Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

I don't see any reason to speed up the "already very very fast" 85-90 process.
    Exagerration. While opinions are fine and all, you happen to think the exp doesn't need any changes, there's no way a reasonable person would call 85-90 "very very fast." It's not like banging your head against a wall or anything, but I do find after the first 90 it's a pretty painful process to go through again.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed leveling my main up to 90. I think the design of the zones is pretty amazing, and you really get the kind of asian feeling.

But I do not like leveling alts. Nevertheless I need some on level 90 for economic purposes. So I level my chars to 80, and then a guildie takes over. He either levels them to 85 or 90 (whatever is needed for a profession). I pay him around 10k for his services.

For me it's not the speed of the leveling it's the quests and Pandaeria(sp) itself. I don't like the story line, setting or the way the quests are so linear and that makes questing and leveling tedious. I have never felt like this in any other expansion in WoW but Panderia has killed WoW for me. I don't feel burned out on MMOs I'll probably hop into GW2 or any of the other MMOs out, it's MoP...coming to these boards to express my disatisfaction with the game now is a way to kill slow time at work
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Quote Originally Posted by samsine View Post
    I really enjoyed leveling my main up to 90. I think the design of the zones is pretty amazing, and you really get the kind of asian feeling.

But I do not like leveling alts. Nevertheless I need some on level 90 for economic purposes. So I level my chars to 80, and then a guildie takes over. He either levels them to 85 or 90 (whatever is needed for a profession). I pay him around 10k for his services.
    I wouldn't freely admit to account sharing. Blue posters read here too.

To the OP: Why do you level if you don't like it? If having another level 90 is so important to you, grin your teeth and go for it. Otherwise, don't bother. In both cases, don't whine so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took me 2 days to reach level 90 from 85. That really doesn't seem that long. My alts took longer because I was very casual about it, but that's what alts are for, screwing around on when you are a little burnt out on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    why are you playing an mmo ?!
    i know that wow totally ruined and wattered down the genre but this doesn`t seem like the type of game for you
    To go on adventures in a persistent world with lots of other people online.

I don't see why that means everything's gotta take an eon and a half, it's just the payment scheme that does it really. Gotta stretch that subscription.

I have 3 lvl90s i used to have 7 lvl 85s lvled up np but in mop by the time i reached my 3rd 90 i was done took wayyyy to long so i picked my 3 fav classes first and im only lvling the rest when the xp gets nerfed for next expansion mop takes wayyy to long took me 3 months to lvl all 3 to 90 but one of them is a monk so took longer.

1. Questing in MOP isnt linear at all, Cataclysm was linear, and when you dropped a quest you most probably had to contact a GM to tell you where to start again. otherwise you were fucked and couldnt start other quests since they only showed up when you completed the linear path in Front.

2. 1 Day for a level is not very fast, but fine if you dont play for long and dont optimize everything on speed.

3. I dont see so much repetition while questing besides getting the same type of quests again and again, like loot 10 of that, kill 20 of such and so on. But well you have this already from 1-85, nothing much changes here for MOP.

4. Even if there was or is repetition, it has an end not too far away. Lets say, out of curiosity you need 2 days for a level in MOP. That is highly exaggarated but for the sake of it lets assume this. So after 10 days you are 90, things are fine and repetition has come to an end. Having to do dailies for 60 days in a row without missing them one day, cause that would mean gimping your raid, is a completeley other subject.
    At first it simply doesnt take you so long, and secondly (more important i think) there is no gating involved in leveling.
    If you want it badly, sit down and level the heck out of your char and get from 85 to 90 in one big rush. Sure this means investing a 10 - 20 hour online session, which is not very desireable, but still if you want it it is possible.

5. If you always read the full questtext in your questlog, or do one quest, turn it in and then start the next one it might be a impelling and immersing quest expierience. If this is your style, np who am i to criticise it. BUT bare in mind that this comes at the cost of speed. You cant have it all and still beat everyone in terms of leveling speed. If you aim to get two levels a day, you might want to optimize you questing strategy a bit. Accept several quests, do all that are near toghether, turn them in. Have flasks and or buffood with you. Dont level in healing spec, not sure about prot spec tho i guess the damage output is tad low when dealing with single mobs (but thats rare).
    Level alone. Yeah i know this feels strange in an MMO, but in terms of speed, a partner mostly will hinder you. If you are a good team and both focused it can actually be beneficial, but thats rare as well. If you have no time constraints like "gotta be 90 by wednesday" you can level when there are additional expierience buffs active. Thanksgiving e.G.

6. Last but not least ALTS should NOT get an increased XP. What would this lead to? To people having level 90 chars and almost no clue about class mechanics or how to play them. Why is it no problem that exp requirements for MOP levels will get nerved before the new addon? Well since a new leveling is introduced you can shorten the old one without running into above told problems.

7. totally last and my personal opinion. In my eyes alts should rather get a decreased xp gain when leveling for several reasons.
    - Since its an alt, you are doing the stuff a second time already. So since you already did them sucessfully they are clearly easier now. you know where to go, what to click, what to wait for, maybe even knowing how to come by that abilities of the mob you need to kill.
    - There are way too much people out there with 8 or more level 90 chars which cant handle one of them to an extend that i would take em into my super casual still 5/16 raid oh wait we killed something last week 6/16.

Dont take point 7 too seriously, if someone plays the game to just have all classes on 90 and doesnt intend to raid i dont have any problem with that. Just because i couldnt make use of said player doesnt mean he is bad or wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it the first time

Bit stale the second

Really sick of on the third.

Won't be doing it for my 4th for a while :/

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    6. Last but not least ALTS should NOT get an increased XP. What would this lead to? To people having level 90 chars and almost no clue about class mechanics or how to play them. Why is it no problem that exp requirements for MOP levels will get nerved before the new addon? Well since a new leveling is introduced you can shorten the old one without running into above told problems.
    As if leveling gave a player ANY idea at all of a class/spec's mechanics in end game.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    7. totally last and my personal opinion. In my eyes alts should rather get a decreased xp gain when leveling for several reasons.
    - Since its an alt, you are doing the stuff a second time already. So since you already did them sucessfully they are clearly easier now. you know where to go, what to click, what to wait for, maybe even knowing how to come by that abilities of the mob you need to kill.
    - There are way too much people out there with 8 or more level 90 chars which cant handle one of them to an extend that i would take em into my super casual still 5/16 raid oh wait we killed something last week 6/16.

Dont take point 7 too seriously, if someone plays the game to just have all classes on 90 and doesnt intend to raid i dont have any problem with that. Just because i couldnt make use of said player doesnt mean he is bad or wrong.
    Because questing is so difficult that having experience doing it makes it easier.
    It does not. Questing isn't difficult, it's just time consuming. No amount of knowledge about them will make it go faster, because it's just mind-numbing grind.

Essentially, you're narrow-minded, inconsiderate and don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Exagerration. While opinions are fine and all, you happen to think the exp doesn't need any changes, there's no way a reasonable person would call 85-90 "very very fast." It's not like banging your head against a wall or anything, but I do find after the first 90 it's a pretty painful process to go through again.
    85-90 is significantly faster than 55-60 was in vanilla. Significnatly faster than 60-70 in TBC. Significantly faster than 70-80 in WotLK. Probably a bit slower than 80-85 in Cata due to flying mounts. So yes, I would consider 85-90 a very very fast leveling experience.

Calling my opinion "unreasonable" but your opinion "reasonable" is pure subjective BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound911 View Post
    Loved it the first time

Bit stale the second

Really sick of on the third.

Won't be doing it for my 4th for a while :/
    lol same reason i stopped lvling alts by the 3rd time i started getting headaches.

Took me ~ five hours to go from 86 to 87 (in /timeplayed)

I really do wish instances gave more xp. The upside of instancing for me are the near instant queues as tank.
    I'm still thinking about it...

No way MoP is linear. I have 3 90's and all of them took different routes to 90. My main dinged before Townsong and Dread Wastes, my hunter skipped Kun-lai and Townsong, my warrior skipped 4 Winds, Krasarang and Dread Wastes with rested. I feel the instances are more boring than anything, but you can grind those out, or pvp. It's a nice change of pace leveling in different ways.

MoP is barely 6months in, they have never nerfed leveling until the last patch of the expac, so it's stupid to assume they will this time. I love how the ONLY people that ever use the "LULZ U IZ BLIZZ FANBOI" defense are people that do nothing but whine about their own incompetence.

lol it's not at all hard to quest or do anything in WoW...as of MoP it's just insanely boring..I fixed my WoW issues by unsubscribing..Halo has a better story line than MoP.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    85-90 is significantly faster than 55-60 was in vanilla. Significnatly faster than 60-70 in TBC. Significantly faster than 70-80 in WotLK. Probably a bit slower than 80-85 in Cata due to flying mounts. So yes, I would consider 85-90 a very very fast leveling experience.

Calling my opinion "unreasonable" but your opinion "reasonable" is pure subjective BS.
    You're the only person calling 85-90 "very, very fast" that I've seen so far. The 'reasonable person standard' is subjective, but there's a reason it's called the reasonable person standard. Also, the 5 levels of an expansion 10 years after the game was released is not even remotely comparable to the last 5 of classic. You're just arguing for arguing's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    people wont rest until u start at max lvl with full BiS epix...

but y some1 said to get a xp boost for each of the "have many alts" achivements sounds like a good idea imo

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    people wont rest until u start at max lvl with full BiS epix...

but y some1 said to get a xp boost for each of the "have many alts" achivements sounds like a good idea imo
    why blizzard should invent new and complicated systems when there was a functional and collaudated one in place where everyone can decide if they wanna the boost or not? boa fly+heirlooms scalable to max level where there and everyone was free to decide to use them or not, they took it completely away for no reason other than tone down the number of alts in the first part of the xpack.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.