Thinking about buying a second account, need advice! [WoW]

Sup.

So I'm quite sure I'm going to get a second account this friday and upgrade it all the way to MoP.
    What I have to spend for it is about 50 bucks for the games and 15 bucks for the game time, which isn't alot to me and I do want to spend my money on this so please don't leave a shitty reply like "Waste of money imo" etcetc.
    My plans are to play one character on my main account with a character on account 2, multibox and level together. Now what I've found out is that the RaF exp lasts for 90 days, account 2 gets one month game time for upgrading the account and one month from battle chest, which means I'll have to buy one month for account 2 so I can play on it during the whole RaF. During these 90 days, I plan on leveling as many characters as I can to 80 (Where the exp bonus stops) and transfer the characters on account 2 to my main account, then level them to 90. After the RaF is done, account 2 will have no characters, but I can still use it for when friends come over and want to play with me.

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Is everything I mentioned correct?
    Any tips will be appreciated.

As said, I only want replies that support this and not negative replies, these will be deleted.

Sorry if there are bad sentences and/or bad grammar, I was quite tired when I posted this.

-dezno

Deleted
    What you plan to do works in theory yeah, only I will point out some things that you might need to take note of:

- "Multiboxing" isn't just as simple as /follow. If you actually want to effectively level 2 characters at the same time, you need to invest in some specific macroing abilities (not limited to in WoW) etc. that can play two characters at a time. If you just /follow you'll lag behind and be a burden to groups in instances - Don't be selfish!
    - Transferring the characters from account 1 to account 2 is gonna cost you like... 15 dollars each? (idk, I'm from England) You say the money "isn't a lot to you" to pay for two accounts, but I think it might be worth noting that transferring 4 characters on top of the second account price might add up.

Those things aside, yeah - your plan works, good luck!

(Off topic - You only want supportive replies and nothing that disagrees with you? Nice discussion skills :P)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest thing is it is technically against the TOS to buy accounts. Not that Blizz acts on that.

Also, multiboxing is currently undergoing a bit of a crisis with the removal of /follow from BGs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Biggest thing is it is technically against the TOS to buy accounts. Not that Blizz acts on that.

Also, multiboxing is currently undergoing a bit of a crisis with the removal of /follow from BGs.
    By "buying second account" he means "paying for the game and all expansions for a second account"

What I meant was more like I don't want replies saying that it costs alot of money etc, that's my bsns. Before shit goes down I will definitely read up on some multiboxing guides including macros etc, thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by dezno; 2013-03-11 at 12:19 AM.

Yes, everything you have mentioned is spot on.

You'd be wise to browse some addons, namely Hydra which can share quests between your characters, auto hand in etc.

If you want to actually run instances get a program called Keyclone that will send the key depressions from WoW 1 to WoW 2

Sounds about right, but one thing i want to mention is that you can always grant a level, long time since i did RAF but think this is still here, right ? Grant a level ?

Level character A to 80, level character B to 40, make character A grant character B 40 levels, now you got 2 level 80 characters without having to deal with prob 3/4 of the leveling process of character B.

Quote Originally Posted by Draketh View Post
    Sounds about right, but one thing i want to mention is that you can always grant a level, long time since i did RAF but think this is still here, right ? Grant a level ?

Level character A to 80, level character B to 40, make character A grant character B 40 levels, now you got 2 level 80 characters without having to deal with prob 3/4 of the leveling process of character B.
    Hmm, this is something I haven't looked into yet, I haven't done research on it either, but I think it's still there. Anyone got an update on this/does it work?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    By "buying second account" he means "paying for the game and all expansions for a second account"
    By "Leveling" I also mean quests and instances, not bgs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Ah in that case it's totally fine.

When people say "buying second account" I assume they're talking about going on ebay and buying someone's account.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Never mind, Draketh. The point is to level two characters together so that I get triple exp and I think that will be alot faster than to level one character without triple exp and grant them, I'm tired soz. -___-
    Feel free to post any tips etc, but I'm going to bed now so I won't check in on the forum until tommorow, gn!
    Last edited by dezno; 2013-03-11 at 12:28 AM. Reason: tired

IMO you should wait until they do another sale, they had the chestbox(vanilla-wrath) for $5 and cata and mop for I think $20 each.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    IMO you should wait until they do another sale, they had the chestbox(vanilla-wrath) for $5 and cata and mop for I think $20 each.
    Again; "What I meant was more like I don't want replies saying that it costs alot of money etc, that's my bsns. "

Quote Originally Posted by dezno View Post
    Again; "What I meant was more like I don't want replies saying that it costs alot of money etc, that's my bsns. "
    Not meaning to say that, just trying to help out.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Have done this a fair bit...though most of what I did was ages ago (when WOTLK was the new expansion). At that time, you could only RAF to 60, so things could have changed.
    Easiest way to do this is to create 2 toons (same race helps but is not much of a hassle to manage) and get them to level 10 using quests. You get triple xp so this should barely take any time. I have done this without proper multiboxing (as in without any thing apart from /follow, alt + tab :P) so i imagine it might be faster if you do it the proper way (using macros & keyclones etc).
    Once you get to level 10 (or 15 now?), you should be able to enter your first dungeon - deadmines. Now, get a higher level person to run you (both your low level toons) through it till u get to the level for next dungeon (15 - stockades).
    If you don't have friends who can help you with this, you can pay people as well. Most people would be happy to run you for 100g (considering it barely takes 10 minutes).
    With a level 80+ running you, it should take you 10 minutes to finish a full run, giving you about 2 levels of xp (can get even better if you have dungeon quests). Rinse and repeat and keep changing to different dungeons when it makes sense.
    Choosing the right dungeons can be tricky, you should avoid dungeons such as bwd, maraudon etc...deadmines -> stocks -> sm different wings -> zf -> strath -> ramps/bf should work fine till level 70ish. I assume utgarde keep -> nerub -> dtk -> vh should be best till 80. not fully sure though.

I have multiboxed all 3 accounts required for this (2 lowbies + high level 'runner') and I reckon I can easily get a pair to 80 in 2-3 days. Each 80 you get on your main account also gives you 40 free levels, so if you plan well, you might be able to manage with just 2-3 full 1-80 cycles.
    Also, keep in mind that the characters need to be within 3 levels of each other to get the xp boost. To make sure they are relatively close to each other, you can simply get a toon killed at the entrance of a dungeon (so that it doesn't recieve any xp but the other toon keeps getting triple xp).

Also...if money is no concern to you, you could look at 3 accounts (so you remove the dependency of having a runner friend).

One more thing to keep in mind -> if both the accounts are in the same b.net account, real id messes up. And keep the last name (and ideally all details) same on the 2nd account to ensure hassle-less transfer

Couple things:

It's pretty quick to level the alts to 80 by getting a buddy to drag you through instances and doing instance quests.

That being said, It's going to cost you money to transfer the extra characters to the other account. For every 2 80's you level, you'll get 80 banked levels your new account can grant to the main account.

What I generally do is grab a WoW key when it all goes on sale (Happens pretty often) start up a new trial account using RAF, and upgrade.

I /follow level through the starting zone, till I'm high enough to enter ragefire chasm (horde). get both alts to org (from wherever) and get to work. You can do classic instances allaway up to level 57, that's the minimum level to get into HFR, do that to level 60 grab quests, one more time (will ding you 61) and then onto the next instance. At 67, you can start doing utgarde keep. takes about 3 runs to 70. I'd stop at 75, do AoA, then onto gundrak, halls of stone, and halls of lightning.

Generally, I make disposable characters on the off account, and the characters I'd intend to keep on the main account. 80-90 is another deal (the first few levels are bruuutal until you start getting gear), but ultimately, if you were to level all 11 classes, you'd have to do the 1-80 thing 7 times, and boost 4 characters free. (google the macro to make this easier.) While it is more work, if you've got someone dragging you (or a high level character on another account, like I did) 1-80 is doable in a pretty short spurt (about 4-6 hours iirc.)

Additionally, If you never intend to level on the second account past 80, you might want to consider if you even need Cata/MoP activated.

You'll need to remember that it takes some gold to get these characters mount training, dual spec, glyphs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

He means buy a second account & all the expansions - quite legal - I have 3. he is not talking about buying an account with chars on it - he mentions RaF and that can only be used with a new account. If he does not plan to do BGs, no problem, I never multiboxed in BGs.