Deleted

Preparation baseline in PvE

When they announced that preparation became a baseline talent and you wouldnt have to choose between prep and shadowstep anymore I was really looking forward to raiding in 5.2. Now that ToT is out I find myself never using prep at all in raids, mostly because Cloak isnt covered by prep anymore but still. The other cooldowns that it resets are barely needed in raiding imo.
    Anybody else experiencing the same with prep usage? Are there any bosses in the later stages where it might be useful?

Sprint and vanish resets are still pretty universally good.
    Just because it's not rotational and amazingtastic doesn't mean it's not useful.

As said above, sprint and vanish are quite useful - especially if you rely on vanish+stealth openers for damage.

Deleted
    Two uses of whatever first tier talent you picked and that's about it

Evasion (and double evasion) kinda useful on Tortos, Ji-kun and Animus.
    But most of the time i'm using prep for second vanish.

Well said : )

Infraction: recurring spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-08 at 07:22 PM.

I've been using it for an extra Vanish in my opener, but I'd much rather save it for emergencies like needing an extra Sprint or another Evasion if I pulled aggro on an add, etc.

I personally do not like that Vanish is a DPS cooldown (even if it is a small one, the min/maxer in me just feels compelled to use it) and now that both Cloak and Sprint have a 1min CD, I'd like to think of Preparation as an extra "oh shit" button.

And has Prep always been on the GCD? 5.3 is the first time I've used it in forever so maybe I just forgot, but it is quite annoying considering the ability is meant to be used in "clutch" situations.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I personally do not like that Vanish is a DPS cooldown (even if it is a small one, the min/maxer in me just feels compelled to use it) and now that both Cloak and Sprint have a 1min CD, I'd like to think of Preparation as an extra "oh shit" button.

And has Prep always been on the GCD? 5.3 is the first time I've used it in forever so maybe I just forgot, but it is quite annoying considering the ability is meant to be used in "clutch" situations.
    Vanish is a huge DPS CD for sub, extra time with FW up is always good, plus subterfuge. Aside from that, I almost always use it as an "oh shit" button in other specs now. Also, I believe prep was not on the GCD, but I havent used it since 4.3 so I may be wrong.

I am not complaining about Cloak not being on prep because it has a shorter CD now.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Vanish is a huge DPS CD for sub, extra time with FW up is always good, plus subterfuge. Aside from that, I almost always use it as an "oh shit" button in other specs now. Also, I believe prep was not on the GCD, but I havent used it since 4.3 so I may be wrong.

I am not complaining about Cloak not being on prep because it has a shorter CD now.
    Are you saying that subterfuge works with vanish now without having to wait the 3 seconds to enter normal stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Are you saying that subterfuge works with vanish now without having to wait the 3 seconds to enter normal stealth?
    /cancelaura Vanish works since forever.

It's just a super small DPS increase (double Vanish). I haven't found a reason to save Prep for anything else yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It's just a super small DPS increase (double Vanish). I haven't found a reason to save Prep for anything else yet.
    Not sure if tanks actually die anymore, but a I do remember seeing a vid a long time ago of a rouge tanking Arthas for a few seconds before triggering the rezz event. I would think in some strange situations like that that double evasion could be good.

Its better than not having prep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    Evasion (and double evasion) kinda useful on Tortos, Ji-kun and Animus.
    But most of the time i'm using prep for second vanish.
    where did you use evasion on tortos? also since i didnt quite make it to jikun and animus yet, when do you use evasion at those 2 bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    /cancelaura Vanish works since forever.
    Nah, I tried that the first week we had it on live and it totally unstealthed me entirely if I removed the vanish buff.

Edit: Just tried it and I wasn't sub, but /cancelaura vanish unstealthed me entirely.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-09 at 03:01 PM.