Deleted

Council of Elder Healing 10man

Well, we fought Council some Hours ago and Wiped about 3 Hours without killing him.

As longer as the Fight goes, im getting some really big problems in Terms of keeping the Raid alive.

Raidcomp:
    Log from best try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2177&e=2707
    Tanks: Warrior and Druid
    DPS: Retri, Lock, Shadow, Elemental, Rogue and a Hunter.
    Heal: Disc (me) and a Hpally ( in 3 healing mode with an Resto-Shaman)

Our Tactic is: Burn Sul to 50%, then switch to malak and Damage 25%. After this normal Empowered bosses and Sul dies before he Empowers (if the DPS is enough).

The main Problem is the very high Raiddamage. I use Spiritshell while Malak casts the debuff and after this for the Dark Energy from empowered Bosses. I use smite if not much raiddamage is going on, Using shield on tanks and people with debuff.

But that isnt enough. Sometimes a Person has the malak debuff AND gets the sand (which instantly roots the person which it targets), causing extremely high spikedamage and if i am not in range ( which sometimes happens) to give him and critshield, he dies.

Sul Sand Bolts are 99% interrupted.

If the group drops too hard, our Shaman pulls healing tide or the shadow uses embrace. But we are still oom pretty fast.

Also we have alot trys with random deaths from high damage spikes.

What can i do? Is the Raid doing something wrong?

Your attempt was 8 mins and 50 seconds. Your raid took 90.4 million damage.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=4387&e=4904 is from my guild, a kill that took 8 minutes and 37 seconds. We took 90.7 million damage.

All, in all, I would say your groups just needs to bring their dps up. Our group's dps is like having 1 more dps than your group had. That adds up a lot over an 8 minute fight where, the faster they die, the more manageable the fight becomes.

My group did it with 3 healers and all went just fine. The damage seems to drop pretty significantly when you get the first boss down, ours was Zul.

Deleted
    Personaly i dont realy think your raid is doing something wrong.
    How is your raid on movement? ar the avoding enough?
    I dont know what it is. but this fight is holding back a lot of people on 10m

im only asking myself if Disc and Holy paly would be a good healer composition,,
    The ar both direct healers.. so missing some out on the hots., although i dont know if it stil realy mathers.

1 thing for sure.. iits a hell of a fight when the are using all the abbility's so fast after eachother..

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Sul Sand Bolts are 99% interrupted.
    Your log say otherwise. Just compare it with log from 2nd post, you took 4 times more dmg from Sandbolt. This is probably the number 1 cause for random deaths and your mana drain.

Also, way to much dmg from Biting cold, meening that people with debuff are spreading (not sharing) dmg to raid.

For my Guild, the most difficult part was to kill one of them, after that it was easy.

As for the healing part, PWS and Atonement worked for me, i also droped Glyph of Penance for Glyph of Purify. We had 3 healers for this one.

Our tactic was to dps Sand from start, then at 30% energy switch to Frost. We did not try to avoid Sand Empowerment, we just wanted to down him first. When he was Empowered we simply pop our CD-s. After we stop Empower he died shortly after.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have found that simply casting Smite, Holy Fire and Penance through pretty much the whole fight (exception: Sandstorms) is the way to go. I pull 80k HPS while doing 50k DPS and the other healers in my group can't even get close to my healing numbers only. Council is a fight with lots of random single target damage and I found it is countered easily by just Atonement Healing all the way. Plus, you help kill the boss substantially faster.

You will need to help heal the tanks during Sandstorms though, or at least throw a PS / PW:B their way. We lost tanks a lot in these phases due to Frigid Assault happening at the same time, add damage, etc.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Venara,

I imagine once all the interrupters etc etc know their job well then attonement will make the fight alot quicker, i presume you're running the 4pc T14 for substantially more penance spam?

we had a really screwed up group last night with basically no melee and a lock who pulled 75k dps, so we called it very quickly. I digress but basically gonna try holy for tonight, the spiky single target damage might favour serenity chakra nicely.

Ive been disc since WotLK Naxx, but with my current gear i hate the fight, hoping holy might help keep me sane

Deleted
    If i go full Atonement people will die. I have always to flashheal them and shit.

We tried to Kill Sul, got him on 50% then burned malak out of empowered which worked fine.

After this, the Raid goes on but somehow the people manage to die. I use the addon "Death Note" to see the deaths and most of the Time its Frostbite and Quicksand.

Of course, it really seems that the sandbolt interrupts are not as good as i first thought. We have a rotation of 5 Kickers but after we switch the boss it seems he just casts free which causes the permanent high raid damage.

This stuff makes me extremely angry...i used to played always in the top 10 of my server but now....

*Edit*

I checked the Death Note logs and it seems people get nuke damage from priestes, Wrath of the Loa for always 150k. I told everyone to interrupt her if she is empowered but nothing happens.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd62270d8; 2013-03-11 at 03:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    Venara,

I imagine once all the interrupters etc etc know their job well then attonement will make the fight alot quicker, i presume you're running the 4pc T14 for substantially more penance spam?
    Yes, I have the 4pc in my current setup. Penance is available pretty much after every second Smite or so. Very helpful!
    After this, the Raid goes on but somehow the people manage to die. I use the addon "Death Note" to see the deaths and most of the Time its Frostbite and Quicksand.
    Frostbite are really "fail deaths". Needs to be handled by three people standing on top of each other to reduce stacks. And Quicksand is pretty much the same. Dispel Entrapped from the initial target, then run out as fast as possible. Of course there's the Sandstorm phases where people may be standing too close to the adds when they die (they turn back into Quicksand). Everyone needs to be aware this will happen and move out early.
    I checked the Death Note logs and it seems people get nuke damage from priestes, Wrath of the Loa for always 150k. I told everyone to interrupt her if she is empowered but nothing happens.
    Mar'li needs to be tanked. She has a regular aggro table. If you have her casting it on raid members, something's wrong there. Tank needs to be highest on her aggro and always be the target of that cast. She will *always* target her current tank. You can't have her untanked because Sul's Sandbolts are randomly targeted. If they happen to target the same person, that's 300k unavoidable damage and can easily oneshot someone who's just taken damage from something else.

Basically, have tanks swap Malakk as usual, have one of them also tank Mar'li, and have the other have *some* aggro on Sul because you want to interrupt him but you don't want him meleeing your DPS or Healers when he's locked out of his spells.

Also, I recommend not bothering with interrupting Mar'li as much. Have your kickers focus on interrupting Sul's Sandbolts. They're AoE and they hit the Frostbite group far too often since there's 3 people there. You'll notice that Sandbolt is a MAJOR source of damage if not interrrupted. In our first few attempts, it was always the highest source of damage after regular melee damage on tanks. Mar'li's assigned tank can interrupt her on cooldown. He'll still be hit a lot because he can't interrupt all her casts but everything helps. If you have a druid tank available, have him tank Mar'li. They take 25% less magic damage just with spec passives, which effectively cuts her Loa cast from 150k to 112.5k.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-03-11 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Weird. Does the Priestes cast also always targets highest aggro if she is empowered? Because she started to randomly cast her Nuke on raidmembers und Death note shows the "dark" versin of her nuke spell. Our Priestes Tank ( a prot warrior) sometimes had to run away to taunt malakk. I guess then she starts casting on random members.

15+ Year Old Account
    Possibly a range issue, yes. I've never seen here cast either Wrath of the Loa spell on anyone but her assigned tank. I might be mistaken of course but I'm fairly certain about that. I'll doublecheck our WoL when it's up.

Deleted
    ^I can confirm the above, we never had any issues with her firing on anything but the designated tank (even checked WoL to be 100% sure). Admittedly we never had her tank run out of melee, it should quite frankly be easy for your sul "tank" and priestess tank to stay in range of each other at all times. I was also using pretty much pure atonement healing with SS and some aoe healing on kazra and sul overloads, and shields on people targetted by cold. Disc felt really strong on this fight (and really mindless, yay blizz!), but I imagine that holy would be solid as well, so give it a shot if you feel more comfy with that.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-11 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Well, raid in1 Hour, lets see if we can improve...