10+ Year Old Account

Ask mrrobot is saying a 502 trinket is worse then a 463 one?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95654 which has haste and str is siming lower then http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268#comments and http://www.wowhead.com/item=93256/skullrender-medallion. The spark has our best stats and looks amazing to me.

It looks like a lot of the 5.2 trinkets are struggling to beat out the 5.0 trinkets, so you might see a level 502 or even a 489 outscore a new 522 trinket. That’s definitely possible – be sure to read the notes on each trinket if you question Mr. Robot’s ranking. If you still think something is suspicious, post on our forums and we’ll dig into it. If you need a little help to understand why a particular trinket is ranking high or low, hit us up on the forums too. Math is Mr. Robot’s strong suit, so we’re happy to translate math into words

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 04:09 AM ----------

check out their blog post about them
    .. remember burst trinkets broke pvp at the start of the xpac, so they are being pretty cautious atm

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ask mrrobot is saying
    There's your answer right there.

Do some math. It's 5 Real PPM and at 10 stacks you get the proc. 5 stacks per minute means you will get about 1 proc every 2 minutes with that trinket.
    6088 * 20 / 120 = 1014.66666667. Sounds terrible to me. Mr robot is pulling it out of their ass for a lack of better terms. Lessons of the darkmaster gives 4232 str for 20 seconds every 2 minutes. 4232 * 20 / 120 = 705.333333333... Yeah... Don't trust mr robot.

The trinkets are bad, but they aren't that bad.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    You are forgetting one thing: RPPM scales with haste. If you have ~25% haste, you get a proc every 1.5mins or so. When BL is up, this trinket will proc even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the 502 trinket is better or worse then the 496 one?

I remember when people use to test their theorys and figure stuff out instead of asking a robot ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they remove mp5 , spellpower etc because it was too hard (for who :S) and too complicated to see how items measured up against each other? Yet they implement the most fked up trinket system , the RPPM, that far outdoes what mp5/sp ever did in the calculating department. You can't even see how good a trinket is anymore when it drops without the use of third-party sites such as wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Didn't they remove mp5 , spellpower etc because it was too hard (for who :S) and too complicated to see how items measured up against each other? Yet they implement the most fked up trinket system , the RPPM, that far outdoes what mp5/sp ever did in the calculating department. You can't even see how good a trinket is anymore when it drops without the use of third-party sites such as wowhead.
    I think they intend for the average person to just assume its better, which for the most part is correct, theorycrafters are always gonna theorycraft

I'd like to see a Ret Trinket BIS list added to this thread if anyone can?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are forgetting one thing: RPPM scales with haste. If you have ~25% haste, you get a proc every 1.5mins or so. When BL is up, this trinket will proc even more.
    I didn't feel the need to factor it in because it already gives more strength than the 463 trinket which was the point of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So the 502 trinket is better or worse then the 496 one?
    It is better according to the math.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The only stat that was removed for being too complicated was armor penetration (because of how it scaled exponentially with itself). Removing MP5, spell power, and attack power from gear was just to clean up redundant stats and make primary stats "primary" again.

When I simmed I encountered something similar. Vortex from 5.0 is a very strong trinket - even the Raid Finder version was comparing very well to the 5.2 522 ilvl trinkets. Same probably true of the Last Orders trinket off Will although I didn't look as close at that one. Those two trinkets are just very strong for us.

At least for my gear level, I will be using Vortex + the shado pan VP trinket for all of 5.2 normals. None of the raid drop trinkets beat it, even thunderforged. But what trinkets are best for you are going to depend on your gear. I recommend using a better tool than Ask Mr Robot to decide. Simcraft is a good one :P

The good news is that there isn't a really huge difference between any of the trinkets either, so you can probably make a "wrong" decision or pick up a sub optimal trinket and not see a huge difference When i was simming for myself I was very surprised by how close they all were.

AMR is great for stuff like hit and expertise capping, and reforging, as long as you adjust the stat weights. But I certainly don't trust it to evaluate something like a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by anafielle View Post
    I will be using Vortex + the shado pan VP trinket for all of 5.2 normals. None of the raid drop trinkets beat it, even thunderforged. But what trinkets are best for you are going to depend on your gear. I recommend using a better tool than Ask Mr Robot to decide. Simcraft is a good one :P
    This. Im gonna be using my 2/2 H Vortex and the Shado Pan VP trinket until heroics. Also maybe even over Heroic Spark as that just has a horrible uptime for us at the moment. Mr. Robot is a very very average tool at best. I wouldnt trust it, especially for trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Anafielle View Post
    AMR is great for stuff like hit and expertise capping, and reforging, as long as you adjust the stat weights. But I certainly don't trust it to evaluate something like a trinket.
    +1+1+1

AMR right now is the reason my guild is struggling in ToT :/