Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    what is everyone here talking about ? just oneshot the boss tonight, pretty damn easy. no idea how you can have a hard time here.

You were warned. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-08 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once we had our monk heal it (revival after killing all the venom priests on door 2 is really REALLY damn useful) and popped hero to clear the door 3 adds easily finished the fight. I don't get why they made doors 2 and 3 so much harder than any other part of the fight. It doesn't seem overtuned, it just is tuned fairly tightly so that if your raid is an avg of 490-495 it is gonna be fairly tough. Once people get up to 500-505 it should be as much of a joke as jin'rokh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartwentyfive View Post
    what is everyone here talking about ? just oneshot the boss tonight, pretty damn easy. no idea how you can have a hard time here.
    this is an example of how half of this thread has gone, pointless epeening

best advice i can give is to keep on top of interrupts on the second set of adds and 2 heal it (we had 6 wipes with 3 healers, 1 shot it when we went to 2 - disc/holy pala)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartwentyfive View Post
    Give more details than just saying "one shot it, pretty easy", instead of just increasing our epeen, as there's many factors that could could of making it that easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Give more details than just saying "one shot it, pretty easy", instead of just increasing our epeen, as there's many factors that could could of making it that easy.
    welll, i guess our raidmembers knew how to dispell. thats pretty much the most important thing here. and of course dont stand in stuff on the ground

15+ Year Old Account
    @Sesshou: Good advice mostly and thanks.

However, what do you recommend in place of a tank healer in 10? Just ignore the tanking in the middle part and bring him to the adds?

We kept getting tank deaths trying to juggle intense raid healing/dispels and tank healing with two tanks who weren't within 80 yards of each other (had to move to heal one or the other).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    We killed him last night on 25m with 3 tanks (1 designated to adds only) and it went pretty smooth after making that change. One of the most important things to do is interrupt the priests/effusions as best you can because it saves you a ton of raid damage and dispelling. The frost door is fairly easy you just have to stack them up good and aoe them down. I felt like the biggest hurdle of the fight was getting the priests down ASAP and kiting them slowly so the poison on the ground doesn't cause a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerruss View Post
    Please do not make a 2-line post with your 16/16H (or anything similar with a 500+ ilvl) character saying "Not overtuned; 1-shot him". It's either bragging or trolling and neither is welcome. Thanks.
    What a nice attitude you have there. How long will it take you people to understand these bosses aren't tuned for people who barely managed to get LFR equipped? If you can't give him 500+ ilvl then you're not supposed to down him, simple as that. The game would be even more horrible if there wasn't a step up in demands for every content. It's been like that for ages and for a reason. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    What I mean is that you shouldn't be expecting to progress in T15 if you haven't pushed any heroics in T14 yet. I don't mean farm T14 AND progress on T15 in the same week (unless you have time for that), sorry if that was unclear. But people are in here at 12/16 normal, 15/16 normal, etc. expecting to move on to the next tier because Blizzard made Cataclysm's progression system (and most of Wrath's) absolutely retarded. People should still be progressing in T14 heroics, and maybe killing JinRohk on the side since hes undertuned. My guild was only 6/16H last tier (5/6H MV 1/6H HoF) and we downed Horridon on 10 man (got consistently to last phase on 25 man but didnt have time to kill him). If your guild goes back, kills some bosses in H HoF or H Terrace with the nerfs, and bonus rolls with the absurd amount of charms you get now, you should be geared enough to kill Horridon in a week or two. Definitely within the month you'll have the gear to roll through the next few bosses.
    Stop thinking of the tiers separately. They're not anymore, its continuous progression in a sense now, like BC was (not quite as harsh though).

Totally agree with this. My guild started raiding seriously in only the last 2 months of 5.1 (raiders not showing up/retiring/xferring/whatever during the leveling period or just after it) which had us seriously underpowered for most of the tier. Then we got some recruits and blew our way to Sha before 5.2 dropped.

After spending a night wiping on Horridon after 3 shotting Jin, I just sat back and put it to my group as to what was going wrong (we were getting to the 2nd door and then things just got messy from there even after we destroyed it). Even swapped myself out (Monk tank) for our DK to see if maybe he was less spiky than myself. Even with interrupts going well, we were just getting overwhelmed since many of us were still in Raid finder gear and one or two blues.

So I just told them if we're doing what we're supposed to be doing and things aren't getting better then it's just a gear issue, since we'd rushed through the tier to try and get our guild ranking out of the gutter and didn't spend much time farming after clearing (Only cleared MSV 3 times before deciding to just stop, and HoF twice before 5.2) So now for the next week or three we'll be clearing HoF and ToES before venturing back into ToT to see if the upgrades help with getting the adds down at a more controllable rate.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2013-03-07 at 11:56 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

15+ Year Old Account
    I've changed the thread title from "Horridon Overtuned?" to "Horridon 10/25N Strategy (<500 ilvl)" because the former is useless and the latter is extremely useful.

Deciding what is and isn't overtuned is for Blizzard; in the mean time, guilds would appreciate any tips available when they don't have the DPS to kill every add so only one is alive at a time.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    What a nice attitude you have there. How long will it take you people to understand these bosses aren't tuned for people who barely managed to get LFR equipped? If you can't give him 500+ ilvl then you're not supposed to down him, simple as that. The game would be even more horrible if there wasn't a step up in demands for every content. It's been like that for ages and for a reason. Deal with it.

While it's expected for there to be a check boss I don't think people were expecting it to be the second boss in a tier of twelve. That said it is annoying to see people complaining about it already since that's just the first step towards calling for a nerf. However, there is no need to flaunt a 16/16 HM kill count. On some fights gear makes gimmicks a joke since you can just power through them. And Horridon is one of them.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

So we killed it tonight being a 4/16HC guild in tier 14. Edit - We're 490 - 500 ilevel

Since the first gate is not troubling people I'll start after that.

General info is we only tank swop once each gate is finished and we tank the boss maybe 20 yards away to keep the add area more uncluttered. Its hard to see sandtraps and new adds when the bosses arse is filling 80% of the screen.

- 2nd gate we assigned an interupter to the first priest. When next 2 spawn we have an interupter on each priest.
    - Tank picks up the bloodlords and stuns on them where possible to prevent the charge that gives the bleeds.
    - Dinomancer spawns and we have a 3rd interupter assigned here.
    - By now the tank is kiting a bit just to keep people moving away from the effusion pools.
    - The key to this for us is interupting and focussing down the priests, it really cuts down on the dispels.

3rd gate (Lust here)
    - Stay stacked as far as possible since the adds here don't all have aggro tables.
    - We prio'd the warlords since they drop the frozen orbs and place a healing debuff on the tank thats quite nasty.
    - Kite heavily to avoid the frozen orbs

Amani (4th gate)
    - We prio the flamecasters
    - Tank picks up the bears and tanks them facing away from the raid since they cleave
    - Kill a bear and then its shammy, we didn't want 2 shammys up at once since the totems / chain lightning and hex etc is a pita
    - Rinse repeat, as the phase is winding down kite the boss back to the middle where its clean.

Phase 5
    - Nuke the wargod down REALLY quickly, his cry or w/e it is does a lot of raid hurt if he doesn't die quickly.
    - After this its tank and spank just being careful to avoid the swipes that follow the charges. Tanks are p spikey with the triple puncture but if you have time left on the enrage and get into this phase cleanly it should be a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    @Sesshou: Good advice mostly and thanks.

However, what do you recommend in place of a tank healer in 10? Just ignore the tanking in the middle part and bring him to the adds?

We kept getting tank deaths trying to juggle intense raid healing/dispels and tank healing with two tanks who weren't within 80 yards of each other (had to move to heal one or the other).
    Yeah that is what I would suggest. You can tank him pretty close to the adds but faced so his smashes don't bother you. This does add an additional mechanic to deal with as he is then close enough that when he focuses on some one and smashes shortly after, if they do not turn him, it will hit your raid. The raid takes far more damage than the tanks so I don't see it being a good idea if you need healing to keep the boss that far out.

The only time I really saw the tank on horridron get pounded was when the other guy was down AE'ing everything pretty bad and when he enrages when his friend dies, so I think putting him 80 yards away where his healer can't help out is potentially a bad idea. Also having him use cooldowns about halfway through door 2 (when the double priests happen) so that his healer can focus a lot on the raid would help out a bit.

Honestly, I would say the whole leave him in the middle with a healer is a strat for people that are over geared and have the dps/hps to do the adds with essentially less than a full raid. Thats just my opinion after a grand total of 1 kills though (we didn't do that either).
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-08 at 12:06 AM.

Looking at wowprogress, 62% of 25 man guilds that have cleared the first boss have also cleared Horridon, whereas for 10 man it's about 32%. This to me suggests some sort of difficulty imbalance, most likely caused by raid composition and availability of interrupt and dispel mechanics.

We ran with three heals (priest, shammy, druid) and we had a hard time on the second door, I think due to dispels and possibly interrupts. I think that perhaps 2 healing might be the way to go as our dps was good overall, but perhaps adding another will cut down on raid damage.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2013-03-08 at 12:10 AM.

I think people should also put how many attempts you have on horridon 10. For example my guild was 2/16 heroic, we got 15 pulls in two days and were in phase 3 the last two when it got to be to late. I fully expect a kill tonight. Wiping about 20 times on a boss should not a big deal, however with this new LFR attitude it seems to be better to just cry and whine for nerfs after one wipe then to sit back and fix what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    This to me suggests some sort of difficulty imbalance, most likely caused by raid composition and availability of interrupt and dispel mechanics.
    Or the fact that each damage dealer in 10-man is expected to put out 2.5-3 times as much on the Dinomancer so they get overrun by adds... Blizz srsly hotfix this ish
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Looking at wowprogress, 62% of 25 man guilds that have cleared the first boss have also cleared Horridon, whereas for 10 man it's about 32%. This to me suggests some sort of difficulty imbalance, most likely caused by raid composition and availability of interrupt and dispel mechanics.

We ran with three heals (priest, shammy, druid) and we had a hard time on the second door, I think due to dispels and possibly interrupts. I think that perhaps 2 healing might be the way to go as our dps was good overall, but perhaps adding another will cut down on raid damage.
    I don't think you can draw that conclusion from that data. I would argue that the average 25m guild is more hard core than the average 10m guild because those putting the extra effort into coordinating a 25m guild tend to take it more seriously. Now if you had more data like how many 16/16 normal guilds killed it on both and how many 6/16hm guilds killed it on both and how many 10+/16 hm guilds killed it on both, maybe you could draw such a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Or the fact that each damage dealer in 10-man is expected to put out 2.5-3 times as much on the Dinomancer so they get overrun by adds... Blizz srsly hotfix this ish
    Sorry but thats a load of crap. 25m adds have 3x the hp of 10m adds. It is roughly the same damage per person required (I say roughly because it depends on how many dps/healers you take).
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-08 at 12:15 AM.

We only got a few pulls on him last night but we we're having some serious trouble picking up all the adds in 10m. The bear tank in the group made a good point - how the heck is a bear supposed to pick up all those mobs spread so far apart, while dodging zones/swipe & performing interrupts? On my paladin I could get most of them as they spawned but still a couple got by me, but a bear only has their taunt to pick up stuff at range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaest View Post
    There is absolutely no way that this would make sense to any competitive raider.

Its also veeeery easy to say that when you're already comfortable at the top, but when you're sequestered out of relevance with almost no chance of fighting your way back up in time to be in the top 10 it really kinda sucks. That doesn't mean we're gonna stop fighting, just means a higher turn over rate due to progression and having to try to replace people with less than stellar progression to sell your guild with. Life at the top has its drawbacks, but by and large is much easier
    No-one who wipes on horridon is a competitive raider, this post doesn't make any sense.
    People who wipe on horridon are just your run of the mill 'normal raiders'

Please don't write offensive things like that. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-08 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

hm dont know what to say really. We oneshot horridon after 3 wipes on jinrokh. Only thing we had informationwise was more or less from this thread. We nuked priests until orb dude spawned, skulled him, and closed the door asap when the orb spawned. Full cc and interrupts is possible so rather important to have the individual player to bring their A-game. Actually we had 9 ppl die during the fight (6 being dead on the kill) and one of them was a tank, tho he died a few % left on the melee dude. Seemed to me (raidleader first time in here, no ptr testing) that it was more or less about getting the gate closed asap, interrupt everything u can and keep moving to next gate as soon as the previous one closes so u dont get behind in tanking or ccing.
    Had like 4 ads or so left from last gate when melee dude spawned. Killed them and lusted. As soon as he dies its a kill. Even with one tank dead. We just HoP+freedomed our monk tank and it was a secure kill.
    Feel free to pm me for logs or any tips!