Pre-Heroic Enhancement Trinkets

I currently have access to the Relic of Xuen, (N)Terror in the Mist, (N)Bottle of Infinite Stars, (N)Renataki's Soul Charm, and the Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. As of right now, I'm using the Bottle and Soul Charm.

Sim-wise, my reforging priority is Haste > Mastery >/= Crit.

Has anyone simmed to find out which trinkets are better? I don't want to use the VP on this trinket if it's not going to be better than what I currently have access to/am using.

The VP trinket is definitely the best out of the ones you listed, assuming you don't go too far over the hit cap. Normal bottle of infinite stars is better than relic of xuen or terror in the mists, but I'm not sure how well renataki's stacks up against it.

Normal Terror in the mist is better than the Normal Bottle of Infinite Stars. Id go with Renataki's Soul Charm and Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, mainly because of their higher ilevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Normal Terror in the mist is better than the Normal Bottle of Infinite Stars.
    Is it bollocks. Heroic Bottle was best in slot, there's no way normal terror is better than normal bottle.

Deleted
    Not quite sure why the valour trinket is being reccommended...it procs once every 2 minutes (making it even more unreliable than other proc trinkets) and it's the only one that isn't real PPM. (so no scaling with haste)

Not to mention it has hit rating as it's passive stat, which causes reforging issues and can result in you not getting the full benefit from it. (if you do end up over the cap, which is likely at these gear levels)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-03-09 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Not quite sure why the valour trinket is being reccommended...it procs once every 2 minutes (making it even more unreliable than other proc trinkets) and it's the only one that isn't real PPM. (so no scaling with haste)

Not to mention it has hit rating as it's passive stat, which causes reforging issues and can result in you not getting the full benefit from it. (if you do end up over the cap, which is likely at these gear levels)
    The talisman is easily better than any normal mode versions of old world trinkets.

Assuming max uptime..

Xuen = 1782 agi
    BoIT = 1438 agi + 1079 mastery
    Terror = 1152 agi + 1315 crit
    Talisman = 1676 agi + 1467 hit.. from the sound of it he mostly has normal mode gear, so he can def use all the hit with smart reforging.

Its the worst of the 522 trinkets, but thats true of all the early valor stuff... thats likely why its so easy to get.

it procs once every 2 minutes (making it even more unreliable than other proc trinkets)
    By definition, proc'ing at a known interval is NOT unreliable. The RPPM trinkets are unreliable - the shado-pan one is not.

and it's the only one that isn't real PPM. (so no scaling with haste)
    The RPPM trinkets are a liability at current gear levels because no one has enough haste to make them better than T14 heroic trinkets (yet).

From personal experience I would bet alot on the VP trinket being the best in normal gear. It uses ICD instead of RPPM which makes it very reliable to use with other burst cooldowns, especially since RPPM doesn't seem to work that well at normal gear levels. The moonkin in my guild got 16 procs on his RPPM trinket (Breath of the Hydra) during 4h of raiding and not one of them was during BL/stormlash/banner. Xuen only proccing on crits makes it almost as unreliable, I've lost count on all the fights where it procs just as Ascendence runs out or in some cases even BL. Haven't had Talisman for a week yet and most times it procs before my first Stormstrike and never once after the second Stormlash.

With my gear (~515) EM+PE sims as the best talents and stacking everything with almost 9k additional agility I can reach 400k dps during burst. While the ICD doesn't perfectly time up with 3 minute cds, most fights in ToT I could delay using Ascendance for 30 seconds and still get the same number of uses and it does time up pretty well with Fire Elemental and wolves. It's still less effective agility than upgraded BoIS heroic but it sure beats the normal version, Xuen and the RPPM ones.

I can't decide what to do with this. The hit is killing me but the proc is great. I can either get the wrist or the ring now, or wait 'till Wednesday and get the Talisman. I'm running with Bottle of Infinite Stars (N) and Terror in the Mists (LFR), so the Talisman would obviously be a great upgrade over the latter. Also gives me a nice amount of Haste from the reforging.

Problem is basically the hit. I'm already at 8.86% and I can't go lower with the gear I have now. Insane amount of hit on the gear I have and a bit too many blue sockets for my liking. Only possible solution would be to go 80 Agi + 160 Sta gems, but who the hell does that, right?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valgash/simple

Obvious choice is to wait until Wednesday and get the Talisman, so I'm basically answering my own question. Maybe I just needed someone to share it with.

Deleted
    Im using the shadopan trinket and bad juju but i will replace shadopan with jinrokh once it drops. Too bad i wasnt sure if renataki would be better than the primordius trinket so i passed thunderforged renataki

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Talisman = 1676 agi + 1467 hit.. from the sound of it he mostly has normal mode gear, so he can def use all the hit with smart reforging.
    This is a ridiculous assumption to make. I haven't been able to take the trinket since with xuen/normal bottle and reforging out of hit on every single item, until my last upgrade I was over 8%. I have now got it to 7.55% with an upgrade, but if I were to put the talisman in I would be gaining 800~ hit over again. This was on 490 ilvl
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is a ridiculous assumption to make. I haven't been able to take the trinket since with xuen/normal bottle and reforging out of hit on every single item, until my last upgrade I was over 8%. I have now got it to 7.55% with an upgrade, but if I were to put the talisman in I would be gaining 800~ hit over again. This was on 490 ilvl
    Are you sure that every bit of hit was reforged off your gear and that no reforges were setup to give you hit? It's worth noting that I've seen cases where you get up around 8% after reforging not because you have too much hit but because of the steps it comes in. Most tools will force you over the cap so if you're at 7.4% and your only choices are to gain 300 or 400 hit with a reforge, it's going to pick the 300 and put you far over the cap. Askmrrobot can certainly help with this and tell you if you are encountering this phenomenon (partly because it has no problem leaving you below cap).

I guess with the right item combos this is certainly possible to end up straight 800 hit over the cap but personally I haven't seen it (not saying it can't happen).

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, i've been away from WoW too long. Since when did haste surpass mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Are you sure that every bit of hit was reforged off your gear and that no reforges were setup to give you hit? It's worth noting that I've seen cases where you get up around 8% after reforging not because you have too much hit but because of the steps it comes in. Most tools will force you over the cap so if you're at 7.4% and your only choices are to gain 300 or 400 hit with a reforge, it's going to pick the 300 and put you far over the cap. Askmrrobot can certainly help with this and tell you if you are encountering this phenomenon (partly because it has no problem leaving you below cap).
    I don't use any tools so no I wouldn't run into this programming error, I do my reforging manually since I don't feel the need to rely on a system that "might be better now" when reforging takes up so little time and effort anyway.

Armory is down but I doubled checked on my char all items are reforging out of hit:
    Dread Eye Gaze (489): Hit > Expertise
    Choker of the Unleashed Swarm (496): Crit > Expertise
    Static Shot Shoulders (502): Expertise > Mastery
    Wastewalker's Sandblasted Cape (502): Hit > Expertise
    Gorgoraptor Scale Chest (522): N/A
    Malevolent Gladiator's Wristbands of Alacrity (483): Haste > Expertise
    Gara'kal, fist of the spiritbinder (493): Haste > Expertise
    Gara'kal, fist of the spiritbinder (476): Haste > Expertise
    Firebirds Grips (496): Hit > Expertise
    Fetters of Death (489): Hit > Expertise
    Firebirds Legguards (496): Hit > Expertise
    Steps of the War Serpent (489): Hit > Expertise
    Anji's Keepsake (489): Hit > Expertise
    Seal of the Shado'pan Assault (522): Crit > Expertise
    Relic of Xuen (476): N/A
    Bottle of Infinite Stars (489): N/A

The expertise isn't a huge issue since I *can* get more if needed, as I have done. the hit is an issue because I physically can't drop anymore. There are hybrid hit gems in my helmet and chest, because the agility bonus is greater than using pures. This gives me 320 hit extra essentially but not that I can drop. After I got the ring I dropped 485 hit (seal of the windreaver), putting my current at 7.47, which I am happy with because I can't be fucked messing with the hit really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."