Thanks, Lemie and Undercroft. I'm off to join Angry Joe Mannoroth!

Deleted
    Two things I do not really understand:

1. Why is Felstorm so low on the priority list? Its off the GCD so for me it makes sense, that I use it as early as possible, single target, as well as aoe.

2. Is it really a dps increase when I dot all targets with doom before I use immolation aura? Because that feels wrong from ingame experience and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Two things I do not really understand:

1. Why is Felstorm so low on the priority list? Its off the GCD so for me it makes sense, that I use it as early as possible, single target, as well as aoe.

2. Is it really a dps increase when I dot all targets with doom before I use immolation aura? Because that feels wrong from ingame experience and logic.
    1. I'm not sure actually.

2. If you have the fury to keep immolation aura up while casting all the dooms you need to, then I see no reason to wait for immo aura, as you can cast your dooms while it's up. If you don't have the fury to do dooms as a result of it being up then it's a loss though.

How much DF are we pooling?

Do we pool 900 DF and dump it back to 750? Or is 750 the number we are pooling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    How much DF are we pooling?

Do we pool 900 DF and dump it back to 750? Or is 750 the number we are pooling?
    1) Pool fury when you don't have a reason to dump it. 2) Dump fury until the reason to dump expires. 3) Don't cap fury.

There's no lineup of fury #s to explain the above rules that would make any sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    1) Pool fury when you don't have a reason to dump it. 2) Dump fury until the reason to dump expires. 3) Don't cap fury.

There's no lineup of fury #s to explain the above rules that would make any sense whatsoever.

This is correct. Anything else is just silly play style that was generated by the terrible APL in Simcraft.

Zinni/Teye

With the way the trinkets are and the new Rppm way, I decided to go the 8100 Haste route. I find that if there are alot of adds, im pulling ahead of the other demo lock by a few thousand dps, but single target im falling behind. Im guessing this has all to do with Shadowflame dots. Is this expected?

Also will you be going full mastery or the haste route?

5.2 simcraft results just released, and are off at least from what I've read here. But specificly what I'm looking at is the gear sets used. Are these the sets everyone else was running for their sims? More imporantly the demo list is stacking crit to where it sits at 3k~ haste. and 5k~mastery.
    Last edited by ComaCanadian; 2013-03-06 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    5.2 simcraft results just released, and are off at least from what I've read here. But specificly what I'm looking at is the gear sets used. Are these the sets everyone else was running for their sims? More imporantly the demo list is stacking crit to where it sits at 3k~ haste. and 5k~mastery.
    The default set lists on simcraft have been stacking crit for demo since 5.0, take them with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Zinni/Teye

With the way the trinkets are and the new Rppm way, I decided to go the 8100 Haste route. I find that if there are alot of adds, im pulling ahead of the other demo lock by a few thousand dps, but single target im falling behind. Im guessing this has all to do with Shadowflame dots. Is this expected?

Also will you be going full mastery or the haste route?
    Once I get some 5.2 gear I am going to entertain the idea of going to 8.1k, but I haven't decided 100% yet. Crit is very devalued if \ when you start using Unerring Vision of Lei Shen and shouldn't be stacked at all.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-03-07 at 01:12 AM.

Why is it I sometimes see demo locks casting soul fire in meta form?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post

Its a dps increase now because of the 22% buff compared to ToC getting a 15% buff. Its only worth it if you have an Int proc active and plenty of Fury. Don't starve yourself.

what pet should i be using? is felguard still top?

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    what pet should i be using? is felguard still top?
    Yes, it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Because it costs so much fury as well, it works out to be a good way to dump fury if you find yourself swimming in it (due to shadowflame on loads of targets along with many imps up, etc).

Rather specific question that me and the other lock in my guild wern't totally sure about. On Magaera you're single targeting down 1 head and the other will heal after you kill the one you are currently on, in other words multi dotting is useless.

However does putting a Doom on the second target increase single target dps on the first target or not?

Obviously the actual dot ticks are wasted, but do the possible imp spawns and the damadge/fury they generate negate that loss? I guess first of all it depends on if a Wild Imp attacks the target that had the Doom that procced it or if it attacks the target that me and my other pets are attacking. I believe it attacks the target my other pets are on right?

So then the question is if loosing 60 fury and a gcd is worth the potential imp gains. It seems to me like it would be a loss in fury with my 18.5% crit raid buffed, as 1 imp generates 50 fury and on average you're not going to gain 1.2 imps from every Doom cast. But does the actual imp damadge make up for it? I'm guessing no, but thought it would be interesting to ask anyway.

Not that dps mattered a lot on normal but it would be good to know incase I'd be playing demo for hc.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Rather specific question that me and the other lock in my guild wern't totally sure about. On Magaera you're single targeting down 1 head and the other will heal after you kill the one you are currently on, in other words multi dotting is useless.

However does putting a Doom on the second target increase single target dps on the first target or not?

Obviously the actual dot ticks are wasted, but do the possible imp spawns and the damadge/fury they generate negate that loss? I guess first of all it depends on if a Wild Imp attacks the target that had the Doom that procced it or if it attacks the target that me and my other pets are attacking. I believe it attacks the target my other pets are on right?

So then the question is if loosing 60 fury and a gcd is worth the potential imp gains. It seems to me like it would be a loss in fury with my 18.5% crit raid buffed, as 1 imp generates 50 fury and on average you're not going to gain 1.2 imps from every Doom cast. But does the actual imp damadge make up for it? I'm guessing no, but thought it would be interesting to ask anyway.

Not that dps mattered a lot on normal but it would be good to know incase I'd be playing demo for hc.
    Imp attacks the target that the doom crit on.

Corruption might be worth it for the fury gain, but I doubt Doom is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Imp attacks the target that the doom crit on.

Corruption might be worth it for the fury gain, but I doubt Doom is.
    Nope, the Imps will go to your target.

I realize I am behind the curve here, but simple question:

Should I still only be refreshing Corruption with ToC and aiming to never have to hard cast it? I feel like it goes against the idea of "only go into Meta when you are going to fury cap or have procs up"

Thanks for the help!

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Did the buffs bring demo above affliction in single target? Those buffs looked great before i saw the simcraft rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    Did the buffs bring demo above affliction in single target? Those buffs looked great before i saw the simcraft rankings.
    Currently Demo is better then affliction on single target(if played correctly, this is a strong point), once affliction starts gearing and gets their legendary meta gem it's going to blow demo out of the water, especially come heroics when gosac starts to scale its way up.