Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Its also mentioned that the frosttrolls got the same hp-pool in 10 and 25 man, which one is correct and which one is set wrong? (Assuming that its not suppose to be that way) Personally i reacted on how slow the frost guys were going down compared to the other gates in 10 man but i just thought that it was suppose to be that way.
    Where did you hear that? I'm finding nothing like this on WoL.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    both our 10man groups 1shotted it, did not feel that hard, however i would argue that most fight is overtuned for being normals in T15.
    Horridon specifically mainly requires target ordering, and good dispelling, and interupt, otherwise it is not anything special about it.
    That's the key isn't it? Dispelling and interrupting. Things that can cripple 10M because of composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's the key isn't it? Dispelling and interrupting. Things that can cripple 10M because of composition.
    absolutly, however the interupts needed is really only like 2 on the dinomancer,
    and for dispels, sure setup, however it is very important to consider that its NOT ONLY healers job, we had tanks,bomkins,elemental shamans and mages etc dispel what they could aswell.

Every class has some sort of interrupt, so why should 10M have a problem with that?

Horridon is fine, on 25 anyway, just need dispels and focusing on the right adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Every class has some sort of interrupt, so why should 10M have a problem with that?
    Can't interrupt all the casts from the Venom Priests if you don't have the right comp.

Just done a quick check on WoL.

25M kill = 95m damage on Drakkari Frozen Warlord
    10M kill = 31m damage on Drakkari Frozen Warlord

The damage for the other trolls is about the same too, so I'd suggest that the HP of the adds is correct for 10-25m.

I think the main issue is that the adds are not coming in waves correctly. The 2nd and 3rd big adds are coming at the same time instead of 20s apart like they did on PTR. On gate 2 this means more interrupting but is not insurmountable, but on gate 3 this means 2 big adds both MSing the tank at the same time (this has been the biggest cause of our wipes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehlin View Post
    I think the main issue is that the adds are not coming in waves correctly. The 2nd and 3rd big adds are coming at the same time instead of 20s apart like they did on PTR. On gate 2 this means more interrupting but is not insurmountable, but on gate 3 this means 2 big adds both MSing the tank at the same time (this has been the biggest cause of our wipes).
    It's supposed to be that way. All the doors do 1 big add, then 2 big adds together 20s later.

It's supposed to be that way. All the doors do 1 big add, then 2 big adds together 20s later.
    We assume it's supposed to be that way, it wasn't like that on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehlin View Post
    We assume it's supposed to be that way, it wasn't like that on PTR.
    It is on the PTR video I'm watching right now for 10M.

Deleted
    Where did you hear that? I'm finding nothing like this on WoL.
    It was all things mentioned in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Everything keeps going pear shaped on the poison adds, and on the tries that we do survive it, we're all 20% HP with poisons on, going into frost guys with OOM healers.
    You need to kill that first priest quickly and interrupt his cast. Then, two more priests will spawn, burn one down so you'll not need so many interrupters to be on their toes. Keep an eye on those green-glowing mobs (venomous effusion was their name, I think). They cast the poison bolt volley too, but die quickly. If you don't let many volleys go through, you'll manage, and healer mana will be MUCH better after you got the importance of interrupting into people's heads. We used 3 healers. I was keeping an eye on interrupts on the poison adds too because interrupting saves such a lot of mana - and there isn't much damage incoming when you interrupt well, so I could easily just do some light healing and concentrate more on getting that wind shear in properly.

And everyone who could dispel poison and later on disease did so, announcing which one they'd dispell next so as to not waste mana. People with higher stacks would get dispelled earlier than the ones with low stacks. The fight is very stressful on 10-man due to all the dispels needed if you fail at kicking just once.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-03-07 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    It was all things mentioned in this thread.
    WoL shows 10M mobs having ~1/3 the HP of 25M.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk but could be overtuned

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't interrupt all the casts from the Venom Priests if you don't have the right comp.
    We did fine with a Prot Paladin, Mage, 2x Hunter, DK and Warlock (without interrupt). That's a pretty lousy interrupt comp if your goal is to get everything. However, you can bypass so much by simply having good dps. It's not needed to get all the casts - not even close.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

In my opinion Jin'Rokh is just undertuned to get the more casual guilds to gear up in a faster way than only the 5.0 raids.

Horridon was easy for us, we did 3 tries and on our 4th I (raidleader) decided that we should go without flasks or food to learn the fight a bit more, and I set up interrupt rotations (1. mage/priest 2. Lock/Hunter) for poison door; Bloodlust at the Frost Door; Kill 1 Warbear at a time at the Bear Door and we killed it at that attempt with only 3 people using flasks and prepots.

This is with an average of 499i overall in the raid. It's not a hard boss... People that are having problems with this boss are either severely lower geared (490i) or... they saw the video's of PTR and thought it was just a "lolaoespam" fight.

Edit: The frost guys at the frost door don't have the 25-man HP, that's just people trying to lay the fault at Blizzard for a bug instead of manning up. If it was same for 25 as 10 then you would see even heroic progression guilds coming to a halt on that boss.

We got it down after about 10 tries on 25 man. On every door there is something you should focus

Door 1: Crocodiles
    Door 2: Venomancers
    Door 3: Small adds with no aggro table
    Door 4: Shamans / Firecasters

Just focus those asap and nuke the dinomancer when it spawns and it will be pretty easy

If you can't, your raid lacks dps. We killed the first Venom Priest before the second spawned. Interrupting two priests up should not be the problem for any raid.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Horridon is fine, on 25 anyway, just need dispels and focusing on the right adds.
    Guilds having kills on both Jin'rokh and Horridon:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    25m guilds: 62%
    10m guilds: 31%

The problem is that the 25m version is either horribly undertuned, or the 10m version is overtuned. From what I've read in this thread, most 25m guilds just walk in there and kill the boss in a couple of pulls, (nearly) regardless of their gear level. In comparison, the 10m guilds that mostly seem to be killing Horridon are either very well geared, are the alts of very good players, or actually spent way, way more tries trying to down him than their 25m counterparts.

Whichever it is, the numbers clearly show that the 10m version is considerably more challenging than the 25m one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    I have to agree with this. It's about paying attention and being fast with the interrupts, then it's not really an issue.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Guilds having kills on both Jin'rokh and Horridon:
    25m guilds: 62%
    10m guilds: 31%

The problem is that the 25m version is either horribly undertuned, or the 10m version is overtuned. From what I've read in this thread, most 25m guilds just walk in there and kill the boss in a couple of pulls, (nearly) regardless of their gear level. In comparison, the 10m guilds that mostly seem to be killing Horridon are either very well geared, are the alts of very good players, or actually spent way, way more tries trying to down him than their 25m counterparts.

Whichever it is, the numbers clearly show that the 10m version is considerably more challenging than the 25m one.
    Or it shows, that there's more crap 10 man guilds than 25 man guilds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Or it shows, that there's more crap 10 man guilds than 25 man guilds?
    WoL success rates show 25m about equal or easier than 10m even after Horridon.

Horridon 25m: 12.2% success rate
    Horridon 10m: 3.7% success rate

Council 25m: 25.8% success rate
    Council 10m: 4.9% success rate

Tortos about even at 10%.

Megaera 25m: 26.7% success rate
    Megaera 10m: 5.6% success rate

Ji-Kun 25m: 9.7%
    Ji-Kun 10m: 14.5% (yes, 10m is higher)

Durumu about even at 3%.

Primorius 25m: 13.3%
    Primorius 10m: 9.5%

Dark Animus about even at 4%.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-03-07 at 01:35 PM.