Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Impressions of Ret PvP 5.2?

I'm just curious as to what other Rets feel about the state of Ret PvP now.

I know 5.2 just hit, so it hasn't really given a whole lot of time for impressions, but I'm interested in the big picture. How do you feel we compare to others classes with all of the "adjustments" and "balancing" that has been done, both to Rets and other classes. Do we feel more viable?

I'm mainly interested in actual PvP experience after 5.2, not so much theory crafting.

I'll eventually get around to testing it on my own, but with my schedule it will probably take a while, so that is why I am curious about other peoples impressions.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started and my gear atm is HORRIBLE but I do enjoy the new SoJ.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was doing dailies and was able to kill most gankers. Then again random groups of idiots just randomly ganking are not a good source of pro players.

Can't tell properly till new Arena season, one thing is for sure. Better than 5.1.

I have about 11000 STR and 58 pvp power. FOL has been critting for 130k which i do like. Regular is 60k.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys seal switching or staying with SoJ?

My first experience of 5.2 was terrible. The server is online, I log in. I call my mate (a rogue), to duel because he was excited of the new changes and had been talking about these for days .

The result is simple, and absolutly not exagerated :

- Yesterday, on 10 duels, I won 9.
    - Today, on 10 duels, I lost 9.

I think I have to work things again, but I was so disappointed that I logged off just after. I hope rogues are an exception or that it's just a matter of re-learning tactics. If all classes got the same " updates ", I think I'll go through hard times.

i just feel like people are aware we got buffed damage wise so they head for the retlol first. but there is the problem. not much survival when being chain stunned /cc'd/feared, so for me it feels like we are back to square one again-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

My pally isn't at 90 yet (QQ leveled DK first /wrists) but I noticed a fairly substantial dps increase. Supplication FoL is pretty good, but self-healing otherwise is kind of shit, survival is still meh. Thinking about switching to the new Eternal Flame, 30s HoT is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    My first experience of 5.2 was terrible. The server is online, I log in. I call my mate (a rogue), to duel because he was excited of the new changes and had been talking about these for days .

The result is simple, and absolutly not exagerated :

- Yesterday, on 10 duels, I won 9.
    - Today, on 10 duels, I lost 9.

I think I have to work things again, but I was so disappointed that I logged off just after. I hope rogues are an exception or that it's just a matter of re-learning tactics. If all classes got the same " updates ", I think I'll go through hard times.
    Yeah, what ever pathetic little buffs we got are completely overshadowed by much bigger buffs to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    i just feel like people are aware we got buffed damage wise so they head for the retlol first. but there is the problem. not much survival when being chain stunned /cc'd/feared, so for me it feels like we are back to square one again-
    That's my fear.

I logged on briefly to mess around with some of the talents and seals on a target dummy, and the heals are noticeable. But once again I worry that once we get CCd, game pretty much over.

I haven't done any duels or BGs yet, (no time), but I was just checking to see if there is the small possibility that we might be ok because of the balancing done to other classes. That's why I was hoping to hear from others PvP experience that we might be alright. Of course the real test will be when the next season begins, but I was just trying to get a feel of the overall impressions for Ret PvP at the moment.

Here is what will happen.

Joe Bro who probably plays a warrior or rogue will play arena. He will completely crap on Rets for about 9 games straight. On the last game, the opposing Ret will pop Wings, Trinket, and FOL his dying buddy for 150K HP, allowing them to win the game by skin of teeth.

Joe Bro and others like him will flock to the forums and QQ that Ret is OP. (this is already happening, BTW)

Blizzard sees that Ret is overrepped anyway, so eh, why the hell not. Nerf.

We all spend 5.2 raiding instead. But don't worrry, one (or was it two?) of us will still get Glad at the end of season. The rest will go Holy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Here is what will happen.

Joe Bro who probably plays a warrior or rogue will play arena. He will completely crap on Rets for about 9 games straight. On the last game, the opposing Ret will pop Wings, Trinket, and FOL his dying buddy for 150K HP, allowing them to win the game by skin of teeth.

Joe Bro and others like him will flock to the forums and QQ that Ret is OP. (this is already happening, BTW)

Blizzard sees that Ret is overrepped anyway, so eh, why the hell not. Nerf.

We all spend 5.2 raiding instead. But don't worrry, one (or was it two?) of us will still get Glad at the end of season. The rest will go Holy.
    What buff are people upset about?

I'm enjoying it so far.

Healing is much better, Damage is a little bit stronger, and utility is slightly better.

Ret is still far from being the best spec for pvp but I can safely say that this season will be better than last.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    What buff are people upset about?
    Flash of light can crit for 150K with everything popped. That's pretty much it

Selfless healer ftw. But I'm getting trained by rogues now...

Didn't WoG used to heal for like 200k in Cata, albeit a CD, but still. It seems like you guys are happy, so.. Enjoy

Deleted
    I feel like we are still shit compared to... well, compared to everything.

You can't compete with other melees, casters have a shitton of cc (i'm feared 24/7) and your shitty burst gets cc'ed in 0 seconds.

I came back two weeks ago but I'm thinking about leaving already... I couldn't feel more depressed.

The spec is dead until it gets a CC with more than a 10 yards range, no one is going to take someone with nothing to contribute to a CC chain, unless the CC target is dumb enough to come stand next to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    The spec is dead until it gets a CC with more than a 10 yards range, no one is going to take someone with nothing to contribute to a CC chain, unless the CC target is dumb enough to come stand next to us.
    I doubt there's any chance Ret will get an exclusive CC on top of Hammer *and* Repentance talent.

edit: and Blinding Light