Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Patience is key. You can't just rush and grab the spirits because if the other one is too close, you'll get both and it's more than certainly a wipe due to the stacking MS debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pythons were probably some of the most fun parts of the trash. Spend 20 minutes traversing frogger on crack just to watch your friends get their face eaten off by ninja pythons. Overall, I think the trash is fun, but I can tell it's going to get real fucking old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trash before C'thun would like a word with you.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once we went at it with organisation, they went down in no time.
    On the first bridge, you can sit in between sections of air and just move left / right to avoid the blue patrols, no need to pull all the way back.
    Get one person only to move foward, and pick up one spirit, and then return to the stacked raid on the safety portion. Wait for your debuff to clear before the assigned person goes out and picks up the 2nd.

For bridge two, the same thing, but the safety margins are now alongside the bridge rather than across it. To dodge the blue patrol, just move to the other side of the bridge. Keep having your assigned tank go pull the spirits one at a time, and wait between pulls.

Generally, you can also have the whole raid move up after you've killed one of the spirits for each section, so you have some sort of progress.

For the ringed area, stack up in the middle, and whoever gets targeted by the beam has to move out of the raid to a safe area in the ring.
    For the mogu at the end spread out and make sure people targeted by the lightning cloud don't hit another person with their explosion ring.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild were having laughs all around during that trash, but I find that trash annoying and time consuming. Like I said last night, "Whoever made this trash probably got a raise from Blizzard."

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Maybe some tips how to handle it?
    Here is the basic information on the tormented spirit mobs.

- They are constantly channeling an AoE spell (even though they have no cast bar) that pulses shadow damage as well as stacking a healing reduction debuff on the whole raid with every tick.
    - They will aggro to any target in their attack range, which is roughly 40 yards, so if you can hit them, they can hit you.
    - To pull them, it is recommended you have a pet class (we used a hunter) to pet aggro them, then pull them to the group
    - The group should remain stacked as tight as possible to make raid healing easier.
    - At 3-4 stacks of the debuff, start using raid cd's such as PW:Barrier, Devotion Aura, Anti-Magic Zone, etc to mitigate incoming damage as healing will be greatly reduced.

The bridge itself
    - There are safe points where the winds will not push you off the bridge. On the first bridge, they are bars across the bridge every 30 yards or so. On the second bridge, the safe points are the shoulders that are to the left and right of the center path.
    - Each safe point on the first bridge is within aggro range of a pair of tormented spirits. You can pull 1 spirit provided the entire raid remains pushed to one side of the bridge. If your raid is spread across the bridge from left to right, you will most likely aggro both mobs. (Again, pulling with a pet will allow you to drag them back to a safe distance 1 at a time)

For the record, I absolutley hate this trash. Ignoring the fact that this trash took us almost 30 minutes to do (compared to 20 minutes to get to, strategize, attempt and kill jin'rokh), it's just a colossal pain in the ass. Put in a mechanic that repeatedly knocks people into the abyss where they can't be resurrected, now add a mortal strike so its near impossible to heal without cooldowns (first trash I've ever had to coordinate cd's by the way, and I do mean ever), and then make it almost impossible to even control the pull by grabbing 1 at a time unless you have a pet class, and even then its risky and you might get 2. Yeah, that's "fun".
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2013-03-06 at 03:07 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Put in a mechanic that repeatedly knocks people into the abyss where they can't be resurrected
    In all fairness, anyone who died by getting knocked off after learning that the spirits do indeed knock you back is equivalent to people dying on the elevator boss in BWD.

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    In all fairness, anyone who died by getting knocked off after learning that the spirits do indeed knock you back is equivalent to people dying on the elevator boss in BWD.
    That's fair. It mostly just seems like an extra "screw you" on top of already infuriating trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    That's fair. It mostly just seems like an extra "screw you" on top of already infuriating trash.
    It's all about attitude

It can be infuriating or hilarious depending on where you stand I know our whole raid was bagging on our druid all night because he dove into the pit about 3 times before he caught on.

I remember when Elegon trash was considered 'omgwtf', and now it's a joke :P

Once you figure out the best way to do it, it just comes naturally.

Once we figured out how to handle it, it wasn't so bad. A nuisance, if anything, but we all agreed that there's a high chance it gets nerfed. :-/

Anyone remember Mimiron trash the first week or so of Ulduar? Watching people/pets have to hug bob-ombs and die was hilarious. :P

Deleted
    annoying as shit.....

Deleted
    Best raid trash so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just have your tank pull the Banshees back to the stairs and kill it as a group. Job done. ^^"
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Well, its no C'thun trash...

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed it a lot. I'll take creative and challenge trash like this over boring easy trash like the ICC spider room or Ultraxions trash any day.

That said, it might get pretty old :P

Deleted
    This trash is fun for start..
    Our guildleader got thrown off bridge twice (hes really bad at dodging obvious stuff.. he still hasnt learned to dance on will ) the second time he got thrown off he rage quitted. logged of TS and shut his computer down (hes brother is on the team aswell so he convinced him to log in and continue, he then started his computer logged in and gets thrown off again.. Same thing happens he shut down hes computer refusing to turn it on before all trash was killed .

However i see a point where this trash gets annoying. its time consuming, and not being total aware can throw you off the bridge.

That said i see a time when we get full normal gear (~520 ilvl or better) where the adds will be burned down really fast (the 2 dogs before stone guards is a great example. once our raid hit roughly 492 gear we could pull both and kill them before getting stoned)

Deleted
    Took us a good half an hour to work it out tbh, ended up just having a hunter + tank traversing the bridge, getting misdirected and pulling it back to our safe spot by the stairs.