10-14 on dps. I think a lot depends on how you gear. If you're not hit capped and at least soft expertise cap, you can't complain about low dps in my opinion.
    Looks like 10M tanks have another standpoint there: I really don't see why you wouldn't want to sit on hit softcap and expertise hardcap in end t14/start t15 gear. Just by looking at our log parses there are only <30% of the fights where i eat more than 50% blockable damage. So in the rest of the situations it should be stronger to have more rage to work with instead of more %(crit) block (=more reliable burst control). But on the other hand 25s tanks regulary eat 75-100% more damage per swing.

My monk tank partner has a hard time getting started this tier and can't afford playing as offensive as he was used to last tier, this should change with +20 ilvl for sure but for now i'm fairly confident with both damage done and damage taken of my warrior compared to him. Looking at a friend of mine, prot paladin, is a totally different story... their damage and raidhealing done is just insane for simply stacking haste.

Since there's no revenge-abuse fight this tier i'd have to go back to Mel'jarak or Shek'zeer to tell about our true aoe/damage potientials.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-03-09 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Looks like 10M tanks have another standpoint there: I really don't see why you wouldn't want to sit on hit softcap and expertise hardcap in end t14/start t15 gear..
    There is no hit softcap for protection, only for fury.