Poll: Tome of the Clear Mind?

Tome of the Clear Mind - necessary or just plain annoying?

Whats the point of having to buy Tome of the Clear Mind to reset your talent points? It doesnt really add any restrictions just a lot of annoyance. My main is monk. I like to PVE as mistweaver and PVP and PVE as windwalker. So im constantly changing my talent points and glyphs around, and im tired of seeing that I've ran out of these reagents and have to go buy more. sure I can buy a ton but it just takes up bag space. It's pretty much like back in the day when you had to buy reagents to use certain abilities. My suggestion is that it should just directly reduce gold from your pocket everytime you switch talent points or glyphs so there is still a penalty when switching talents/glyphs but removing having to buy and store raegents which takes no skill at all

Moderator Note: Fixed the thread title for you - Eschaton
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-06 at 04:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I think your idea is quite good, I am not bothered by those tomes. I'd always stock up on them before a raid/battleground and never ran out of them when I really needed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to be turned into currency so that I can buy ten thousand of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if they were changed so it takes currency to buy then it would be unlimited and not take up any bag space, it would just depend on if you have enough gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I want this. I'd buy at least a few hundred, if not more. It can be quite annoying, changing out glyphs, and talents for PvE/PvP as well as for testing out new things in raids etc.

I would just like to point out your poll options are "a bit" biased. There's a huge line between "Necessary" and "Useless and annoying". I think there's few people who think it's a necessity, but more who think of it as a good way to keep the game from going straight to more menus. A lot has been moved from the world to the interface, so to keep a few left is cool. At least that's how I look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    I would just like to point out your poll options are "a bit" biased. There's a huge line between "Necessary" and "Useless and annoying". I think there's few people who think it's a necessity, but more who think of it as a good way to keep the game from going straight to more menus. A lot has been moved from the world to the interface, so to keep a few left is cool. At least that's how I look at it.
    I dont see how its biased at all. it's either yes, you need it in a form of reagents or no, its not needed in the form of reagents. Its clearly not adding any fun or skill check to the game and I assume the point of having tomes is to add some limitations and i agree it should have limitations but the approach with tomes is not correct imo. What was the point of removing reagents then adding tome?

I mean its never really bothered me since I carry around so many of them at once. I just voted no since if I was in a position where I had very little gold to spend I would probably not want to waste it on things like tomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I mean its never really bothered me since I carry around so many of them at once. I just voted no since if I was in a position where I had very little gold to spend I would probably not want to waste it on things like tomes.
    ehh well with my 'solution' you wouldnt* have to waste so much bag space. And you voted "no?" because you rather not have to spend gold at all? My point was to remove this wannabe reagent but still have a little gold sink to penalize the player still
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-03-06 at 11:55 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's 3 options here, and this is probably the best one.

1. Have to return to your trainer. This pretty much means you're stuck with 1 set of talents and glyphs in your raid. Low customization.

2. This system. You can change on the fly, but there's a resource limit (or Cooldown) to preserve the impact of your choice. Decent customization.

3. You can change on the fly with no cost. Your choice becomes useless as you change pull by pull to what is optimal for that specific trash pack. No customization.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    3. You can change on the fly with no cost. Your choice becomes useless as you change pull by pull to what is optimal for that specific trash pack. No customization.
    Actually the current system is basically you can change on the fly with no cost. What's the cost of the tome? like 50 silver? You get like what 20 per stack? If it was something stupid like 5 or 3 then yea it would be preseve the impact of the choice but the reality is that it's really not a hindrance at all.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-06 at 11:54 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually the current system is basically you can change on the fly with no cost. What's the cost of the tome? like 50 silver? You get like what 20 per stack? If it was something stupid like 5 or 3 then yea it would be preseve the impact of the choice but the reality is that it's really not a hindrance at all.
    Well right now you got a resource requirement. Assuming you don't carry multiple stacks, you won't be changing every single pull. Personally I'd like it to be a straight CD, maybe 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well right now you got a resource requirement. Assuming you don't carry multiple stacks, you won't be changing every single pull. Personally I'd like it to be a straight CD, maybe 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
    Well why couldn't you carry multiple stacks? Like I sorta get his complaint because frankly the tomes don't act as an impedance at all for the purposes of giving your choices weight. They just take up another bag space and make you go out of your way to buy them. They aren't providing any significant game play value other than that. Maybe from an RP perspective?

Really it is a small complaint though. I get that it bugs you but theirs lots of worse shit in wow to be upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say have it as a currency, just like charms are.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Well why couldn't you carry multiple stacks? Like I sorta get his complaint because frankly the tomes don't act as an impedance at all for the purposes of giving your choices weight. They just take up another bag space and make you go out of your way to buy them. They aren't providing any significant game play value other than that. Maybe from an RP perspective?

Really it is a small complaint though. I get that it bugs you but theirs lots of worse shit in wow to be upset about.
    because bagspace. I have 4 royal satchels on me and 7 on my bank. the banks is full and my free bag slots are few. all the BoE stuff are on my bank alt. I don't want to delete or vendor any of the itens I'm carrying (most have some sort of sentimental value). so I can't really carry more than one stack of tomes.

good thing I can buy more tomes wherever I am with my argent gruntling. he has a 4 hours CD though, but that's more than enough
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.