Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Male Humans and male worgen are the only male race models that I think carry plate armor well.

Tauren, Goblins, and Gnomes are just too silly looking in plate, trolls are too skinny, and, along with orcs, have posture problems, and blood elves, Night elves, and Draenei carry themselves too... poised... to look right in plate armor. Undead are the exact opposite of "menacing" in plate, with their giant cartoony arm and leg bones poking right through, while Pandaren might be better if the plate armor tucked their belly in a little... Plate should not stretch out so easily.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    For me I feel all models pre- cata NEED updating, but in terms of the worst Id have to say troll. They just don't look right to me, the female trolls look fine imo (aside from graphically) but the whole 'model' of the trolls is just hideous, male troll in robes - bottom half is far too wide / flat. In plate their legs are far too thin, and their shoulder armour doesnt look proportionally correct.

All the other races tend to 'feel' like they should, peoples complaints are mostly just based on what they like in a race, for example 'pandaren cos they just look big and bouncy' well yea, thats the intention, they are SUPPOSED to look big and bouncy. Worgen, are supposed to look like they do and imo are the best looking 'werewolf' like race in any game, the run animation looks a little odd to me but other then that they are fine.

Nelf male animations, human male gorilla, upper lip missing model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    if every human was anorexic you mean.
    That infact might explain why people want to play them, to create the illusion of being that skinny.
    What are you even on
    blood elf females are on the thin side but to everyone thin-fit blood elf male is the closest to what you get to actual human propotions in WoW.

On topic:

Human males for various reasons. Whenever I'm bored I get human male on character creation screen and hit randomise. 99% of time the combination is so bad it's not even funny expect it is.

I think I'm the only one who actually is okay with male draenei, though they look like 100000x hotter and better in artwork than actually in-game but I guess that stands true for every race ever, expect for pandaren and goblin, who, in my opinion, look pretty nice.

Male worgen are also terrible and their terribadness is not helped by the fact their animations are downright goofy. AND they transform into human males so double the fail, double the pain~~~

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    What are you even on
    blood elf females are on the thin side but to everyone thin-fit blood elf male is the closest to what you get to actual human propotions in WoW.

On topic:

Human males for various reasons. Whenever I'm bored I get human male on character creation screen and hit randomise. 99% of time the combination is so bad it's not even funny expect it is.

I think I'm the only one who actually is okay with male draenei, though they look like 100000x hotter and better in artwork than actually in-game but I guess that stands true for every race ever, expect for pandaren and goblin, who, in my opinion, look pretty nice.

Male worgen are also terrible and their terribadness is not helped by the fact their animations are downright goofy. AND they transform into human males so double the fail, double the pain~~~
    Male Worgen in Warrior T13. Your move.

Deleted
    Bear form. (I guess it can be considered a male model)

Ass up, head down. looks stupid imo.

Personally I'm not a fan of Humans, for all the reasons said so far, and Orcs, because their shoulders are too big comparatively to their head.
    I absolutely love the Male Draenei and for the most part think they have them spot on. They are supposed to be a "regal" race, which is why they carry themselves with authority in plate.(yeah yeah, waggle and all that. Hit / sometime and watch them WALK)
    I also love male Trolls. They just work. Can't explain it, but that's it.
    I would love to see some updates to Tauren though. Out of all the Horde races I think they are the only ones(besides orcs) who NEED a model update. Dat permanent grimace..:S

Short races aside (I think they all look ridiculous, male or female) I would say draenei are the ugliest male model.

If you start to really look at them, they all look pretty bad. Then again that's just the art style of the game I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Male Worgen in Warrior T13. Your move.
    Whoaaaa it looks...
    ... still bad.
    I mean it's better than male worgen in any cloth set ever (plus as a warrior you don't need to watch their weirdass casting animation, which, in my opinion, is ever worse than the night elf male migraine cast) but that's saying having only your dominant hand broken is better than having two broken arms - it might be, but you're still in pain and not having fun. They try so hard to be badass wolves it loops back to awkward and stays there. It has something to do how tiny their legs look compared to their upper body I think, like they should fall down any moment.

I mean there is cartoony propotion for exaggerating the bigness (seen in characters like original Tiny the Tiger from Crash Bandicoot) but worgen males are such a weird combination of somewhat realistic features and surprise cartoon physique it just does not look good.

IMO, humans...thankfully I'm horde and don't have to look at them much but yeah, they're horrible. I think every vanilla race will benefit quite a bit from the updated polygon count models but some more than others.

Gnomes have objectively the most un-polygonned faces in the game. I can't wait to see how they fix this...

Pretty much almost every male race in the game. But male draenei especially.The way they look...Their animations... It's all coming apart when they start to move. I'm having problems with taking male draenei players serious... :< They make me laugh.

Male Draenei. In the TBC cinematic that Draenei looks badass, like the Belf female. Then you log in and look at them...at least the female belf looks akin to it's cinematic counterpart. The Draenei male looks like that paladin's retarded cousin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draeneis, no contest.

Anyone that says blood elves are just jealous!!!

/flips hair

Anyway the worgen models are by far the worst imo. Whoever came up with their animations must have been drunk when they did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Humans, as they don't look like a normal human at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren, night elves, gnomes, dwarves, dranaei... in that order.

Just as insight, I've done some work in the animation field and I have some experience making models for games and I have to say in a way, these models are marvels of software engineering. The game was developed in the years preceding 2004 and back then, MMO game engines weren't nearly as powerful as they are today. Each character had a strict budget when it came to polygons and often times that all they had to work with, no wiggle room. If you use Machinima Studio or WoW Model viewer you would see, each model has a similar polygon count of around 1-2000 triangles. It may sound like a lot, but this is a very low limit. Considering our budget today can be much higher. I'm sure they can do some revamping but this is just an explanation as to why the models are the way they are now. In order to run a game on this scale, the characters had to be made of a reasonable amount of data (Triangles.) This is not an account of laziness, but rather budget; both for information as well as money and tech.
    I'm not sure how'd they go about replacing the models in the game as I'm not a programmer, but I thought I'd offer some info just in case anyone was interested. Oh, and I never thought humans were that ugly truth be told... Maybe something wrong with me eyes.

Blood Elves. They just look so flamboyantly homosexual.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are saying blood elves. The males have the most realistic looking muscle tone/mass.

Second, I don't get why people call them gay because they're elves and elves are supposed to be refined and sophisticated. I guess that's considered "gay" these days.