Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Player created content would be amazing! Even if they just gave us the tool and picked their favorite maps from users every month or something and added them to release. There would be so much potential and Blizzard is really solid at custom map making tools.
    Player generated content will come as a last resort, when blizzard stops developing wow/when wow goes F2P.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Player generated content will come as a last resort, when blizzard stops developing wow/when wow goes F2P.
    You're probably right but it would extend the life of the game either way. I've seen some incredible custom games from WC3 so I have a lot of faith in the community.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

nobodys reading this yayyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I sincerely hope not.

The worst thing they did in Cataclysm, in my opinion, is the 'updating' of old content. The quests were good - far better than the originals - but the updating of the timeline is extremely disappointing to me. WoW is a story, and it begins at level 1. All that content through classic is the chronological beginning of that story, and as the player continues to level, the timeline moves forward. This isn't the most elegant answer, being that this is a persistent world, but the fact that it was a consistent answer allowed us to suspend disbelief. Now, that formula is shattered, but only slightly. We move from level 1-60 in the Cataclysm timeline, then go back in time to outland to participate in those events, and then forward to WotLK but with partial changes (making the adjustment all the more jarring.) I sincerely hope the bronze dragonflight can fix this break in the timeline.
    this is why what i immagine isn't a static update like the cataclysm one but a step by step that slowly progress with both your character, the server and the patches that where released during the xpack. An automated system that keep the world updated to the most recent timeline without blizzard updating it manually. This is already possible as many part of the game have already be phased, theramore is just one example.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by wow114 View Post
    It could also be a reworked Path of the Titans or personal story questlines.
    It has to do something with old raids. I don't think it has connection to Path of the Titans

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So... I missed it. Does anyone know what the unannounced feature was? I haven't found any information on it yet.

Deleted
    Not announced, but since we got this quote

"Scaling down gear and character stats for old content is on the list of things that would be nice to do, it is just a matter of when there will be time to do it."

We can assume that old scaled raids it's not the feature coming now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    But... they said it was for 5.2, didn't they? 5.2 came already. Shouldn't we know what the feature was?

No, they said it will be for 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    But... they said it was for 5.2, didn't they? 5.2 came already. Shouldn't we know what the feature was?
    Nope, its supposed to come out with the Siege of Orgrimmar patch.

Here's a brainstorm I had today -

The 'Champion' System

The Champion system is, in a nutshell, an alternate advancement system for alts. When a character reaches the maximum level, you can access the Champion Interface and select a character on the same realm to 'champion'. While championing a specific character, any time you kill a mob, complete a quest, or perform any similar action that would cause you to gain Exp, that alt gains an amount of exp. This doesn't allow you to level these characters straight from 1-Max without ever touching them, however. Every 10th level, your alt will have to complete a solo scenario intended to teach specific points about that class ('here's your interrupt spell, now kill this boss making sure you interrupt the heals' etc.) to unlock the next 10 levels. Completing each scenario at every 10th level awards the character with a set of green gear comparable to questing gear at that level.

This is an extension of the grand commendation system in many ways - once you've gotten a character to max level, it becomes easier to progress the alts. As we begin to look towards expansion 5 and either a 95 or 100 level cap, it becomes even clearer that some sort of alternate advancement system like this would be beneficial.

I can see something like this being implemented soon, maybe as the 'unannounced' feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.

2. Random Raid Finder. This may not be the feature they're talking about, but will probably be introduced in 5.3. Keep the older MoP raids alive, while giving players extra valor for completing a random raid.

3. Some kind of user created content. Highly unlikely, but had to put it here just in case. I hate to say player housing, because I don't think that fits w/ wow and devs have stated many times they don't like the idea, but something similar is probably to be expected. I honestly thing they are slowly testing the waters for this with sunsong ranch.

Just my 2 cents. Your thoughts?
    Random LFR and Scaling of old content is not New Content.

The user created content is the only new content possible from your suggestions.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Not announced, but since we got this quote

"Scaling down gear and character stats for old content is on the list of things that would be nice to do, it is just a matter of when there will be time to do it."

We can assume that old scaled raids it's not the feature coming now.
    You may be quite correct in saying that. Still, it's a bit of a leap to say that this more or less guarantees that the quote rules it out for a patch that we won't see for several months yet. I'll agree that it might appear to be a bit less likely. But that's not a 'no'.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I'm hoping something allowing players to downgrade their level to that of other players so that they can quest with lower level friends, re-experience old dungeons ect. It wouldn't exactly create a lot of new content, but it would certainly open the game world an awful lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Here's a brainstorm I had today -

The 'Champion' System

The Champion system is, in a nutshell, an alternate advancement system for alts. When a character reaches the maximum level, you can access the Champion Interface and select a character on the same realm to 'champion'. While championing a specific character, any time you kill a mob, complete a quest, or perform any similar action that would cause you to gain Exp, that alt gains an amount of exp. This doesn't allow you to level these characters straight from 1-Max without ever touching them, however. Every 10th level, your alt will have to complete a solo scenario intended to teach specific points about that class ('here's your interrupt spell, now kill this boss making sure you interrupt the heals' etc.) to unlock the next 10 levels. Completing each scenario at every 10th level awards the character with a set of green gear comparable to questing gear at that level.

This is an extension of the grand commendation system in many ways - once you've gotten a character to max level, it becomes easier to progress the alts. As we begin to look towards expansion 5 and either a 95 or 100 level cap, it becomes even clearer that some sort of alternate advancement system like this would be beneficial.

I can see something like this being implemented soon, maybe as the 'unannounced' feature
    I like it. I could see myself getting into that, as I quite enjoy alts.

Deleted
    Big scale open world encounters/bosses is what I expect, they are already toying with the idea on Isle of Thunder and Giants. I can see them expanding on this by adding stages and story to the open world like Guild Wars 2.

I mean Isle of thunder is just like something from GW2 (without the stages) at the moment, trade is spammed with ''x rare is up'' and people rush to kill it and it works im loving it at the moment. If they expand on that and go all out GW style it could be really good.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-03-10 at 11:11 AM.

my guess is solo-raids with viewers. really hard/challenging content where you can watch the ppl like in the brawlers guild. we have solo fights and solo scenarios already

Deleted
    With the recent news from Blizzard, i'm hoping for 'xxxx must die!' weekly type quest, but instead of it being a boss, it's a raid were everyone is tuned down to the gear required to defeat said raid with about the same level of difficulty as they would LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said shortly before release of 5.4 that it will bring a lot of content for players (can't find the source anymore).

I think it will be one of the following due to the introduction of faction-tags and health scaling of bosses:

i) open world, large scale events

ii) scaled down old raids like MC (if you only get in with 5players the bosses will scale to 5; otherwise to 40man....)

If ii) will come; I will be a bit disappointed because they should leave the past behind and instead create other content. Old raids running again won't get me the same excited and is just boring as time progresses.

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler's unannounced feature might be in Patch 5.4 if it is complete in time. As far as a hint goes, "A lot of players have suggested that they be able to do older content, so it is something along those lines".

On the frontpage atm, so it seems like it will be mentoring system