Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elder Charms in 5.2

Bashiok posted a few of these things in reference to Elder Charms in 5.2 on the official forums:

Drop chances of gear in 5.0 raids have been increased substantially with 5.2, so even without the coins you have a much better chance of getting loot now than you did before even with a normal roll and a coin.
    Also keep in mind the new 5.2 content isn't exclusive to people that have done all of the 5.0/5.1 content. It's tuned a little tougher but still someone can level to 90, jump straight to the Isle of Thunder, and start doing stuff on the island and finding Elder Charms. Even if you're still working on 5.0 raids, you should be looking to do some of the new 5.2 content.

The Elder Charms also drop fairly frequently on the isle.
    Considering you can almost literally find them just laying around in chests on the island, I wouldn't say it's necessarily harder to obtain them. Getting 90 Lesser Charms to convert into 3 probably took more time than it'll take to find 3 on the island.
    Having done the dailies on three characters yesterday and again this morning, does anyone have any more information about these? Trying to gear up alts and being able to for example, que multiple times for Terrace to keep using Charms for tier and weapons on the third and fourth boss would be rather beneficial but I have yet to see one just randomly drop which is supposedly frequent and I haven't seen any of these chests just laying around that he mentioned in another post. Other than the final completion quest that gives you the chest similar to completing your Golden Lotus dailies for the day, has anyone seen a source of Elder Charms like Bashiok claims to just be common all around the new island?

Doing the dailies six times between my characters leads me to believe that if he claims it's easier to find three than to get the three through ninety lesser charms I would have seen one somewhere.

Find a key to do the weekly solo treasure trove scenario, I got 17 elder coins in that yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Find a key to do the weekly solo treasure trove scenario, I got 17 elder coins in that yesterday
    Damn I only got 10 I didn't get to the boss either cause I couldnt find that polymorphic key or whatever it was called.

Which key is this... i think i got one.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Ya I thought 17 was a little ridiculous. 15 in the main scenario then another 2 from the bonus chests afterwords. I didn't get to the end either I just ran quickly from chest to chest opening as many as I could.

This key: http://www.wowdb.com/items/94222-key...ce-of-lei-shen

Drops randomly off rares or the summoned guys.

That's awesome. I have three keys but I didn't know elder charms were so plentiful in it. If you could point me in a further direction to learn how to at least do alright enough to grab 8+ that would be excellent.

Deleted
    Has anyone noticed an increase in LFR Drops?`I had the same 0 items as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Which key is this... i think i got one.
    Key to the Palace of Lei Shen

Seems to have a really low drop chance.

I was talking about the Elder Charm issue with a friend last night and it seems to me that they should've made Elder Charms drop off all level 90 mobs, not just on the Isle of Thunder. From my experience there last night, I think it would be fairly difficult for a fresh 90 to do the quests there. It would make more sense for them to drop while doing the 5.0/5.1 dailies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post

I was talking about the Elder Charm issue with a friend last night and it seems to me that they should've made Elder Charms drop off all level 90 mobs, not just on the Isle of Thunder. From my experience there last night, I think it would be fairly difficult for a fresh 90 to do the quests there. It would make more sense for them to drop while doing the 5.0/5.1 dailies as well.
    Aww yeah i snagged one of these awesome.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Same here, two bags of gold from twelve bosses so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post

I agree, there is definitely a step up in difficulty between the 5.0 daily quest mobs and the 5.2 mobs. There was a long discussion on this topic overnight, with Bashiok essentially refuting any chance that the system would be changed.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/256115-elder-charms/

His argument boils down to "Even if you're still working on 5.0 raids, you should be looking to do some of the new 5.2 content." I read that as "Even if you're still working on 5.0 raids, we'll make you do some of the new 5.2 content if you want bonus rolls for 5.0 bosses." Interesting design philosophy.

Deleted
    So what do we do with all the lessers now?

Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    So what do we do with all the lessers now?
    Turn them in for Mogu Runes of Fate, the Elder Charm equivalent for 5.2 raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye that's what I'm planning on doing. I've got the key but I decided to wait and find some guides and videos of people doing it so that I could maximise the use of the key.
    I take it the key is used up when you do the solo scenario?

I got a key, but I'm not gonna use it till this weekend. Someone in my guild got dc'ed halfway through it when he tried and I've heard similar stories in general chat. I'm hoping they fix that issue before I try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    I'm thinking they whiffed on this tbqh, as I've not gotten shit since, even with using tokens.

Deleted
    This.

I've got 22 charms today, have 6 stuck in fortuitous coffers that I can't open due to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    This.

I've got 22 charms today, have 6 stuck in fortuitous coffers that I can't open due to the cap.
    You can spend some at the vendors on the boat/in the shado-pan cave to get items that make the treasure scenario easier.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I dont understand why this is an issue.

First - Zandalari Warbringers and Scouts drop rep tokens for old reps.
    Second - as stated, the loot runs are great for getting tokens.
    Third - Blizz stated that the drop rates have been increased more than 2 fold - meaning you get an effective "token" roll every time.
    Fourth - Go do the new dailies, guaranteed 476 and better loot eventually...
    Fifth - Go level blacksmithing in the next week to get a 476 weapon
    Sixth and lastly - I have multiple toons and I have extreme problems even getting enough tokens to run LFR with (5.1 speaking). The sheer number of dailies you have to do to get 90 lessers for 3 extra rolls is almost silly and pointless unless you're really trying to max a toon out.

I would just be happy that your chances of loot are better than before, with the new LFR coming out you really want to spend 180 tokens (90 for old 90 for new) each week per alt to get some extra rolls on loot which could be obsolete in days or a week? This issue seems overblown - and the one dude who said "ZOMG Blizz Hotixes immediately..." - he made me laugh.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    You can spend some at the vendors on the boat/in the shado-pan cave to get items that make the treasure scenario easier.
    Sadly, the potions that make it easier require rep levels....So we're not going to see fully buffed out toons doing treasure runs for at least a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately getting a second key is a pain and the potions would take up as much inventory space as the chests.

Hoping to get another key soon, since the scenario was ludicrously fun and I was messing around mostly, will be nice to go in there with an idea of what I'm doing.

Any warlock doing it should be abusing demonic circle like a boss, it's great in some places.