Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The only thing it speaks volumes about is that the left, both politicians and media, are just as willing to use condescending sexism and cultural intolerance as anybody else. If there's one good thing about the 2008 election it's that it brought out the worst of the left's hypocrisy in this regard.
    Oh lord. Just put the hyperbole and rhetoric down for just a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing it speaks volumes about is that the left, both politicians and media, are just as willing to use condescending sexism and cultural intolerance as anybody else. If there's one good thing about the 2008 election it's that it brought out the worst of the left's hypocrisy in this regard.
    i guess that makes me sexist because i would rather have a candidate who has reasonable views and is knowledgeable about the job at hand. i dont care which side its from but so far neither side has yielded any impressive candidates.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i guess that makes me sexist because i would rather have a candidate who has reasonable views and is knowledgeable about the job at hand.
    Uh, no? Unless you think women are inherently precluded from that or something. What a nonsensical statement otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    After how Palin was attacked in 2008, not a chance she'll run; After Benghazi and Benghazi-gate, not a chance Hilary will run; just my thoughts on the matter.
    No one who doesn't watch Fox News cares about Benghazi. Fox hammered that "scandal" hard every day for weeks before the election. Know what effect it had? None. No one gave even a fraction of a portion of a rat's left ass cheek.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:17 AM ----------

No. Palin was not lambasted because she was a woman. She was lambasted because she was a moron who thought "what do you read?" was a curveball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    No one who doesn't watch Fox News cares about Benghazi. Fox hammered that "scandal" hard every day for weeks before the election. Know what effect it had? None. No one gave even a fraction of a portion of a rat's left ass cheek.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:17 AM ----------

No. Palin was not lambasted because she was a woman. She was lambasted because she was a moron who thought "what do you read?" was a curveball.
    didnt she also have problems with remembering basic geography? although that could have been due to stress.....but still it is distressing when you see a candidate on tv regularly getting basic continents/locations mixed up. if they can't manage that kind of stress without cracking then i hate to think what will happen when they get into the white house.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    This is what I mean about people being out of touch with the right. Plenty of people I know don't watch Fox News and cared about Benghazi.

This is what I mean about people being out of touch with the right. Plenty of people I know don't watch Fox News and cared about Benghazi.
    I cared about what happened at Benghazi. Benghazi-gate is a fucking joke of a lie perpetuated by one side that is trying to make the other side look bad.

didnt she also have problems with remembering basic geography? although that could have been due to stress.....but still it is distressing when you see a candidate on tv regularly getting basic continents/locations mixed up. if they can't manage that kind of stress without cracking then i hate to think what will happen when they get into the white house.
    This wasn't directed at me, but answering anyway: I'm not really here to defend Palin, in fact I'm here to say there's no chance she'll be a serious candidate. I doubt even she'd be stupid enough to consider that. The main point I'm trying to make is that anyone who honestly thinks she'll be running in 2016 is more out of touch than the GOP itself, and that's saying something. That or they're so far up their own ass with the "politics game" that they've lost all perspective on reality, and only believe it will happen because of how bad an idea it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of bush i have heard some talk of jeb running in 2016. however i think George w. bush ruined any chance of that.
    I think Jeb Bush is fairly popular among conservatives. Liberals won't vote for him but... liberals weren't going to vote for a republican anyway. So I don't see it weighing him down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I cared about what happened at Benghazi. Benghazi-gate is a fucking joke of a lie perpetuated by one side that is trying to make the other side look bad.
    Only a moron would attribute an attack like that on 9/11 to be caused by a video. I knew immediately that the video excuse was bullshit, so I'd like to think Obama, with all the intelligence at his disposal, would be smarter than that.He's either a liar or far more stupid than I'm giving him credit for.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I think Jeb Bush is fairly popular among conservatives. Liberals won't vote for him but... liberals weren't going to vote for a republican anyway. So I don't see it weighing him down too much.
    I for one am sick of the Bushes and don't like political dynasties in general. I have no idea what size of a minority I am among politically right-oriented people though.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2013-03-11 at 07:28 AM. Reason: better wording/connection

Only a moron would attribute an attack like that on 9/11 to be caused by a video. I knew immediately that the video excuse was bullshit. Even my opinion of Obama isn't low enough to think he's that unperceptive. He's either a liar or far more stupid than I'm giving him credit for.
    Only a moron would discount the effect of propaganda while essentially complaining about propaganda in the same post.

Only a moron would discount the effect of propaganda while essentially complaining about propaganda in the same post.
    So propaganda turned Obama into a temporary retard is the excuse you're going with? Please. Or do you actually believe his story about the video causing it even after he's recanted, and think alternate explanations are the propaganda?

So propaganda turned Obama into a temporary retard is the excuse you're going with? Please. Or do you actually believe his story about the video causing it even after he's recanted, and think alternate explanations are the propaganda?
    /yawn. More rhetoric. Your statement that 'I knew it was a lie INSTANTLY' just shows you don't feel you can believe anything that comes from 'the other side'. Your views on politics is all about where you get your views from, not how factually sound those views actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The thing is, Texas will not go democrat as most people in Texas, as supported by almost every election in the past 25 years or more have shown.
    Except if you consider that Texas's population has been growing steadily Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Except if you consider that Texas's population has been growing steadily Democrat.
    Sssshhhh, facts and changing demographics are hard. Just assume nothing changes, ever.

I've got to start visiting forums that aren't so left-biased.

Sssshhhh, facts and changing demographics are hard. Just assume nothing changes, ever.
    But my clothes! If I can't change clothes then I'll smell bad forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    But my clothes! If I can't change clothes then I'll smell bad forever!
    If you were a true man you would be wearing clothes made of only one material and so couldn't possibly smell.

If you were a true man you would be wearing clothes made of only one material and so couldn't possibly smell.
    What magical material is this?

/yawn. More rhetoric. Your statement that 'I knew it was a lie INSTANTLY' just shows you don't feel you can believe anything that comes from 'the other side'. Your views on politics is all about where you get your views from, not how factually sound those views actually are.
    I don't know how you can come to such a ridiculous conclusion without heavy doses of confirmation bias. An attack, on 9/11, being caused by a months-old video. You have to be pretty fucking stupid to believe that. I was not exactly an outlier in my disbelief. The fact that I did not believe one of the most obvious lies of this administration makes me closed-minded now? Essentially what's happening is that I was RIGHT, and you're scrambling to come up with a way to criticize me for it. How absurd.

Your quip about "where I get my views from" is just as stupid. I heard about the incident, and BHO's false explanation, off of a standard mainstream news report. I "got my views" from my own analysis of the information. Hard as it may be for you to believe, not everyone needs their news sources to coach them on their political views. Some things, like the falsity of the video explanation, are obvious without even much thought, much less a need for someone leading me to that conclusion.

It just really shows how far you have to grasp at straws to have an argument about this subject. If you're going to try to paint my skepticism of anything this administration says as closed-mindedness, you could at least pick a subject I wasn't unquestionably right about.