Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Could you post the macro for positioning earth grab via projection, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totemic Projection is off the GCD, so you just put them together, nothing special.

#showtooltip Earthbind Totem
    /cast Earthbind Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

Note that you don't have to say Earthgrab in the macro if you're talented for it. It will still cast Earthgrab even if it says Earthbind in the macro. The showtooltip might not be necessary, since Earthgrab is listed first. I'm just used to sticking it in there.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 06:28 AM ----------

Updated for info all the way up to Lei Shen. Will begin updating next week as we begin working on heroics.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could we make this thread sticky? Some very helpful info here especially for new shammys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Totemic Projection is off the GCD, so you just put them together, nothing special.

#showtooltip Earthbind Totem
    /cast Earthbind Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection

Note that you don't have to say Earthgrab in the macro if you're talented for it. It will still cast Earthgrab even if it says Earthbind in the macro. The showtooltip might not be necessary, since Earthgrab is listed first. I'm just used to sticking it in there.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 06:28 AM ----------

Updated for info all the way up to Lei Shen. Will begin updating next week as we begin working on heroics.

I'm working on Tortos, and I'm currently talented for Earthgrab, obviously the whirling turtles can't be rooted, will they still be slowed like an earthbind?

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    I'm working on Tortos, and I'm currently talented for Earthgrab, obviously the whirling turtles can't be rooted, will they still be slowed like an earthbind?
    Yes, If you're unfortunate enough to not have a warlock to soulburn CoEx you can just use earthbind instead of earthgrab.

(double post)
    Last edited by Sandokai; 2013-03-08 at 08:49 PM.

Can anyone confirm whether the damage reflect on Frozen Resilience on the Iron Qon fight can be prevented with glyphed Grounding Totem as well? We ran some attempts for the last few minutes of our raid last night, but I hadn't known that trick yet and didn't test it myself. I'll check tonight when we kill it, of course, but I thought I'd ask.
    Grounding Totem vs. Kazra'jin - Yes, it works really well. Combine it with the Call of the Elements Talent (Tier 3) and it's even more effective as you can use it for two consecutive reflect phases during his empowerment. I stood there blowing fire at Kaz with my health pegged at 100%, and I laughed.

This totem is a great Shaman class ability that's been under-utilized in encounter design, and I enjoyed being able to do something uniquely shamanic to contribute to the raid.

Props to our pal Bethan for pointing it out...and props to the design team for letting this glyphed totem shine (don't nerf it, it's awesome).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    Could we make this thread sticky? Some very helpful info here especially for new shammys.
    Yes, please! Especially since there's a total silence on BiS lists or guides for 5.2. Anyways, /vote Eruionmel for Shaman Moderator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    Yep. Anything immune to roots that can still be slowed is slowed by earthgrab, same as earthbind.

Is it really worth to spam chain lightning on the adds on Horridon encounter?, my guild tried it yesterday and my dps is just so slow on to only single target and my mates were yelling to do not AoE :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Is it really worth to spam chain lightning on the adds on Horridon encounter?, my guild tried it yesterday and my dps is just so slow on to only single target and my mates were yelling to do not AoE :P
    I used CL extensively and was #1 on DPS and we killed it no problem. Why were they telling you not to AoE?

Here's my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5969#Vanasex

I used CL extensively and was #1 on DPS and we killed it no problem. Why were they telling you not to AoE?

Here's my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5969#Vanasex
    They are telling me to focus on the marked add :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    They are telling me to focus on the marked add :/
    So cleave off that add. You can even switch to a single target rotation with CL filler if they're really that uppity about it. If they honestly think that not using CL on this fight is the way to go, they're retarded. It's free damage. Ele is one of the best specs to have on this fight because of our ridiculous cleave.

Deleted
    Plus cl generates more stacks than lb so more fulmination awesomeness on the primary target.

Deleted
    Horridon is an overall awesome boss for Elemental. P1-4 glyphed CL cleavage and interrupt the big healing adds if needed. Pay attention that you always stand near the next door which'll be opened. And in P5, keep your CDs for Horrdon to further push meters... the add will be destroyed fast enought. :P

Fire Elemental (PE), when using this talent on these fights, are you allowing your Fire Elemental to auto cast Fire Blast, or leaving it turned off? I have ran a few tests on raid dummies, and the damage seems near identical with it on or off. If its on, i see less melee damage, but more Fire Blast damage, but they all end up nearly equal by the end of the Fire Elementals duration.

I believe it was turned off by default (unless i had turned it off long ago manually).

Also, has anyone found a macro command to disable the (PE)Earth Elementals taunt? Tried to use /petautocastoff Angered Earth but it doesnt work like it does for other pet classes.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-03-11 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not one to give a 'job well done' on these forums (or anywhere...) but here I go. I'm new to this.

Good j0b ¿

I consider myself a pretty damn good elemental shaman, but I have to admit that threads like these tend to be quite insightful. Will be following for future updates and adding in my $.02.

For Jin Kun :

try to make sure you get a feather on one of the first three platform, whatever you later assign is.

If you're supposed to do the top platform, you can try to fall down from the first "high" platform to the boss, and then take another feather to go to the 2nd, however you should use your last feather to directly go from the 2nd to the 3rd (and do not wait for the boss to throw food there, the order of the platform is fixed and eggs pop a few seconds before). I manage to do the last platform alone on 10man (easilly with ascendance, harder without), so just tell everyone else to go down and do that last yourself (to get as much dps on the boss as possible).

If you're able to _not_ have to do top, still take a feather, and when the boss throw food, use one, go in the air and try to grab a green "blob" while flying. If you manage to grab one you'll get a +30% damage done for 30sec. Use your cd at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I found this thread sooner. These tips are a great help to me having just swapped to Ele for 5.2.

Thanks a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    For Jin Kun :

try to make sure you get a feather on one of the first three platform, whatever you later assign is.

If you're supposed to do the top platform, you can try to fall down from the first "high" platform to the boss, and then take another feather to go to the 2nd, however you should use your last feather to directly go from the 2nd to the 3rd (and do not wait for the boss to throw food there, the order of the platform is fixed and eggs pop a few seconds before). I manage to do the last platform alone on 10man (easilly with ascendance, harder without), so just tell everyone else to go down and do that last yourself (to get as much dps on the boss as possible).

If you're able to _not_ have to do top, still take a feather, and when the boss throw food, use one, go in the air and try to grab a green "blob" while flying. If you manage to grab one you'll get a +30% damage done for 30sec. Use your cd at this point.
    These are good tips, but not really ele-specific. I will add that we can solo a platform with ascendance, though.