Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to be lobbying like a mad man in 2014 and 2016 for Texas to go blue, not sure which office I'll be working for though yet.

If the Republicans lose Texas, it'll be a fucking huge blow.

And I couldn't consider voting for a Republican at all unless they became socially liberal, but then I don't really agree with their economic policies...so
    nah they still have the south and the bible belt locked down along with idaho and alaska. florida has a pretty big voting count still.once they lose florida then they might be in serious trouble.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, there are a lot of rumours flying around and the fact that Democrats are starting to lobby hard down here in Texas, it could become a swing state by 2016.

Here's their site:
    http://www.battlegroundtexas.com/content/home
    i meant that even if they lose texas they still have all those other states locked down.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I don't know, there are a lot of rumours flying around and the fact that Democrats are starting to lobby hard down here in Texas, it could become a swing state by 2016.

Here's their site:
    http://www.battlegroundtexas.com/content/home
    With the increase in people that live in cities, the increase of educated people, and the increase of legal immigrants, Texas could very well start turning blue-ish. I'm not thinking it will be in play in 2016, but by 2020 it certainly could be.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i meant that even if they lose texas they still have all those other states locked down.
    Ummm... GOP doesn't have Florida locked down, and Texas has an huge amount of EC votes (38). By comparison, Alaska has 3 EC votes to Hawaii's 4.

i just pray on my life its not that clown mitt romney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    i just pray on my life its not that clown mitt romney.
    there are much worse candidates than mitt romney.

there are much worse candidates than mitt romney.
    well that goes without question, you could pick any hillbilly and i'd agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    well that goes without question, you could pick any hillbilly and i'd agree with you.
    mitt romney isnt that bad compared to say sarah palin,mike huckabee or rick santorum or even michelle bachman. i'd even pick him over george w. bush any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given Rand Paul's recent posturing, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a move for a GOP nomination. Democrat, I have no clue.

mitt romney isnt that bad compared to say sarah palin,mike huckabee or rick santorum or even michelle bachman. i'd even pick him over george w. bush any day.
    While I agree with you, I just have to say how pitiful that group of recent nominees you've mentioned is for the republican party. GWB was a complete sham, and I think everyday how much better off this country would be if Al Gore were running the country. The republican is just out of touch with the youth/minory and we've recently all started voting.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Hopefully the republicans will have someone who is more likable and resilient to media hits.
    The republicans will always have someone who Fox loves and the rest of the media despises. In like fashion, the democrat candidate will have the exact opposite responses. So "likable" ends up being in the eyes of the beholder and will as long as we stay beholden to the 2 party system and allow ourselves to get divided along political lines.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:20 AM ----------

While I agree with you, I just have to say how pitiful that group of recent nominees you've mentioned is for the republican party. GWB was a complete sham, and I think everyday how much better off this country would be if Al Gore were running the country. The republican is just out of touch with the youth/minory and we've recently all started voting.
    You said "sham" and "Al Gore" in the same sentence without equating the two. I found that humorous. =)

Sarah Palin will win the Republican nomination when pigs fly. Anyone suggesting anything to the contrary just proves how truly warped and exaggerated their view of the GOP's troubles is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Sarah Palin will win the Republican nomination when pigs fly. Anyone suggesting anything to the contrary just proves how truly warped and exaggerated their view of the GOP's troubles is.
    didnt she get vp once already? that alone speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    Palin doesn't stand a chance. She has been a walking joke since she was even nominated for vice president. You'll probably see Ryan as the Republican's choice. As for Hillary, I'd like to say you'll see her, but at most I think you'll see her as a VP candidate. A lot of Americans aren't exactly happy with how Obama is turning out. He's down to a 43% approval rating. Americans are going to go with something safe most likely next time, and that means a white male.

She only got the the VP nod because they were trying to beat the first timeness of a black candidate by having a female one. Even the Republicans themselves complained about how bad it backfired by giving her the nod.

Clinton/Warren vs. Rubio/Christie

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm going to be lobbying like a mad man in 2014 and 2016 for Texas to go blue, not sure which office I'll be working for though yet.

If the Republicans lose Texas, it'll be a fucking huge blow.

And I couldn't consider voting for a Republican at all unless they became socially liberal, but then I don't really agree with their economic policies...so
    The thing is, Texas will not go democrat as most people in Texas, as supported by almost every election in the past 25 years or more have shown.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The republicans will always have someone who Fox loves and the rest of the media despises. In like fashion, the democrat candidate will have the exact opposite responses. So "likable" ends up being in the eyes of the beholder and will as long as we stay beholden to the 2 party system and allow ourselves to get divided along political lines.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:20 AM ----------

You said "sham" and "Al Gore" in the same sentence without equating the two. I found that humorous. =)
    like he wouldnt have been 100x better than GWB? Come on...

A woman as the president? my dad would rolling over in his grave.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i actually dont think either of them two will run. well its possible they might run but theres no way palin gets nominated, i just cant see the republican party giving her the nod. republican candidates i would suspect will be rubio, christie, and rand paul. those i would expect to be the front runners.

as for democrats, well its certainly possible clinton will run but i dont think she'll win the nomination. i think if kerry stays on as sec of state he'll run for president

10+ Year Old Account
    like he wouldnt have been 100x better than GWB? Come on...
    speaking of bush i have heard some talk of jeb running in 2016. however i think George w. bush ruined any chance of that.

The only thing it speaks volumes about is that the left, both politicians and media, are just as willing to use condescending sexism and cultural intolerance as anybody else. If there's one good thing about the 2008 election it's that it brought out the worst of the left's hypocrisy in this regard.