Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now that I've had time to think about it, I can't really blame them.

In previous expansions new 5-mans tended to serve as a mechanism to gear up your character outside of regular raiding, as well as set the stage for the associated raid. This was all well and good, but LFR allows players to raid current content without being part of a regular raiding group and scenarios can do just as good, if not a better job at setting the stage for the raid instance.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Hm, Cata initial raids were harder then MoP ones. At least from my PoV.
    T11 and T12 were probably but they were nerfed while they were current content so more people could do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    I haven't been is LFR, don't want to destroy my raiding. I raid for fun, not gear.
    Your guild went into Mogushan with blue heroic gear and you played through it ? Respect.
    But in the end it's kinda strange to say (not you but Blizzard) "If it's to hard for you gear up in LFR" and then say "Well it's your fault you went to LFR so often that you can't stand the place anymore".

Deleted
    I don't think LFR is a working way of doing the gear "catch-up" system, because of the extremely long que times, which are just going to get even longer once new LFR and raid content will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    My only wish is for the lazy people to leave WoW, Casuals are fine and never a problem unless they refuse to learn and better themselves.
    Be careful what you wish for because with only dedicated raiders the game will be under 1 mil players and on life support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Be careful what you wish for because with only dedicated raiders the game will be under 1 mil players and on life support.
    Meh I could live with it, people can live with a game being under 500k, I can surely live with it being 1 Million.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    T11 and T12 were probably but they were nerfed while they were current content so more people could do them.

Your guild went into Mogushan with blue heroic gear and you played through it ? Respect.
    But in the end it's kinda strange to say (not you but Blizzard) "If it's to hard for you gear up in LFR" and then say "Well it's your fault you went to LFR so often that you can't stand the place anymore".
    Nah, we started raiding later, in january. By that time I did my dailies and got epics. I am tank, so to be all in blues wouldn't be nice to my healers

Meh I could live with it, people can live with a game being under 500k, I can surely live with it being 1 Million.
    And i bet it will be nice to have only dedicated raiders but only one new raid every 18 months.

Deleted
    The only reason I find this a little surprising is because of the addition of challenge modes, I had thought maybe they'd want to add to that in future, but on the other hand I guess the vast majority of the payer base hasn't completed or even attempted the current ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    And i bet it will be nice to have only dedicated raiders but only one new raid every 18 months.
    who said it had to be 18 months ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

AH Gear >>>>> Dungeons gear,

why make new dungeon, they are useless, and plus, we need to form a group and WoW do not focus on grouping

I just wonder why they don't pull the plug already

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    My only wish is for the lazy people to leave WoW, Casuals are fine and never a problem unless they refuse to learn and better themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 12:01 PM ----------

Reminds me of TBC progression in a way.

Venziir you got a point, good sir.
    Why thank you kind Archdruid!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.

It's just a guess, of course, but if they now can afford a dev team that can release a new raid every 9 months, how large do you think their dev team will be with 1/10th of the subs ?
    Probably you won't get any new raids at all, look at all the failed MMOs, once they went under a certain sub number they went on life support and only had a small dev team that only does balancing patches and no new content at all.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.
    Magisters Terrace, the first 5man heroic that dropped all epics ?

People complaining about leveling? Better do nothing about that. People complaining about daily quests? Better add a whole lot more of them. People complaining about no new dungeons? Better add more scenarios.

It's just an excuse to not have to devote time to something else, that's it. A game with this many subs and that much money, do you really think when they say "Do you want an awesome new raid or a crappy raid because we spent time on dungeons?" It's bull, and people buy it.

Personally I enjoyed the content in this game, but I absolutely hate how everything is being done in this expansion. They have a different 'mindset' and people are realizing how annoying it is. Their new "content" is nothing but the more of what I hate.

I don't do LFR (24 strangers? no thanks) and I run dungeons for fun, not for gear. I could give a flying rat's ass about gear. And I've done dailies for three months and if I do anymore dailies I will vomit. I don't play for progression or gear. So basically for people like me, it's Blizzard sticking the middle finger at my playstyle.

Deleted
    1 million players would be around 13 million revenue. For Blizzard that isn't much at all. They would massively downsize support, developement and other branches.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Yeah, because it is great fun to run the first tier with an alt, then the second one and finally after months of grinding finally getting to the last and final tier. Because that's how it's going to be in 5.4+.

They murdered PUG raids and you guys cheered, they introduced an insane ammount of boring and repetitive dailys after molten front failed hard and you guys cheered, they introduced useless and annoying scenarios in favor of new dungeons and you guys cheered. But obviously those 4 million players who have left since Wotlk were all scrubs and casuals and we're better off without them.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-03-10 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Not happy with this decision, dungeons are, always have been and always should be an integral part of World of Warcraft. They should be the perfect stepping stone to raiding, teaching you the basics of boss mechanics and rewarding good play with gear rather than this god-awful daily quests for gear system MoP has had going on. PvE should be rewarded with PvE gear and 5 mans should challenge players and make them concentrate, in order to hone their skills for raiding. Maybe I'm living in the past but 5 mans are becoming irrelevant by Blizzards own doing, if they aren't rewarding good PvE gear rather than dailies and setting up 5 mans so they can be roflstomped then it's no surprise they become a pointless exercise.

I sound like a broken record but nothing has come close to matching BC's dungeon and raiding principle, 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 4 raids -> tier 5 raids -> tier 6 raids. A clear path of progression and with the odd attunement key required to make sure their aren't any shortcuts. And now with LFR they can cater to people who aren't interesting in that little extra challenge and want to "see the content" and just goof around and see some awesome bosses. In short I don't like this decision, I do not like the current raiding model and it needs changing, in my personal opinion of course.
    Last edited by mmoc13d98a5557; 2013-03-10 at 04:32 PM.

Do people actually like scenario's? I think its a pretty lazy design, because you just use a zone already in game and adding some new astuff thats gonna happen.

Atleast with 5-man dungeons, they design a complete new place. Look at Stratholme, Dire Maul, Forge of Souls, Well of Eternity, all completely new area's to explore and fight in.

Scenario's is just ''save festivals and we need to make more beer!'', doesn't sound like the game I used to play...

If we get more scenario's like the Vol'Jin ones, than I'd approve

Furthermore, billions of $$ of revenue and we get dailies and scenarios? Wow, just wow.

scenarios? I run them once, but since I cant "blacklist" the boring ones from random and doing specific scenarios gives zero rewards even for fresh 90, I cant give a damn about them.
    And serioulsy, LFR as a catch up mechanism instead of dungs? You can beat bad rng in dungeons by running more of them, you can beat bad rng in LFR... only by more rng in coins. Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.