Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So no easy epics to ease the massive ilvl gap later on, odd. Wonder how people are supposed to get from leveling greens to ilvl 550 in order to enter the last raids. Weeks of dailies? Every LFR raid a few times?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    just like we're doing raids to get gear for next raid.
    Your first day in WoW?
    Are you forgetting that in the last 2 xpacs by the final raid tier you did not have to go through the previous tiers in order to catch up with MoP's model you have to start at obsolete 5.0 raids to gear for obsolete 5.2 raids to gear for 5.4. There is also the que times with will undoubtedly be extremely long by the time 5.4 comes out and hardly anyone is doing 5.0 raids anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    So no easy epics to ease the massive ilvl gap later on, odd. Wonder how people are supposed to get from leveling greens to ilvl 550 in order to enter the last raids. Weeks of dailies? Every LFR raid a few times?
    Well yeah, LFR. They've increased the number of coins you can have and made it really easy to get them. When the patch released my druid had 10 coins. Now he has 20. It shouldn't take long to get gear.

Well...... this sucks for sure. I've actually always loved 5-man dungeons. I loved running them in vanilla, I loved running them in TBC (EXCEPT FOR U SHATTERED HALLS HEROIC), I loved running them in WotLK, and I.... didn't love them in Cata and MoP

Scenario's and LFR are the future now? They are both complete faceroll, there's no challenge whatssoever. Sure the MoP 5-mans were faceroll aswell, I'd much rather have some new interesting harder 5-mans. I can barely keep my eyes open in LFR, I always need to /follow people and afk my way to the end while I watch Youtube or such.

Blizzard makes it much easier for me to unsub, so far I'm unimpressed with 5.2 aswell. Inb4 ''go unsub nobody misses u bye'' or something, that would be too sad. I'm always very nice in WoW, I never ninja items, I'm a very good player that goes with speed trough every dungeon, with great DPS as tank. I even help people gearing up. If I should say goodbye, than I hope atleast the nice people will follow me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose
    What about people who actually like to do heroics? They get denied content.
    Five man dungeons always tell a story, so apparently we won't get any new storylines besides the raids?

And yeah, we have scenarios. But Blizzard have said that all the new scenarios are only playable once. So there is no replayability there.
    So I guess people are forced to keep doing the same dungeons over and over again for a year?

Best part of this thread is, before I clicked on it I already knew who would be bitching and what they would be saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Well...... this sucks for sure. I've actually always loved 5-man dungeons. I loved running them in vanilla, I loved running them in TBC (EXCEPT FOR U SHATTERED HALLS HEROIC), I loved running them in WotLK, and I.... didn't love them in Cata and MoP

Scenario's and LFR are the future now? They are both complete faceroll, there's no challenge whatssoever.
    I very much agree.

This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose, and if you want new challenge modes they've already hinted that they'd prefer to retool older content. Five mans are there to gear up before LFR, for quick valor runs and for challenge modes. That is their purpose, not catch up.
    Just because you don't enjoy them, doesn't mean 5 mans serve no purpose. In every expansion after vanilla, we've gotten new 5 man dungeons with later patches. They served several purposes then:

1. Filling gear holes for raiders with what may not be the best piece, but better than what they've been holding onto from the previous tier.
    2. Helping gear alts
    3. Adding additional story to the current patch. (The 3 dungeons added with DS were some of the best story dungeons in years)
    4. They can be a means of adding unique quest lines with powerful rewards (such as the battered hilt, Quel Delar chain)

LFR does not invalidate the need for additional 5 mans. And scenarios, for the most part, are a joke. Apparently just like how in Wrath, Blizz stopped adding side tier raids with the logic that we could do 10 and 25 of the same damn dungeon every week, now they consider LFR an "additional" option for time usage outside of the current progression tier.

Some people actually enjoy having the option of doing 5 mans and getting something out of them. This has been their most alt-unfriendly game since vanilla, and frankly, I don't know what the hell people do outside of raids once their main is geared and rep'd out if not work on alts. Additional 5 mans would have been a nice step to help that. Instead you have a choice: you can either grind the hell out of dailies for 2 months on each of your alts and do the further dummied down LFR or you can go back to the Cata model and just log in for your guild's raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    They said that?

Well, that officially marks my end of ever returning to WoW again. I thought the whole point of Pandaria was to offer various styles of different play to gear up the way you want to. What happened to that? Why are they now shifting back to the raiding model as the single core of the game?

EDIT: What's the point of gearing up via raids if you cant USE THAT GEAR for anything else other than raiding!?

Sad, sad day...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-03-09 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Meh. I don't care if i don't get raid gear equal itemlevel but i really can't see why i should be using same 463 ilvl weapon from expansion start to end. They should implement some system where later tier dungeon gear would not count up to itemlevel if they really fear that people use dungeons to hop tiers.

Though i'm already fed up to fact that if you don't raid even LFR in this expansion, you could fuck off. Ie. why the hell i get elder charms from dailies, why i can't use them on anything else than raiding? I hate to sound like your typical whiner but maybe it's just time for me to stop playing already.

Edit: or those new daily rep rewards: "wtf, some idiots are not running raids/LFR... ok lets put some valor rewards for them for pity"
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2013-03-09 at 05:05 PM.

This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose
    In Wrath of the Lich King I was running Heroics in full heroic ICC 25 man gear.

While in Violet Hold, this dialogue exchange happened:

Person: "I'm looking at your gear... why are you here? What can you possibly get out of these dungeons?"
    Me: "FUN! ^_^"
    Person: "hehe... I forgot about that!"

People like you forget that MMORPGs (and video games in general) are NOT JUST about min/maxing stats/gear - they're about having fun YOUR WAY. Wasn't that supposed to be the whole POINT of Pandaria?

MMORPGs were originally meant to be virtual worlds of varying playstyles that come together to form a community, helping each other in their own unique playstyle to help the other. They were NOT just about getting in big groups and killing things for upgrades.

To that end, I don't have to accept it. I can protest it... and, just like Cataclysm's failure justified my critisizms when I left it, I will do so again. Time will tell if I'm right or not... but honestly I don't care.

Because the reality is I don't have to Accept it. I can simply go play something else. Having these breaks from WoW has shown me that the grass is definitely greener on the other side - and I don't JUST mean other competing MMORPGs... I mean other GAMES. Other ways of playing... and doing other things.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-03-09 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?

It is fun to run 5mans.

I wouldn't mind if they added new dungeons but made the ilvl of the gear the same as the current ones. It's irritating trying to gear a few specs up like tanks and plate dps because there's only 1 set of legs that drops from heroics.

Deleted
    But now you get loot easier from LFR. You can get lots of coins and gear up in a week. What if those dungeons would drop the same gear as LFR? What would be the difference? You would at least have more content.
    There would be no point to actually running LFR then, or the old 5-mans. And people would start bitching about being forced to run the same two or three dungeons over and over and over...

Then again, people will bitch whatever the hell they do anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They said that?

Well, that officially marks my end of ever returning to WoW again. I thought the whole point of Pandaria was to offer various styles of different play to gear up the way you want to. What happened to that? Why are they now focusing on the raiding model as the single core of the game?

Sad, sad day...
    Yeah they said it a while back when they said there won't be new 5-mans for 5.2 because it doesn't fit the current raiding model. I can understand the reasoning, I think they're just underestimating how many people like the 5-man content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Meh. I don't care if i don't get raid gear equal itemlevel but i really can't see why i should be using same 463 ilvl weapon from expansion start to end. They should implement some system where later tier dungeon gear would not count up to itemlevel if they really fear that people use dungeons to hop tiers.

Though i'm already fed up to fact that if you don't raid even LFR in this expansion, you could fuck off. Ie. why the hell i get elder charms from dailies, why i can't use them on anything else than raiding? I hate to sound like your typical whiner but maybe it's just time for me to stop playing already.
    I'm sorry, but what do you actually do in wow? Figures you have already downed all the raremobs, etc. If you use WoW as a virtual chathub, why do you care about stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    There would be no point to actually running LFR then, or the old 5-mans. And people would start bitching about being forced to run the same two or three dungeons over and over and over...

Then again, people will bitch whatever the hell they do anyhow.
    How about: because you enjoy it. That's why LFR was created, so that people could have a chance to see the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    MMORPGs were originally meant to be virtual worlds of varying playstyles that come together to form a community, helping each other in their own unique playstyle to help the other. They were NOT just about getting in big groups and killing things for upgrades.
    Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this.

Deleted
    How about: because you enjoy it. That's why LFR was created, so that people could have a chance to see the raids.
    Because most people will still jump into the 5-mans since they're less of a hassle, lengthening the queues for LFR. Hard to enjoy something you don't even get to do.

To me the ICC 5mans in WotLK and the Hour of Twilight 5mans in Cataclysm stood out in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, better than some of the raids in the game.
    You are right, but the difference now is we have scenarios. .. Hall of Reflection would have been just as good as a scenario.... and without the queue times or 75% of all tanks dropping group after they didn´t get their shield on the first boss.