Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Griefing / Ganking =/= PVPing.

Its like the sad people that go around lowbie zones because they can't compete at a fair level, so they take some ridiculous pride from killing somebody that has absolutely no chance.

Don't see any point in it.

World PVP , between even levels and groups is entertaining as hell, and a reason I'm on a pvp server.
    Griefing is needy and pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's griefing, textbook griefing.

You guys deserve a week off for that crap
    My thoughts exactly.

PvP usually involves the other side being able to fight back. Once it becomes a prolonged one sided
    massacre which denies the use of the zone from the other faction you might wanna do what the GM
    tells you.

So a multi-boxer killing ALL THE VENDORS is ok....???!?!? GTFO Blizzard

--> Ally on KJ server, but not in this guild...might have to look into it thou
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Say it with me now.

They were causing not just zone-wide disturbance, but server-wide disturbance with unworkable lag.
    Apparently the more thick-headed people here can't understand this.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is one thing causing server stress is quite another. Swifty got banned for having too many people show up and crash a realm, they were preventing that. Honestly I think the GL of that guild was being a douche about it, when it was explained to him.

--> Ally on KJ... tell that to the horde 40 boxer that camped the ally pvp vendors for a few hours. Do you see blizz telling him that he is "griefing" players... I would guess not and imo rightfully so. If ur outgunned you go do something else for a bit until they get bored... not open a ticket complaining how life isnt fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlix View Post
    --> Ally on KJ... tell that to the horde 40 boxer that camped the ally pvp vendors for a few hours. Do you see blizz telling him that he is "griefing" players... I would guess not and imo rightfully so. If ur outgunned you go do something else for a bit until they get bored... not open a ticket complaining how life isnt fair.
    In this case, a lot of people who made tickets might have just thought it was a bugged quest, given all they know is they accept a ride and then wake up at the GY post loading screen.

Equally, blizzard might have had no complaints, and just wanted to see who was making their server fall over.

Either way, griefing like this is both lame and not pvp.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's... not how war works. You don't wait for your enemies to land and establish a foothold, in the quest to go to Twilight Highlands the Horde and Alliance fleets engaged off the coast. I'm sure Nazi Germany politely waited for the Allies to get up off the beach of Normandy before firing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    That's... not how war works. You don't wait for your enemies to land and establish a foothold, in the quest to go to Twilight Highlands the Horde and Alliance fleets engaged off the coast. I'm sure Nazi Germany politely waited for the Allies to get up off the beach of Normandy before firing.
    This is not real life, stop comparing a game to real life seriously you look silly when you do so. Players were on load screen, found themselves dead before they even managed to load. Then you had the raid of 40-60 players spamming AoE's on that boat causing Server lag which is a bannable offense on both PvP and PvE servers. GM politely asked them to remove themselves from the boat, it was justified.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But this is a game about war. It's right there in the title, here I'll bold it for you:
    World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is a game about war. It's right there in the title, here I'll bold it for you:
    World of Warcraft
    Not the point, you're comparing a game to Nazi Germany and military tactics, really? Does real life have loading screens too then? "Sorry Sir, I was wounded because I was stuck at a loading screen and they fired at me before I could load!"
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-03-06 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Ynb5FNY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ztwiTrJ.jpg

So, with the release of the recent patch, most people can probably imagine that lots of new opportunities for spontaneous WPvP were created. The GM of the guild of Ruinous, shown in the screenshot, was ordered by a GM to have his guild evacuate the Isle of Thunder since they were essentially WPvPing heavily there and slaughtering any members of the opposing faction that appeared.

This happened on Kil'jaeden-US, which is a PvP server.

Does this reflect Blizzard's new policy on WPvP on PvP servers, ganking, etc? If so, how does this make sense lol? Blizzard, at least in the form of this GM for the moment, is actively telling players that they'll be temporarily suspended from the game if they PvP in a contested zone. That's beyond idiotic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155915525
    I was just reading this on the blizzard forums. So pathetic really, that they would try and can players establishing their factions Dominance over the horde.

Infact, this whole patch is bout over coming the enemy faction... and this is how the GMs respond rofl.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Not the point, you're comparing a game to Nazi Germany and military tactics, really? Does real life have loading screens too then? "Sorry Sir, I was wounded because I was stuck at a loading screen and they fired at me before I could load!"
    Honestly. they could take the death, Mass up on the beach, and wipe the boat. But their faction is weak.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    I was just reading this on the blizzard forums. So pathetic really, that they would try and can players establishing their factions Dominance over the horde.

Infact, this whole patch is bout over coming the enemy faction... and this is how the GMs respond rofl.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:28 PM ----------

Honestly. they could take the death, Mass up on the beach, and wipe the boat. But their faction is weak.
    Player on their server:
    Quote Originally Posted by archeye
    See I was actually there when this happened and can shed a little bit more insight that the OP simply forgot to mention from his post. This group of Alliance which consisted of roughly 40-60 players, sat on the Horde boat that all members who start the quest progression of the Isle of Thunder start on. Which, wouldn't be a problem if it were general PvP, however that wasn't the case.

This group of 40-60 alliance sat and spammed constant AoE on the landing spot for all Horde for 4+ straight hours. Making it impossible for anyone to actually fight back until hours later when some raids came by and attempted to push them off the boat. The near instant death, wasn't even the biggest issue this was a problem. The constant spam of people caused so much server lag that you couldn't even speak to a quest giver without a 10 second delay, thus causing zone disruption. Many people had their characters die so many times and were unable to handle the lag and survive the 4 hour AoE spam that they were unable to even see any of the Isle of Thunder content.

So that's what actually happened. It wasn't a random WPvP ganking going on, it was a continuous single location AoE spam of 40-60 Alliance causing zone disruption and preventing players from progressing with the Isle of Thunder because they were spamming the spawn location for the zone.
    Read through some of this thread's posts yeah? You can't really do much retaliation when there's a 10 second delay because of 40-60 alliance players spamming their AoE's on said boat.

Im having trouble understanding why a guild spamming aoe in one location lags a whole server. Was it just that island that was lagging or was it ogrimmar, stormwind, desolace, burning steppes etc etc. I have trouble believeing that 100ish players spamming spells in one area makes the entire server lag rather than just that area.

Also if its lagging for you its lagging for them, so stop with the 10 secs to cast spells BS cuz they are fighting under the same lag.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft
    It's also called WORLD , it is not as big as the world! Oh no!

Seriously , its a videogame, that is meant to be enjoyed . If the manner in which certain people grief completely inhibits others experience then they should be banned. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can see that. Also, they griefed the ship, which, now that I think about it, means it was impossible for the other side to form up and fight back. They'd all be dead before the loading screen finished. That's not honorable. That's just being dicks.
    This. From those screenshots, they were simply told to leave the ship, not the island itself. I see nothing wrong with that judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Im having trouble understanding why a guild spamming aoe in one location lags a whole server. Was it just that island that was lagging or was it ogrimmar, stormwind, desolace, burning steppes etc etc. I have trouble believeing that 100ish players spamming spells in one area makes the entire server lag rather than just that area.

Also if its lagging for you its lagging for them, so stop with the 10 secs to cast spells BS cuz they are fighting under the same lag.
    Then where's the WPvP when there's nothing but lag because one side has to stress the World Server? Why do they need to spam AoE's and stress the server? It no longer becomes fair play because it then moves into Zone Disruption and the GameMasters get involved which is acceptable and justifiable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent logged into this account in a long time, but i just wanted to tell the people in this thread that THIS GUILD HAS PURPOSEFULLY CRASHED THE SERVER MULTIPLE TIMES OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS. They have 1000 people on call and the only rule of the guild is that when the Arkaos announces a "pvp event", you drop all your shit and aoe wherever the group is going. I remember having this problem multiple times in the beginning of cata, where the entire guild would bring 600 people into org and aoe, and crash the world server after 2 minutes. this guild doesnt actually pvp at all, they just call massive amounts of people to aoe and crash the server. they also come into horde trade chat and spam dumb messages for their guild, they are without a doubt the most obnoxious annoying guild i have ever had the displeasure of seeing in this game.
    weeee!

Deleted
    While I suspect there's more to it than just a little bit of organized world pvp, it's still on a PvP server and there are risks to that. It seems harsh to discipline players this way.

However, I'm fairly certain there were less PvP and more outright griefing. I don't think this guild deals in fair fights, so to speak. But still, griefing is an inherent risk on PvP servers.

Deleted
    Fantastically chuckleworthy... that Blizzard underestimates how douchebaggery the general wow populace has become. Also a telling sign to see all those "wut blizzard doesnt allow pvp" when in this case you cannot call camping a spawnpoint pvp in any way or form. If you think that is pvp, grats, your a total douchebag.