Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Amazing unique items dropping all the time is the single worst idea I've ever heard for an ARPG.
    Worked just fine for me and other players in d2.

Even if you get one bis item in average after a day of intensive farming it will still take you months to get all your characters geared.

What blows my mind is how much useless garbage is on sale in the AH - for prices like 10mil - 1 bil. These arent good items at all, HEY DUDE... the 50 results that came before yours are twice as good - yet half the price? Why the F would anyone buy your crap for more?

I love people pointing out how the AH is awesome because of how much more efficient it is.

Nobody is arguing it's not efficent. the problem is IT'S NOT F'ING FUN.

Finding and trading for items is a million times for satisfying and fun than buying them Wal-Mart style.

It's kind of like the difference between going fishing and buying fish.

When you go fishing, it's not simply about acquiring fish. You could drive to the store and buy all the fish you wanted much cheaper and easier.

However the experience of fishing is a fun enjoyable activity so people do it.

Path of Exile is a million times better without an AH. I love the fact trading is chaotic and a chore, that's what makes it fun.

I know 3rd party sites will always sell gear, but if they are external a small % of the playerbase consumes it. Whereas in D3 I'd say pretty close to 100% of players have used the auction house at some point.

The AH is annonymous, it's no different from an in-game vendor. Collect gold, buy the gear you want, that absolutely KILLS an item hunting themed game and why D3 is such a steaming pile of shit.

Deleted
    Path of Exile = Real diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    Come tell us about it again in 9 month.
    Its hard not to notice some major flaws in gameplay that will kill the desire to play very soon.

The only thing that I really liked about it is the skill tree. When I look at it I feel like I'm playing FFX again. Square did amazing job developing this skill tree. IMO, its one of the most interesting skill tree implementations. Its strange that no one reused it before poe did.
    And too bad that when I close it I see the ugly face of my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    I love people pointing out how the AH is awesome because of how much more efficient it is.

Nobody is arguing it's not efficent. the problem is IT'S NOT F'ING FUN.

Finding and trading for items is a million times for satisfying and fun than buying them Wal-Mart style.
    Opinions.

Sitting in games for hours waiting for people to come with what you want, only for them to scream at you and laugh, is not my idea of fun.

Deleted
    selling gold in the rmah seems to be pretty dead.
    25 cent per million is to high a price now a days.

and if you look on other stuff like gems in the auction house.
    I saw that apparently according to some google posts from the beginning of april the radiant gems went from 3.50 to 2 euros.
    I can say that they are now down to 1 euro for a radiant gem.
    that is 1 euro for a gem that sells for 21 mio gold in the gold AH. or about 5 cent per million.

So yea it is safe to say that probably either no one is buying and people are desperate to sell their stuff or a bunch of bots are simply farming incridible amounts of gold completely devaluating the value of gold. My money would be on the latter being the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    selling gold in the rmah seems to be pretty dead.
    25 cent per million is to high a price now a days.

and if you look on other stuff like gems in the auction house.
    I saw that apparently according to some google posts from the beginning of april the radiant gems went from 3.50 to 2 euros.
    I can say that they are now down to 1 euro for a radiant gem.
    that is 1 euro for a gem that sells for 21 mio gold in the gold AH. or about 5 cent per million.

So yea it is safe to say that probably either no one is buying and people are desperate to sell their stuff or a bunch of bots are simply farming incridible amounts of gold completely devaluating the value of gold. My money would be on the latter being the bigger problem.
    Aye, if you want to buy gold for quick gearing up, it is better to buy gems for $ and sell hem for gold, also if you want to cashout, rewersed method is the only possible option on rmah for now.

I think that Blizz by itself is selling gold on rmah and putting items on it. Why?
    - nobody can control it
    - they will earn much more and can somehow reproduce it in database, I am still wondering how they are legally covering this whole rmah income, but they have enough $ for the best lawyers to find a way
    - nobody can see a name of the seller
    - they can control it and only put gold and commodities and like 30% of the best/great items (30% is out of my head, just to keep ppl playing).

etc
    It is sad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening. Dark side of greed where it's uncontrolled leads developers to veeery ugly scenarios.

Of course, making a greater game and having bigger success would give them more money, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    PoE is constatly losing playerbase, it is only a matter of time when major flaws of this product will make more and more ppl quit, the quality level is one of the reasons.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-03-19 at 02:09 AM.