Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    16/16 heroic guild doesn't see why people are having trouble on Horridon. More at 11.
    My guild two-shot it.
    First two doors we just killed the adds, on the third we used BL and nuked the warlords, the last door we just AoE'd the bears down.
    I can see how raids with low dps can have a problem with it, but you don't need THAT good dps for it to die.

We just killed it, with the 2nd gate being the trickiest one but just have a healer pop some cd's and it's cool. Overall fun fight
    Killed it on 2nd pull with 3 healers.

The part a lot of guilds fail at is having any planning whatsoever. Do the mechanics typically and you can get through it.

EG: 3 powerful adds appear in every set, burn them down before even touching the silly dinomancer or horridon. Use those interrupts and stuns the developers gave you. And that is pretty much the keys to the fight.

Lol, patch has been out for what, a few hours and you're already complaining that it's too hard, good fucking god.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

this boss an ele shaman comes in handy here not only will there dps be pretty high but earthquake can be used to stop casting. i was extremely effective last night.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Since the somewhat random aggro and positioning were already brought up, from anyone who doesn't mind sharing, where are people tanking Horridon? We started doing it next to the gates for cleave damage based on one of the PTR overview guides, until we realized that the adds were coming from the top and going all over the place, and that single-targeting was the better way to go. Are you just supposed to keep him in the middle of the room?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Since the somewhat random aggro and positioning were already brought up, from anyone who doesn't mind sharing, where are people tanking Horridon? We started doing it next to the gates for cleave damage based on one of the PTR overview guides, until we realized that the adds were coming from the top and going all over the place, and that single-targeting was the better way to go. Are you just supposed to keep him in the middle of the room?
    Tanked it right next to the adds on all 3 kills, seemed to be the easiest way to do it.

Boss || Adds + Raid
    Tank ||
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

If you struggle on horridon, there is no chance for you on Council of Elders. That fight is even harder and amplified by about 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    If you struggle on horridon, there is no chance for you on Council of Elders. That fight is even harder and amplified by about 20.
    Not for 25man. Being able to plant people to permanently interrupt without missing out on the dps check simplifies the fight drastically.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Yes. Adds on Horridon had some wierd ass aggro table, on my DK and my Warrior (And my warlock), I noticed something funky going on with the threat.
    Unless you're meaning the adds that are supposed to not have an aggro table, AKA Door3.
    As for dispells, utilize Revival.
    Yeah, I'm a prot pally and not just the 3rd phase door but all the adds were dropping threat even after a Avengers Shield to the face (yes righteous fury is on lulz) so idk. For context we were 8/16 pre 5.2.

Deleted
    We managed to 2 shot also. It didn't pose much of a problem as long as your raid is co-ordinated as there can be alot going on at any given time.

We also found Bloodlust on the third door to be stupidly useful after our tank was pretty much one shot by 2 warlords using mortal strike near instantaneously. Kill the bears on 4th Door and then Focus the War God in P2. I think the 'hard' part of the fight, is co-ordinating everything as a team from dispels, to interrupts while maximising damage/healing. For a guild far into Heroics last tier - it shouldn't pose much of a problem, for guilds that may get a couple/few Heroics down this tier/last tier, it may prove more difficult which seems to be the case so far.

Also, don't forget. LFR drops 502 ilvl gear. It is aimed for groups with at least 502 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhewn View Post
    Yeah, I'm a prot pally and not just the 3rd phase door but all the adds were dropping threat even after a Avengers Shield to the face (yes righteous fury is on lulz) so idk. For context we were 8/16 pre 5.2.
    I would go balls deep into an add and it would jump off to someones shitty geared alt, meanwhile our 1/3 mains in the group aren't getting threat. It seemed pretty wierd, the aggro tables probably need some looking at. All 3 of our guilds tanks whom are their mains (514/513/513) had the same issue in the 3 clears, adds just generally doing whatever they want.
    Door 3 was working as intended, but I have no idea what's going on with the others.
    Raxxykins

Seems to me that without a mistweaver the poison door is exponentially more difficult. My guild has a lot of derpy melee so interrupt were bad too. But we just couldn't cleanse the poisons fast enough.

Deleted
    To those talking about aggro drops on the 3rd door adds: It actually says they do that in the Dungeon Guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    To those talking about aggro drops on the 3rd door adds: It actually says they do that in the Dungeon Guide.
    Where did we say the third gate was an issue?
    We said the third gate is working as intended.
    The OTHER doors are dropping threat.
    Raxxykins

My guild was 13/16HM and we cleared it last night. We used to 2 healers and our tanks were pally/brewmaster.

Gate one we had our hunter kill the stonegazers when ever up and we focused the Wastewalkers/Dinomancers

Gate two was by far the hardest for us. The bloodlords can be ignored for the most part, and the venom preists need to be silenced/interupted on every cast and burned down quickly. We had a mage foucs the Venomous Effusion and anyone who could disspell was doing it.

Gate three we all burned the Risen Drakkari Champions/Risen Drakkari Warriors as fast as we could. They cant be tanked and the disease is brutal. For the Drakkari Frozen Warlords Just avoid the orbs and get cleave on them if you can. We had 2 up going into the next door and it wasnt an issue killing them befor the next set.

Gate four you need to interrupt/stun flamecasters and kill shamans/bears. I dont remember 2 much about gate 4 but is seemed pretty easy since we only saw it once and we got the kill.

Once you can get past the 4th gate the fight is a joke and its GG.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    16/16 heroic guild doesn't see why people are having trouble on Horridon. More at 11.
    I do have to giggle at the 16/16Heroic guilds calling normal modes easy and stating it's easy if everyone plays like a heroic mode raiding guild. There is a reason we're not all 16/16H, same reason we all don't play in the NBA\NFL\NHL

Deleted
    Hi
    Down in 12 try
    3 healers (disci drood sham) 2 tanks 3 melee et 2 casters
    Very hard as a healer, a lot of dispell
    Last gate and phase 2 are a joke

I m 500 ilvl and my group was beetween 495 and 505 ilvl
    Very nice encounter, tuned for groups like ours i think but definitly doable
    2 healing it can solve many issues but for our normal progression we prefer to 3 heal most of the fight, witch is nice if you have a disci (i dps a lot on that fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I do have to giggle at the 16/16Heroic guilds calling normal modes easy and stating it's easy if everyone plays like a heroic mode raiding guild. There is a reason we're not all 16/16H, same reason we all don't play in the NBA\NFL\NHL
    The reason people don't play pro sports is because they don't have the natural talent and ability.

The reason people don't play pro WoW is because they don't have the time.

I think part of the reason tuning might come up is because the vast difference in ilevel between tiers, coupled with the expontential gap in stats on gear due to the previous point, as well as the stat bloat. Heroic groups are going to have an easier time going into ToT because they're quite overgeared. There's a 26-33 ilevel difference between normal mode tier 14 and normal mode tier 15, that's pretty big.