Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    That's the point though. In this design paradigm it makes total sense not to make more dungeons. That doesn't mean it's a good thing. It's a load of crap. Their are purposely trying to lead you to other content, away from what you used to do and prefered to do before because they can't produce it. It's such a fucking massive skinner box.
    no no, you don't understand
    you just don't know how much you prefer scenerios and LFR over doing 5mans
    you don't need those 5ms you enjoyed doing
    now go play some pet battles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    they could have them drop xmog gear
    or battlepets like the old raids do now
    would people run them?
    as long as they're
    A) new
    b) on the list for the random Q and reward valor/justice for completion

yes

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:24 PM ----------

nope,
    but keep trying kid
    idk why they don't bring back troll heroics, those were fun

guess that'd be work though, don't wanna do that

10+ Year Old Account
    My interest in dungeons pretty much died during WotLK after doing them way, way too often. Still a shame to see them being completely shunned, but I guess it was kind of expected. Having dungeons and raids as end game are not really enough of a selling point, anymore, so they are directing themselves away from the older model into something that very well will change the fundamental aspects of end game from previous expansions. 5.2 is just a taste of what is to come, it seems.

I think their approach looks somewhat interesting from reading the interview, but let's see where it will lead us once we get there. If I get to see more things like the Warlock scenario and a more social approach in regards to group content in the world itself, I think I will like this new end game philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    idk why they don't bring back troll heroics, those were fun

guess that'd be work though, don't wanna do that
    lmfao
    so where's the pinnacle of hard work i said it was
    nice work kid

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-03-09 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why would ppl leave in spades? Ever since WotLK there was this whining how easy heroics were, how it sucked to run them AGAIN every tier for a new currency to catch up. Followed by fights over the ICC 5 mans being either too hard or too faceroll. Followed by the demand for harder Cata dungeons which in turn led to a shitstorm of complaints from ppl who actually liked easily accessible content.

Blizzard can see by checking their data how many ppl run scenarios, how many people run 5 mans, how many ppl do LFraid. And they see how much 5 mans are now affected by the rep change in case you want to claim "nobody did 5 mans because only dailies gave rep"

What loot would you put into 5.4 5 mans? It would have to be loot at least on the level of 5.2 LFraid or better or people will simply refuse to do them.
    The whining about how easy heroics are was a vocal minority. In fact if you remove the dungeons in mists your left with content is even easier and content that is even grindier and slower. I.E DAILIES.

Of course less people are running dungeons now they neutered the piss out of them and took all the reward out. That's the fucking point. As for what loot I'd put on them it's very simple but it works in concert with another BIG CHANGE. Real big change. I'd put the gear that was better than what's on the current daily vendors, say terrace lvl and then a few lfr pieces from say the last boss. Then and this is the big change here I'D REMOVE THE REP REQUIREMENT FROM VALOR GEAR.

Deleted
    lmfao
    so where's the pinnacle of hard work i said it was
    nice work kid
    That you cited the troll HCs as an example of work by Blizzard in the first place was my point. These dungeons were blasted apart on release and even most of the people who did enjoy them were sick of running them constantly running them by 4.3. Troll heroics, to most people's minds, are a perfect example of how NOT to do dungeons. But it's nice you have your own view on the matter.

That you cited the troll HCs as an example of work by Blizzard in the first place was my point. These dungeons were blasted apart on release and even most of the people who did enjoy them were sick of running them constantly running them by 4.3. Troll heroics, to most people's minds, are a perfect example of how NOT to do dungeons. But it's nice you have your own view on the matter.
    yes
    making a dungeon is more work than making no dungeon
    im glad we can agree on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    yes
    You believe the devs who otherwise make dungeons are just rolling their thumbs while getting paid?
    Sigh
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame LFR for lack of new dungeons. As much as I love Blizz and their games, there just is a lack of new content which matters.
    Unlike popular beliefs LFR and scenarios are not viable options for content. These are simply recycled raids and recycled phased outdoor quests. Also level scaling old content is still what it is ... old content.
    Hell, with the entire Thunder King theme we have going on now, we could have had so much more than just quests where you kill X amount, impale Y amount and finx Z amount of stuff, but that's just what it had to come to once again.

They could have made new (and old) dungeons much more rewarding if there was actually any incentive to visit them.

Deleted
    yes
    Depends on what they are offering us instead of dungeons. I can absolutely guarentee you that most people if they had a choice of no dungeons but something else or a repeat of 4.1 rehashed troll dungeons with their horrible implementation then most people would go for the first. I would think that the ICC dungeons would be more regarded as a good implementation of new dungeons instead of the troll ones. But, like I said, every shit is gold to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    You believe the devs who otherwise make dungeons are just rolling their thumbs while getting paid?
    Sigh
    so what's the newest excuse they have lined up for this then
    lmfao are the dungeon guys also the quest guys, might explain why they're not making dungeons

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:43 PM ----------

Depends on what they are offering us instead of dungeons. I can absolutely guarentee you that most people if they had a choice of no dungeons but something else or a repeat of 4.1 rehashed troll dungeons with their horrible implementation then most people would go for the first. I would think that the ICC dungeons would be more regarded as a good implementation of new dungeons instead of the troll ones. But, like I said, every shit is gold to someone.
    sry i'd take troll dungeons over
    no dungeons
    u and ur imaginary legions of ppl can keep ur no dungeons

Deleted
    Such a shame. I'd rather have some interesting 5 mans to do when I don't have anything else to do than a shitton of scenarios I'll never run. But hey, that's just me.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-03-09 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    so what's the newest excuse they have lined up for this then
    lmfao are the dungeon guys also the quest guys, might explain why they're not making dungeons

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:43 PM ----------

sry i'd take troll dungeons over
    no dungeons
    u and ur imaginary legions of ppl can keep ur no dungeons
    Ah, so you have patch notes of 5.4 and can list all the content that is in it thus proving that not including dungeons is prime evidence of laziness by Blizzard? What use does new dungeons have when they have LFR? And if new dungeons no longer have a use wouldn't it be better to use those resources on something that does have a use by players? I await your post of the content of 5.4 with bated breath.

Deleted
    Ah, so you have patch notes of 5.4 and can list all the content that is in it thus proving that not including dungeons is prime evidence of laziness by Blizzard? What use does new dungeons have when they have LFR? And if new dungeons no longer have a use wouldn't it be better to use those resources on something that does have a use by players? I await your post of the content of 5.4 with bated breath.
    The fact that LFR can be run for loot once a week and leaves you with some dailies, scenarios or alts to level for the rest of the week (if you don't have time to go normal or heroic raiding) alone is a good reason for me to believe that interesting new 5-man heroics will be welcomed by a lot of people. Also there are quite some ways they could fit in the current raiding model.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-03-09 at 02:57 PM.

lmfao ur trying a little too hard
    it's like content is water and the playerbase sits in the desert, sitting around arguing abut who gets the last drop

10+ Year Old Account
    From how I understand this, the reward, attention, and development niche that 5-mans once had has been altered by the addition of LFR, scenarios, etc. If Blizzard wants to release more 5-mans and make them successful for the players, then they'll have to find a new niche to fit them into. I don't see this niche being found and/or used during this expansion due to the heavy planning that they've been doing for all of its patches, but I would like to see them find a new reason to make dungeons in the next.

I don't really care about this change at the moment because I've found other non-dungeon things that I enjoy doing, but I don't want to see them abandon 5-mans because they've been so important in the past that this change would be too much for some people to get used to, and, more importantly, I still see the appeal and potential that they can have when placed properly alongside the other gameplay options we have in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Storytelling?
    Scenarios are quicker and more efficient of doing exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yea that's exactly what I"m saying because that's exactly what people want. Look nobody did these fucking dailies in the past, or at least a minority of you people did. How the fuck can you say people were asking for more daily content WHEN THEY NEVER FUCKING DID DAILY CONTENT TO BEGIN WITH? If they did they wouldn't be fucking bored because the list of daily content in cataclysm is a mile fucking long. How do you not get this.
    and now hes flat out lying
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical blizz. They could really build up the story for SoO but are too lazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    The fact that LFR can be run for loot once a week and leaves you with some dailies, scenarios or alts to level for the rest of the week (if you don't have time to go normal or heroic raiding) alone is a good reason for me to believe that interesting new 5-man heroics will be welcomed by a lot of people.
    There are already HCs in game. Blizzard have developing LFR across MoP as the progression path for "casuals" and new dungeons, at a higher tier, would just undermine that. You don't need new HCs to reach your VP cap without doing dailys. I'm not saying I agree with this new model, but I do remember that whenever they did provide "catch-up" content there was a lot people who felt that this undermined their efforts across the previous tiers. The old system was far from perfect which is why I'm willing to go with this new one and make my mind up on what was the better system for me as a player at the end of the expansion.