Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Primal red raptor and Savage raptor look the same : I am angry about this

For those of you who have seen or have a primal red raptor mount will notice 2 things:

1. It's not red
    2. It looks like the savage raptor

This kind of makes me angry because i am lucky to have the savage raptor
    ( proof : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...&filter=savage )

Now i am a big mount collector so naturally i looked up how the new primal raptor mounts look. The green one looks really nice, bone white looks alot like the ivory one, black like venomhide.

What the hell blizzard? Are you going to copy the feldrake and call it demon drake too? Mottled drake and call it diseased drake? Seriously this pisses me off.

From looking through your mounts that one wasn't even the closest to the coolest looking so I wouldn't even use it so that wouldn't bother me too much. Not really something to get worked up about imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    From looking through your mounts that one wasn't even the closest to the coolest looking so I wouldn't even use it so that wouldn't bother me too much. Not really something to get worked up about imo.
    I don't feel i have a cool grount mount (ok ok i get it, feldrake) so i really like my savage raptor, looks cool on my ally alt too.

ohno someone has a mount similar to yours WHATEVER WILL YOU DO

zomagawds, blizz made an obtainable version of something that was unobtainable! what were they THINKING?

quit the QQ. yor raptor is as rare now as it's ever been, and you can continue using it for e-peen stroking. and now, other people who may want those raptors because they find them cool and want to use them can get them. it's a win-win situation for everyone.

mounts are character customization. we need more mounts available, not less.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

No, I'm upset too. Those mounts should stay unique. Imagine if all spectral cats dropped from cat island and people paid 500 irl dollars or won them in tcg tournaments. You will not see a murky because of them being special. Why did they do this to savage raptor? I wish I could talk to a GM about this.

Also, the king mosh raptor for an alliance was one of the coolest mounts and it was rare. Not seeing too many is kind of nice.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There's plenty of other mounts for you to drop a couple hundred bucks on in the name of being unique. I'd just go buy more of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    No, I'm upset too. Those mounts should stay unique. Imagine if all spectral cats dropped from cat island and people paid 500 irl dollars or won them in tcg tournaments. You will not see a murky because of them being special. Why did they do this to savage raptor? I wish I could talk to a GM about this.

Also, the king mosh raptor for an alliance was one of the coolest mounts and it was rare. Not seeing too many is kind of nice.
    But people do buy spectral cats for IRL dollars???
    Did you think the only people with tcg mounts got them from booster packs?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me chuckle when folks go nuts over mounts mainly shows that they can no longer the special snowflake that they want to be forever.. All I can say to that is so what who cares... And well the only people who can really claim being special are the lucky ones that got the [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] from the opening of AQ 40 all other mounts pale in comparison as there were only so many folks who got them and that no one can never get them again.

When you can say you were lucky to get a [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] then folks might be impressed..

This guy gets it

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You poor baby, your life is so hard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 08:14 PM ----------

I hear that the purple guild mount has the SAME MODEL as the TK Phoenix. Did you guys know this?! RAGE AND DRAMA K GO!!!!
    I'm not talking about the model, im talking about how they look exactly the same.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    But people do buy spectral cats for IRL dollars???
    Did you think the only people with tcg mounts got them from booster packs?
    I got my feldrake from a small package of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I got my feldrake from a small package of cards.
    As someone who previously bounced cards from multiple TCG's for profit, you won't get a drop of sympathy from me.

You are special and unique for bothering to visit a game store once every few months? Heck you can even order them online these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As someone who previously bounced cards from multiple TCG's for profit, you won't get a drop of sympathy from me.

You are special and unique for bothering to visit a game store once every few months? Heck you can even order them online these days.
    Yeah that sounds about right. If anything you should be happy that people have a chance to get this former unobtainable mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

no i just bought 1 package, no more, no less

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Yeah that sounds about right. If anything you should be happy that people have a chance to get this former unobtainable mount.
    Why? some people got savage raptor by paying alot of money for it, why should people get it free all of the sudden?

no i just bought 1 package, no more, no less

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:32 PM ----------

Why? some people got savage raptor by paying alot of money for it, why should people get it free all of the sudden?
    Why does it matter to you if they get it? Not everyone paid a lot of money for it. Your situation is not everyone's.

Why does it matter to you if they get it? Not everyone paid a lot of money for it. Your situation is not everyone's.
    I didnt pay alot of money for it (bought it with gold ingame) . It matters to me because it is a slap in the face of everyone who DID pay for it or got lucky enough to get the card

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    All my mounts are made of solid Unobtainium. None of yours will ever be like mine. And if you try, I'll have my GM Nerf Patrol reset your account.

O.o

So what if one mount looks like another? Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I didnt pay alot of money for it (bought it with gold ingame) . It matters to me because it is a slap in the face of everyone who DID pay for it or got lucky enough to get the card
    On both accounts why worry about what someone else has? If anything having TCG lookalike mounts in game will encourage people to play more, or not feel like they are missing out on something cool/fun because that do not want to spend more money on a card pack.

Deleted
    Lets think about what all this recicling does to a game, it makes it generic
    Would you play a game in wich every piece of gear looks the same? would you bother putting in the effort to get a mount, if you can just get one from a vendor that looks the same?

this isnt rocket science, stop reusing every single thing in the game, there's plenty people employed to be *creative*, use them

On both accounts why worry about what someone else has? If anything having TCG lookalike mounts in game will encourage people to play more, or not feel like they are missing out on something cool/fun because that do not want to spend more money on a card pack.
    Why can't i care about other people? seriously. they just copied a mount that has been rare . How would people feel when the zulian tiger gets reintroduced as zandalari tiger? A slap in the face of people who were lucky enough to get it when they could.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They done the same with the hippogryph pet, its lame.
    Exactly, it's a slap in the face

This. The mount was from TCG, and like the Spectral cat people paid a lot of money IRL for it. I've seen them as prizes in competitions and all sorts. Seems kind of ridiculous that Blizz are effectively giving it away for free to anybody in game now. If they did the spectral Tiger as a free drop from a rare there would be an uproar.

(and also, as a troll faction mount, I find it funny that Ali can have so many different raptors now)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Don't we lead a sheltered life that we can be angry about a pixel mount?
    A pixel mount paid with RL money, tbh, how is paying rl money for a fancy mount in game any different from paying rl money for a fancy car irl (albeit on a smaller scale).

Scale it up to rl... look at any real life company with real life objects... it's like a car company deciding to give everyone free classic cars "they missed out on", not even caring how people got the cars at the time, or what a classic car collector may have paid them the week previously.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-09 at 06:57 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!